559 20 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.D. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well here we are again. Just received the Spark but this time in Blue. Had the Red one before I sold it so thought to pick up the blue one. Wow I forget how tiny this thing is compared to my mighty P4P and MP.
Only had the red one for 2 months before getting rid of it but this one...well I plan to hold on to this one and rack up the flight time as I have with the other two.

Oh yeah 2 days to ship my door? I'm impressed.
2018-3-28
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2018-3-28
Use props
Dunes09
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41736 ft
United States

Any reason you decided to go back to the spark?
2018-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice.
Why did you get another one?
2018-3-28
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dunes09 Posted at 2018-3-28 19:19
Any reason you decided to go back to the spark?

At the time I was looking for a copter with long distance range and better gimbal/camera but now...a bit different.

Don't mind the range distance, can work with the camera specs and more importantly, I can put it in my backpack with my laptop when I travel. Small, decent camera and super portable is what I need.

My favorite dji drone hands down is the P4P. The camera is insane but for now the portability of the Spark, is going to work for my travels.
2018-3-29
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-28 22:06
Very nice.
Why did you get another one?

Thanks Montfrooij, as I'd explained above it was time for something different for my needs. Super portability for my travels needs is what I'm after.
2018-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-3-29 04:16
Thanks Montfrooij, as I'd explained above it was time for something different for my needs. Super portability for my travels needs is what I'm after.

Yes, get that. But why did you sell it in the first place?
You still have the MP right?
Is that not small enough?
2018-3-29
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-29 04:25
Yes, get that. But why did you sell it in the first place?
You still have the MP right?
Is that not small enough?

Sold it b/c I wanted the MP; the tech specs won me over.

The MP is what I consider mid-size. Portable? yes but not as compact and portable as the Spark.

2018-3-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is quick shipping! I ordered some accessories for my MPP from the DJI online store here in the UK earlier this month and they came the next day! Impressed.
Congrats on getting the Spark again - hope you have a lot of fun with it.
2018-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-3-29 04:40
Sold it b/c I wanted the MP; the tech specs won me over.

The MP is what I consider mid-size. Portable? yes but not as compact and portable as the Spark.

I see.
There is a tool for every occasion

I know the dilemma, but so far I have been able to make little compromises and get away with 1 tool per area.
(1 videocam, 1 DSLR, 1 gimbal, 1 drone)
But that is only because I am willing to make sacrifices on certain area's.

Not sure if it will stay that way
2018-3-29
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-29 04:53
That is quick shipping! I ordered some accessories for my MPP from the DJI online store here in the UK earlier this month and they came the next day! Impressed.
Congrats on getting the Spark again - hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Thanks, yeah quick ship is definitely a plus. Noticed that my Spark was shipped from a DJI supplier at a nearby state hence the quicker ship.
2018-3-29
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-3-29 05:01
I see.
There is a tool for every occasion

Makes sense. I'm going to Europe in a few months so bought a nice mid-size backpack which I intend to carry the Spark (placed in a another zipper case) fits perfectly in the backpack. Plan to take that plus my laptop, Bose headphones and other items. Backpack is amazing and glad everything fits.
2018-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

S.D. Pilot Posted at 2018-3-29 05:38
Makes sense. I'm going to Europe in a few months so bought a nice mid-size backpack which I intend to carry the Spark (placed in a another zipper case) fits perfectly in the backpack. Plan to take that plus my laptop, Bose headphones and other items. Backpack is amazing and glad everything fits.

Yes, travel is always an issue when it comes to packing gear.
My main worry is the trunk of our car.
Every year we are 105% full.....
So I am limited by all the toys and clothes that we have to take with us....
I even had to leave my second tripod at home (very small package). It would not fit anymore.

So therefor I like to have just 1 of every tool.....
The summer holiday is one of the few moments when I actually have time to spend on making nice footage!
2018-3-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I was very pleased with the size of the MA. Even smaller when folded than the Spark! And so much better.
2018-3-29
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

Yep, Spark is so great for outdoor adventures where you're limited in the size and weight of things you can carry with you for the day or the whole trip! I love that I can toss it in my ski pack/bike pack/hiking pack and barely notice that it's there!
2018-3-29
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Canada

The things I wish it had are either faster top speed in P-GPS mode or the ability to unlock the gimbal while filming in sport mode, and the option to allow Spark to automatically descend while in active track for following a skier/mountain biker etc.
2018-3-29
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Canada

Faster descent rate would be good too.
2018-3-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always take the opportunity to say that I still adore my Spark...  it's my daredevil drone.  I use it for the risky flights.  It's actually never let me down...  I may pick up another while they're giving away a free remote.
2018-3-29
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-3-29 08:37
Yep, Spark is so great for outdoor adventures where you're limited in the size and weight of things you can carry with you for the day or the whole trip! I love that I can toss it in my ski pack/bike pack/hiking pack and barely notice that it's there!

Precisely my point ! On my travels to Europe is going to the perfect addition.
2018-3-29
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-3-29 09:01
Always take the opportunity to say that I still adore my Spark...  it's my daredevil drone.  I use it for the risky flights.  It's actually never let me down...  I may pick up another while they're giving away a free remote.

Good point; another reason why I decided to purchase now - free RC.
2018-3-29
Use props
S.D. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-3-29 06:52
I was very pleased with the size of the MA. Even smaller when folded than the Spark! And so much better.

Yeah thought about the MA but the price point for the Spark was a better option for me. Plus the plan is to purchase the next DJI drone creation or possible  2nd generation.
2018-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules