Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landing Gear Stuck in Down Position
102161808 102161808 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone have the pleasure of having their Inspire Landing Gear stuck in the lowered position. Minw will not raise with my Cendence Controller or the Original Controller. Also will not enter travel position. A whole 8 flights and $ 8K later they tell me to spend the $ 100 + for shipping and send it in. Problem is that I cannot get it into travel mode. Nice Paper weight, a bit more expensive than a rock though. And try and find a parts manual to try to isolate the problem
2018-3-28
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>

dont have an I2 but it should be close to the I1. check the plug make sure its fully seated. also clean and re-lube the worm gearing and bearing.  try to manual move the worm gear. should be a spot on bottom to use a screw driver.  if non of that helps im sorry sending in be best bet, or find a local shop
2018-3-28
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Could you also check the firmware version?  There was a firmware fault in the past that could cause the landing gear to become "stuck", but the latest firmware version ending .030 is definitely OK.
2018-3-28
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-28 15:54
Could you also check the firmware version?  There was a firmware fault in the past that could cause the landing gear to become "stuck", but the latest firmware version ending .030 is definitely OK.

Everything is the latest firmware. Problem actually happened before the latest updates.
2018-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-3-28 16:00
Everything is the latest firmware. Problem actually happened before the latest updates.

Have you tired another user profile on the Cendence, or deleted and started over? if that doesn't work then try the standard remote and see if you are having the same issue.

I have had the Cendence do this with my I2 and just reset the defaults on a different profile and started to work correctly again. I put all my settings back the way I had them afterwards... all good.

All the best
Rich
2018-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-3-28 11:51
dont have an I2 but it should be close to the I1. check the plug make sure its fully seated. also clean and re-lube the worm gearing and bearing.  try to manual move the worm gear. should be a spot on bottom to use a screw driver.  if non of that helps im sorry sending in be best bet, or find a local shop

Just a heads up. The Inspire 2 is way different from the Inspire 1. yes you can lube it the same and reach the manual screw hole from the bottom, but that's about all. Check out this video below

All the best my friend
Rich

2018-3-28
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-28 20:36
Just a heads up. The Inspire 2 is way different from the Inspire 1. I know you were only trying to help.

All the best my friend

never had an I2 as not worth dropping the $5k for me as a hobby guy
2018-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-3-28 20:38
never had an I2 as not worth dropping the $5k for me as a hobby guy

I know.... check out the video... its pretty cool. I know you have repaired your Inspire 1 center board and can appreciate this.

Rich
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rodger, sorry for the difficulties, there are several possible reasons which may lead the issue.
The servo or screw lever is stuck.
There is an error with the app settings. For example, the Intelligent Landing Gear is disabled.
The central board does not supply power.
Landing gear control on RC doesn't work.
Please try Rich's suggestion, if the issue persists, the drone will need to be sent in for further evaluation.
2018-3-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-28 20:33
Have you tired another user profile on the Cendence, or deleted and started over? if that doesn't work then try the standard remote and see if you are having the same issue.

I have had the Cendence do this with my I2 and just reset the defaults on a different profile and started to work correctly again. I put all my settings back the way I had them afterwards... all good.

Hey Rich, It did work at one time then it just stopped. I hear the audible commands but the gear doesn't even flinch. I did relink the standard controller with the same results. I cannot get it to go into travel mode as well. It is aggravating that you cannot purchase a parts manual so I can follow it through. I'll look at it again later on.
2018-3-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-28 20:36
Just a heads up. The Inspire 2 is way different from the Inspire 1. yes you can lube it the same and reach the manual screw hole from the bottom, but that's about all. Check out this video below

All the best my friend

Rich, is there one where he puts it back together
2018-3-29
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 01:22
Hi Rodger, sorry for the difficulties, there are several possible reasons which may lead the issue.
There is an error with the app settings. For example, the Intelligent Landing Gear is disabled.

Hi Mindy. I am sure it is hardware related. Never a hard landing and not much use. I don't relish the idea of having to send it back. A huge hassle.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-3-29 03:56
Hi Mindy. I am sure it is hardware related. Never a hard landing and not much use. I don't relish the idea of having to send it back. A huge hassle.

Landing gear is usually related to mechanical failure, the best way is to send in for repair service, we understand it may be a hassle, but users may be unable to get it fixed by themselves and we do not recommend to do so either, hope you can consider it.
2018-3-29
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-3-29 03:44
Hey Rich, It did work at one time then it just stopped. I hear the audible commands but the gear doesn't even flinch. I did relink the standard controller with the same results. I cannot get it to go into travel mode as well. It is aggravating that you cannot purchase a parts manual so I can follow it through. I'll look at it again later on.

Yikes.... Based on your information, it sounds like you have confirmed your Inspire 2 has a hardware failure (landing gear motor / module)..  I am so sorry that you are having trouble. This will need to be repaired under warranty by DJI..

All the best Rodger

Rich

This part is very expensive and hard to replace  (about $260)

dji-inspire-2-middle-frame-part-19.jpg

2018-3-29
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-3-29 03:51
Rich, is there one where he puts it back together

Ha Ha... not that I have seen  
here is another video showing the gimbal replacement.... much harder than the (easy) Inspire 1
Rich

2018-3-29
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>

The servo motor on your Inspire 2 has gone out. I have had this happen twice now with two different Inspire 2's. One of them was about 4 days old. I tried everything and it is 100% the servo motor. I opted to just purchase the new center frames and fix them myself. The good thing about doing this is that your Inspire 2 is not gone for a long time and you always have a back up center frame minus the servo motor. If you take your time, it is literally no more than a half hour fix. Here are pictures. It is a matter of removing three screws and replacing the servo motor from the new center frame, or you can replace the whole center frame. Either way it is minimal time to fix. The only thing you have to make sure if you are replacing just the motor, is making sure the worm screw fits into the servo motor mount. It slides right in. Here are some pictures.
2018-3-29
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 909685 ft
  • >>>
Réunion

Hi,

Mine is doing it from time to time and i always carry with me a screwdriver. When it stays on lower position, i unscrew just a little bit the screw on the bottom side and it comes back to normal.

Adrien
2018-3-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AERISRUN Posted at 2018-3-30 03:46
Hi,

Mine is doing it from time to time and i always carry with me a screwdriver. When it stays on lower position, i unscrew just a little bit the screw on the bottom side and it comes back to normal.

Thanks, that was my thought and hope. I think it is and hope it is just bottomed out. It worked fine before and this happened after sitting for a while. If that works I am going to put some Frog Lube on the worm gear.
2018-3-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Puttmaster Posted at 2018-3-29 09:30
The servo motor on your Inspire 2 has gone out. I have had this happen twice now with two different Inspire 2's. One of them was about 4 days old. I tried everything and it is 100% the servo motor. I opted to just purchase the new center frames and fix them myself. The good thing about doing this is that your Inspire 2 is not gone for a long time and you always have a back up center frame minus the servo motor. If you take your time, it is literally no more than a half hour fix. Here are pictures. It is a matter of removing three screws and replacing the servo motor from the new center frame, or you can replace the whole center frame. Either way it is minimal time to fix. The only thing you have to make sure if you are replacing just the motor, is making sure the worm screw fits into the servo motor mount. It slides right in. Here are some pictures.[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Thanks for the reply. I hope that I idon'thave to go through that. I agree on being able to do it yourself. I just wish that there was a parts manual available.
2018-3-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 06:35
Landing gear is usually related to mechanical failure, the best way is to send in for repair service, we understand it may be a hassle, but users may be unable to get it fixed by themselves and we do not recommend to do so either, hope you can consider it.

I have to get it in the transport position first. Then there is the shipping and insurance. Not a pleasant experience Mindy.
2018-3-30
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>

Rodger,
PM me if you need any parts list. I can show you where to get them from an authorized DJI dealer. It is easier than you think. DJI did a great job with making these easy to work with.
2018-3-30
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

To all that replied, thanks. All Fixed and working normally now.
2018-4-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-28 20:33
Have you tired another user profile on the Cendence, or deleted and started over? if that doesn't work then try the standard remote and see if you are having the same issue.

I have had the Cendence do this with my I2 and just reset the defaults on a different profile and started to work correctly again. I put all my settings back the way I had them afterwards... all good.

Rich, all fixed
2018-4-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 01:22

All set now Mindy. Thanks
2018-4-1
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-1 10:44
To all that replied, thanks. All Fixed and working normally now.

Can we know how you fixed it?
2018-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Great news.......  What did you find? was the gear stuck or bottomed out?  

Let us know your findings

Rich
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-1 10:45
All set now Mindy. Thanks

Wow, that's fantastic, glad to know it is fixed, please keep us updated if there is any further issue.
2018-4-2
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-1 19:52
Great news.......  What did you find? was the gear stuck or bottomed out?  

Let us know your findings

It sure was. I could not get it to turn until I gave the screwdriver a slight tap to break it loose and then it turned. It was really locked down. Fortunately the worm gear shaft is of a good quality metal and there was no damage done by the screwdriver. It was so tight I was afraid that I might damage the screw slot beyond any repair but that didn't happen due to the strength of the metal. I cycled the gear up and down manually and then brought it all. the way up and put some Frog Lube Paste on the  Worm Gear and cycled it up and down again. I powered up and hit the power switch 5 times and the servo moved a bit into the full down position, what a relief. Took the Inspire outside and putt in the air and cycled the gear up and down at least a half dozen times and it is working fine.
2018-4-2
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 01:11
Wow, that's fantastic, glad to know it is fixed, please keep us updated if there is any further issue.

Thanks Mindy. It was a simple fix with no permanent damage and at no cost.
2018-4-2
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-1 17:33
Can we know how you fixed it?

Sure. Please see my reply to Rich.
Thanks
2018-4-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-2 03:19
It sure was. I could not get it to turn until I gave the screwdriver a slight tap to break it loose and then it turned. It was really locked down. Fortunately the worm gear shaft is of a good quality metal and there was no damage done by the screwdriver. It was so tight I was afraid that I might damage the screw slot beyond any repair but that didn't happen due to the strength of the metal. I cycled the gear up and down manually and then brought it all. the way up and put some Frog Lube Paste on the  Worm Gear and cycled it up and down again. I powered up and hit the power switch 5 times and the servo moved a bit into the full down position, what a relief. Took the Inspire outside and putt in the air and cycled the gear up and down at least a half dozen times and it is working fine.

I am very happy for you..... This was something the Inspire 1 would do after cycling a bit to far.  Keep an eye on this and happy flying.

Rich
2018-4-2
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-2 20:50
I am very happy for you..... This was something the Inspire 1 would do after cycling a bit to far.  Keep an eye on this and happy flying.

Rich

Thanks Rich. Quite a relief for me. I really enjoy flying the I2 and using the Cendence. I have a 45mm Lens for the X5s and what an eye opener.
2018-4-3
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Today I went through this suffocation! After my 4th flight of the day when trying to land the landing gear did not come down! As I had seen a lot of people complain about that, I figured it was the landing gear problem and I caught it in the air.

So today I have one more problem with my Inspire 2. I already had problems with the camera sensor (I sent from Brazil to the US to fix it), problems with the licenses and now problem with the landing gear. I'm a very lucky guy!!!!
2018-4-3
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2018-4-3 07:25
Today I went through this suffocation! After my 4th flight of the day when trying to land the landing gear did not come down! As I had seen a lot of people complain about that, I figured it was the landing gear problem and I caught it in the air.

So today I have one more problem with my Inspire 2. I already had problems with the camera sensor (I sent from Brazil to the US to fix it), problems with the licenses and now problem with the landing gear. I'm a very lucky guy!!!!

When mine stuck was on my fourth flight. I cycled manually and put some Frog Lube Paste on the worm gear and it is working fine.
2018-4-3
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-4-3 16:03
When mine stuck was on my fourth flight. I cycled manually and put some Frog Lube Paste on the worm gear and it is working fine.

I tried that. During the manual process the landing gear worked a few times, went up and out. But then it stopped.

I'm going to try to change the servo tomorrow. But so far it seems to me to be a failure to understand at what point the landing gear is.
2018-4-3
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Store sells Locktite 263. Perhaps consider adding manufacturer recommended gear grease. Does anyone recommend the best? I have Hoppes gun grease that is probably just white lithium.
2018-4-3
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

daev2018 Posted at 2018-4-3 16:37
DJI Store sells Locktite 263. Perhaps consider adding manufacturer recommended gear grease. Does anyone recommend the best? I have Hoppes gun grease that is probably just white lithium.

The red loctite 263 is pretty much permanent and requires extreme heat to remove it. The blue is a better choice. As far as grease goes Frog Lube paste is a good choice. Non Petroleum and Biodegradable.
2018-4-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

daev2018 Posted at 2018-4-3 16:37

Two things,
1) Triflow is used to clean off the old grease and you can use the RED grease to restore back to new condition  Link:

Triflow

2) I have had good success with 'Lubricant White Lithium Grease';  It works in all temperatures and stays on the gears. Use it very sparingly. You can get many brand names, I have a link for you to see.

link

Rich

2018-4-4
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2018-4-3 16:20
I tried that. During the manual process the landing gear worked a few times, went up and out. But then it stopped.

I'm going to try to change the servo tomorrow. But so far it seems to me to be a failure to understand at what point the landing gear is.

I ran the test with another servo and solved the problem. So I'm one more having the same problem on Inspire 2!

Clearly it is a flaw in the project and DJI could help by selling only the servo and not the expensive whole package (part 19).
2018-4-7
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2018-4-7 11:46
I ran the test with another servo and solved the problem. So I'm one more having the same problem on Inspire 2!

Clearly it is a flaw in the project and DJI could help by selling only the servo and not the expensive whole package (part 19).

Hello, Today Im experimenting the same issue, I was flying and the gear got stuck in flight mode. Did the servo change finally fixed this problem of yours? Mine it only moves if a give some help with the worm screw underneath, Im looking to buy a separate servo unit from a Chinese provider...
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules