Dji Mavic neewer filters vs polar pro
1702 8 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi guys. I’m looking for someone who has used both of above and can advise about the picture quality. I have the neewer filters which are working good with slowing shutter speed but just wondering if the colours and all else would look better with polar pro’s? I think that neewer are giving that very , very slight foggy effect in the background. I wasn’t noticing it when i was flying without those in auto settings. Polar pro’s are very expensive compared to others so i don’t want to waste my money really if not necessary. Any advice would be apreciated. Thanks
2018-3-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Very good question, I use those same filters and was wondering the same thing.
2018-3-28
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

It would be nice to know. I'm planning to buy Polar Pro in the next week, but I could save some bucks. I don’t want to buy a big set, and another question I have is about: with our without PL?
2018-3-28
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Without purchasing and doing a side by side comparison it would be difficult to say if there is any difference. I have stuck with Polar Pro filters on the basis they supply premium quality products and the fact that I want to be sure the filter produces the best results. The quality of the filter glass is without doubt a critical factor as is the after sales support. There was one occasion that I needed to contact Polar Pro regarding their product, they responded promptly and resolved my concerns completely.  The other thing that is useful to know is the polarising version is better for reducing reflections on water and glass. Hope this helps
2018-3-28
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I think that I will have to do that. I will buy the set and do comparison to see if the picture quality differs. If I will not see any difference then I will just return them. I'm supprised that there aren't any vids on YouTube. There's one but the guy just talking about their look. Which is useless.  Like I said in my original post. The newer ones are great but I just can't get the same great colours as other users out of my videos after colour grading. I tried multiple luts and I can't get that. That's why I am suspecting filters. Thanks for your advices mate and happy flying.
2018-3-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If any ND filter effects the colour of the image then the filter is useless. NEUTRAL density means the colours should remain neutral and the only purpose is to reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor so you can reduce the shutter speed without over exposing the image in bright light to create more motion blur when recording video. Polar Pro filters are high quality products but I prefer the new DJI filters for my MPP as they are completely neutral and are reasonably priced for the four in the set. I have never used any filters except Polar Pro and DJI so can't compare to Neewer.  
2018-3-28
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-3-28 12:04
If any ND filter effects the colour of the image then the filter is useless. NEUTRAL density means the colours should remain neutral and the only purpose is to reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor so you can reduce the shutter speed without over exposing the image in bright light to create more motion blur when recording video. Polar Pro filters are high quality products but I prefer the new DJI filters for my MPP as they are completely neutral and are reasonably priced for the four in the set. I have never used any filters except Polar Pro and DJI so can't compare to Neewer.

So there is some difference then between those two You've used. It's what I'm trying to find out about my filters. I am ready to spend extra money but I need to know that it is worth it. Thanks mate
2018-3-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Siwyleeds mavic Posted at 2018-3-28 13:15
So there is some difference then between those two You've used. It's what I'm trying to find out about my filters. I am ready to spend extra money but I need to know that it is worth it. Thanks mate

I bought these from the DJI UK online store for my MPP

They are perfect!
2018-3-28
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yeah. I was looking at those too some time ago. Can You tell me please what You were nut fully happy about with polar pro's. was it something with colours?
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules