2973 13 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheCutter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Germany

Just a simple question to DJI:

Will the DJI Pilot App for Android ever have the same features like the iOS version???

The following features are missing in the Android version:
  • Zebra for live image
  • Virtual Joystick Display in live view and Flight Record replay (for screen recording)
  • Youtube streaming

Also the SDK V2 is not a finished SDK!
It's full of spelling errors, code that does not what the documentation says it should do, missing functions (Gimbal reset), ...

At the moment I'm very unhappy how DJI treats the customers, especially the Android users.
They pretend to be a big player (big events for new products, expanding their empire, ...), but don't act like it on the customer side.
A friend of mine asked the DJI support why it takes so long to repair or replace his gimbal.
The answer from DJI: "We are not Apple. We have a turn-around of 10-15 workdays."

A tip to DJI: Talk to your customers! And always remember: "The Customer is King". No customers, no business!!!
2015-5-6
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yet you made the call to purchase - perceptions of their poor customer service are widespread and legendary. 5 minutes on google would have informed anyone of the fact.
Do you honestly believe that DJI is going to change it's entire approach to customer service because a few people whine on an internet forum?

They will continue in the way they have been operating for as long as sales are up and product goes out the door - it doesn't matter if the gear works as advertised or not.

The important thing right now is that we have folks here, both DJI employed and otherwise who are there to support each other.
The technology will mature over time - adjust your expectations to match the reality.
2015-5-6
Use props
TheCutter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Germany

I don't whine! I use my right to tell DJI my opinion about their company.
If it's your preferred way to adjust your expectations to match the reality it's ok. It's the easy way!

And if noboby would tell their opinion DJI wouldn't know what they are doing wrong, so if you can't contribute something positive to this discussion shut up!
2015-5-6
Use props
ugranzow
lvl.2

Germany

I totally agree with you, Cutter!!! DJI, please give us an answer!

Thank you.
2015-5-6
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

Of course it is your right - I am just suggesting that you consider DJI's approach in the past to such matters and manage your expectations accordingly.
Should all of these things work? Of course they should! Should they have been 100% working when they released the product, yes of course!

But 'should' and 'are' are different matters.
2015-5-6
Use props
druefenacht.gmx
lvl.1

Switzerland

@ Farnk666

Are you really satisfied with your Inspire? Before your next flight do you feel really good, I'm not. If you read in Germany's Kopterforum and DJI Inspire Forum there are so many unsatisfied CUSTOMERS. Generally the Customer has not be the tester and finder of all new bugs.
2015-5-7
Use props
sam1am
lvl.1
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-7 15:40
Of course it is your right - I am just suggesting that you consider DJI's approach in the past to su ...

Yes, never try to change anything or make it better. Never provide valuable feedback. Accept the status quo. Good advice for a useful life.
2015-5-7
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

My Inspire has worked fine for me and the applications I have put it to.

No, I am not entirely satisfied as a customer, there is functionality not yet delivered and yes there are issues that need to be resolved.
DJI China don't appear to be responsive to customer issues, there are folks here from the US company that are trying to help the community.

Pretty much the same accusations can be made of many tech companies, Apple with the iPhone 4 antenna issue, Seagate with their Barracuda range of hard drives are a couple of examples.

I have worked in the technology space for 25+ years, doing support at a number of levels as well as pre-sales, consulting and associated engineering. In my experience companies such as these do not actively monitor web forums and such for technical or sales feedback. Where they do watch closely are the service/support/repair stats and the forward ordering(wholesale sales) numbers.

These tell the company how much money they stand to make and how much money they are spending on supporting the installed user base.
By far the best means (not necessarily the easiest or most convenient however) is to log formal support cases with DJI when you have issues so that their stats reflect the scale of the problems that exist across all owners. With respect to undelivered / promised functionality, it is the personal choice of every owner to either sit it out and wait, or return the product to the retailer and reconsider a purchase to either an alternative product or wait until the wanted feature is available.

Return numbers are a very visible and closely monitored KPI, and distributors are very quick to raise issue with their manufacturers when they see an upswing in returns as their profit margins are very small.

Before I bought the Inspire, which was my first large quad, I had conducted some fairly basic web research on the options and the service quality of each brand. These issues were well documented by people who had purchased the phantom range, which I took as an indicator that the service and features situation for the Inspire would probably be similar. With eyes open I made that call and spent my money.

As a suggestion only, have you determined the company that is distributing DJI in Germany? Has any approach or communication been had with them? What is the legislative situation with regard to consumer protections and can you make claim against them for product that is not fit for purpose?

2015-5-7
Use props
sgsmith560
New

South Africa

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-8 08:00

No, I am not entirely sati ...

@Farn666

If a company sells you a product... it should work the way they have advertised it on release....

SIMPLE...

I don't hear whining... I hear the truth...

2015-5-16
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Businesses grow fast like dji and then they crash just as hard when another company starts offering the same thing and takes better care of the customer..  It's like a relationship between man and woman.. Woman will cheat and leave man for a better man if her man isn't taking care of her needs..    It won't be long before Samsung or another better company  steps into the drone market and when support is better dji will wish they did things different ..  It's just a matter of time before it happens..  

Honestly if 3dr had lightbridge I would have tried them out instead of the p3, but 800 meters of range doesn't cut it for me so since dji offered 24 hr support for the p3 I decided this year I would stick with dji..  My point is 3dr is closing the gap already..  Offer a bad a$$ camera, long hd video range, lots of options and a fly away warranty with fast repair times like apple (so dji compares itself too) and you will be big in the drone market..  So as far as I'm concerned if dji don't get off his butt with customer service he will end up not being too happy in a few years..  Like the cell phone market, you get to a point you can offer any more really good new ideas and then it's upgraded processors and cameras which makes it even harder to stay #1

2015-5-29
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-8 08:00

No, I am not entirely sati ...

I have posted in the Inspire 1 forums about the Crux decision I have/had. Due to the non delivery of certain advertised functions (ground station/autonomous flight), and the requirements of certain engagements, I was on the fence with continuing to purchase from DJI. Well, the wait is over. My $ just went to 3DR for an X8-M rather than a DJI product. It won't even be noticed by DJI because they are clueless in satisfying their customers and obviously in retention of customers. The purchase is >$5K and should underline my dissatisfaction with unfulfilled functionality statements.
2015-6-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

Best of luck with the X8-M Skyvideoct - I'd be quite interested in how you find it.
I'm looking at a larger scale flight platform to go alongside the I1 that is a bit more flexible.
2015-6-3
Use props
patersonward.ho
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-8
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

I like my iOS device. Before I purchased my P3, I was looking into purchasing a P2, GoPro Hero 4 and Zenmuse Gimbal, etc, etc - so the first purchase I made was my iPhone 5s ready for the other purchases and when the P3p was announced I was glad to purchase it and am happy with it now, especially as new capabilities are being added to it via the app.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules