Imagery of Livestock anyone?
1589 12 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thommo
lvl.1

Australia

We want to use aerial imagery to count cattle herds.

Anyone here got some video or imagery of large groups of animals from their P3?

Just want to see a proof of concept before handing over cash

Cheers
2015-5-6
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

I will be going out to check the herd and calves tomorrow.  Will try to upload a video for you.  Also going to use this sucker to blast them damn coyotes!
2015-5-8
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

harderna@yahoo. Posted at 2015-5-9 12:58
I will be going out to check the herd and calves tomorrow.  Will try to upload a video for you.  Als ...

haha that would be pretty funny to watch you chase coyotes. Please post a video!  
2015-5-8
Use props
Thommo
lvl.1

Australia

That would be great. Looking forward to seeing the footage.

I really want to get this project "off the ground", but need to validate the idea with management.

2015-5-10
Use props
lcoleman
lvl.2

United States

Here is a little video I made with the Inspire 1. The camera is essentially the same as the Phantom 3 Pro, so the image should be the same. The original 4k video has been compressed, so there is more detail in the original footage. Watch in HD to get the best image - but still not as good at the original footage.

2015-5-10
Use props
lcoleman
lvl.2

United States

I think this one might help you also. Although not technically livestock, it will give you a good idea what you can see from your quadcopter. Again, this is taken with the Inspire 1, but should be the same image as a Phantom 3 Pro. This one can be viewed in 1080 HD.

2015-5-10
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

Here you go.  It took me a while to get the herd count done because of the weather.  I didn't trim the video.  @1:45 you start to see the herd.  Let me know what you think!

2015-5-11
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

lcoleman Posted at 2015-5-11 08:46
Here is a little video I made with the Inspire 1. The camera is essentially the same as the Phantom  ...

I love that video!

Amazing sky. The ground is a tad on the dark side though.

Looks like you could herd cattle with that thing

2015-5-11
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

I am sure I could have moved ours.  Problem was getting into them trees.  And then losing signal when I could because of LOS and elevation changes.  RTH works wonders!!
2015-5-11
Use props
Thommo
lvl.1

Australia

Wow!!
Thanks guys. Great examples of exactly what we will be doing.
I think I can sell the idea with these videos
2015-5-11
Use props
Thommo
lvl.1

Australia

Buying one today.
Thanks everyone, mission accomplished!
2015-5-12
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

harderna@yahoo. Posted at 2015-5-11 20:06
Here you go.  It took me a while to get the herd count done because of the weather.  I didn't trim t ...

At around the 8 minute mark the group that you're watching all start heading toward a spot to the right.  Are the cows mistaking the sound of the quadcopter for somebody coming to feed them or are they just being silly cows?  
2015-5-12
Use props
harderna
lvl.1

United States

They are dropping calves right now and the ones on the ground they are protective of.  Since they don't know what the drone and the noise are, they huddle together in case of threat.  A few more flights around them and they will know it doesn't harm them.  Pretty cool huh?
2015-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules