Sensor Calibration
3202 7 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NeliuSpies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2151526 ft
Nauru

Good day mates, having a question regarding the effect of not calibrating vision sensors in DJI Assistant 2. I am currently on assignment in the Pacific and not able to access DJI Assistant due to a very bad internet connection. Went for one of my many flights yesterday and got the warning that the vision sensors need to be calibrated. I did it however in the app but the warning remains there and says it is recommended to use DJI assistant. Any one of knowledge please tell me if I can still get airborne without any danger to the AC or would it be better to rather ground it till I can access the internet for the calibration. Thank in advance

2018-3-28
Use props
NeliuSpies
lvl.3
Nauru

Just to add more info: I am using a Mavic Pro machine
2018-3-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Your vison sensor can only be done through dji asst. Not calibrating will limit speed, and avoidance system. This is something you don't want to leave to chance.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi NeliuSpies, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please calibrate the vision sensors via DJI Assistant 2 when you are able to access the internet, before that, it is not recommended to fly the drone. Otherwise, it might cause a potential threat to the flight safety, please take good care of your drone and make sure all the prepares have done before fly it. Thanks!
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I never calibrated the vision sensors in DJI Assistant 2 for my Mavic Pro. I've only flown my MP a handful of times. I admit there have been some controller issues on my device but I doubt it's from not calibrating the vision sensors? The OA seems to work perfectly for DJI drones brand new right out of the box, so there really isn't a real reason to calibrate them.  
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-28 22:30
I never calibrated the vision sensors in DJI Assistant 2 for my Mavic Pro. I've only flown my MP a handful of times. I admit there have been some controller issues on my device but I doubt it's from not calibrating the vision sensors? The OA seems to work perfectly for DJI drones brand new right out of the box, so there really isn't a real reason to calibrate them.

I realize you're having error messages but that's pretty normal sometimes and the error usually corrects itself in subsequent flights. You can always update your VS in DJI Assistant 2, but if you didn't calibrate your compass and IMU off a flat surface, or do anything wonky, it should correct itself, but that is only my opinion.
2018-3-28
Use props
NeliuSpies
lvl.3
Fiji

Thanks for the input all I did take it out today however not to comfy so rather brought it back and shall be grounded for maintenance once the access is there
2018-3-28
Use props
Dr. Suz
New
Flight distance : 8261 ft

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-28 22:25
Hi NeliuSpies, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please calibrate the vision sensors via DJI Assistant 2 when you are able to access the internet, before that, it is not recommended to fly the drone. Otherwise, it might cause a potential threat to the flight safety, please take good care of your drone and make sure all the prepares have done before fly it. Thanks!

I have a vision sensor error message on the controller and downloaded the assistant.  I've literally spent 5 hours today trying to get my Mavic Pro vision sensors calibrated.  I've run down 4 batteries now.  I get to 85% calibration and it hangs up.  I'm at a loss and very frustrated.  It isn't like I didn't have anything better to do today.
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules