Firmware will not fully install
1914 10 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

Today I received my Air back from DJI, and to my surprise it would not let me take off because it had to do a firmware update. I did not know those were mandatory.
In any case I downloaded the new version and started the update. It reaches 99% and stays stuck there. After 10 mins of waiting I restarted the process with the same results.
I am on the road with no access to my PC to try to do it through the Asssistant software.
What can I do?
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please follow the tutorial video below to try the update via DJI GO4 app again, if still no good luck, then you are recommended to try it via DJI assistant 2 later when you are able to access to your PC. Thanks!

2018-3-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried again to see if the Mavic Air will take off? Sometimes the update stays at 99%, but has actually finished updating. The clue is whether the last thing it did at 99% was a reboot.
2018-3-28
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-28 17:14
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please follow the tutorial video below to try the update via DJI GO4 app again, if still no good luck, then you are recommended to try it via DJI assistant 2 later when you are able to access to your PC. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wTG0lILj6g&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=3&t=14s

I tried again and now the update went well and I got the UPDATE COMPLETE message.
However when I restarted th dji go 4 app I got a Camera error code 3.
I never saw that before and as I mentioned before, the Air just came back from DJI for a motor replacement. There was no problem with the camera.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

nywrecker Posted at 2018-3-28 18:44
I tried again and now the update went well and I got the UPDATE COMPLETE message.
However when I restarted th dji go 4 app I got a Camera error code 3.
I never saw that before and as I mentioned before, the Air just came back from DJI for a motor replacement. There was no problem with the camera.

Thank you for your update, glad to know that you have updated the firmware success. However, sorry to hear about the error message in the DJI GO4 app. Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it. Thanks!
2018-3-28
Use props
fans064e615d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Brazil

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-28 19:19
Thank you for your update, glad to know that you have updated the firmware success. However, sorry to hear about the error message in the DJI GO4 app. Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it. Thanks!

Hi, I'm from Brazil but I bought mavic air in USA. I'm having the same problem reported above, I would like a solution since I can not use warranty support for distance. I've already tried to upgrade to DJI GO by DJI Assistant 2 and it did not work. I can not use Mavic because it asks for this update to work. Is it possible for any administrator to help me? I'm waiting, I'm desperate. Thank you.
2018-3-29
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Brazil

HEEEEEEEELP!
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the difficulties, did you get the same error code when you update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2? If yes, please upload the log in DJI Assistant 2 and inform us your DJI account for further analysis, thank you.
2018-3-29
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 22:41
Sorry for the difficulties, did you get the same error code when you update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2? If yes, please upload the log in DJI Assistant 2 and inform us your DJI account for further analysis, thank you.

This is the error message I get when I upgrade. I've tried several times, always the same mistake.

DJI account: tc.soares@hotmail.com

I'll be waiting, thanks.

2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

soarestiago Posted at 2018-3-30 14:20
This is the error message I get when I upgrade. I've tried several times, always the same mistake.

DJI account:

Thank you for the information, we will reply you and update the issue in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-141799-1-1.html, thanks!
2018-3-31
Use props
Avian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89301 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I got twice now a message of inconsistent software and I need to update. Which I did twice... So hopefully that is it...
Why would it say this? I haven't had issues when I updated to new firmware when I got my MA...
DJI?
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules