In Need for Automaton (Flight Path Mission) >P4P+
1049 8 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nazt_7
lvl.1

Indonesia

Greetings,

Recently puchased p4p+, ive read several threads on this forum regarding the compatibility to install apk for planning flight mission. True that waypoint feature is able to make as such, but i have to fly the drone first while ceating the points, and then return to start, and then fly again to follow the created waypoint. It is not effective because twice the flight.

In my next project, i will make lots of orthophotos that require each image to front and side overlap each other. Anyway ive managed to install pix4d, which provide the flight mission that i need, all works fine, such as front and side overlap, flight path, coordinates, overlay with the map provided.

Now come the problem, the apks cant connect to the drone via RC, it can via usb cable, but of course i dont need it.

What i need is the flight path, whatever the apk is or the methods. Im open to all suggestions and solutions for this problem. Thanks.
2018-3-28
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

Buy a new, ordinary RC (https://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro-remote-controller) and device, the best is one from the compatibility list (https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips ... go-updated-daily.18). RC+ does not support any third party software for automation flight. I have same problem and I borrow ordinary RC from friend.
DJI, please enable GSPro for Android and RC+!!!
2018-3-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You have bought the wrong P4 pro.
The P4 pro+ doesn't run the programs you need.
Get an ordinary P4 pro controller for your drone and you can do all of those things.
2018-3-29
Use props
nazt_7
lvl.1

Indonesia

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciated it.

Looks like hitting a brick wall here. An honest mistake by me, for not really dig deep about the RC's compatibility (thought that DJI accomodates their consumer with this built-in display, you dont have to use another tablet, we've already prep it for you kind of thing) . Running in tight budget right now, new P4P RC will cost 3 months wage for 1 unskilled field labor, so sorry i dont mean to be a cheap-ass, but im sure, you guys that work in survey and mapping knows what it means.

Just like 'tompahr' said, why DJI doesnt release GSPro (need this one for the flight mission) for Android and RC+, i meanDJI is a world leading company in drones industry, pretty sure all the engineers and technicians there are all brainy,  GSPro for android, GSPro for android, GSPro for android.

So for DJI, your P4P+ display works fine in daylight, lots of your consumers are working in survey and mapping division, what is the outcome for this particular situation??
2018-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nazt_7 Posted at 2018-3-29 17:31
Thanks for the responses guys, appreciated it.

Looks like hitting a brick wall here. An honest mistake by me, for not really dig deep about the RC's compatibility (thought that DJI accomodates their consumer with this built-in display, you dont have to use another tablet, we've already prep it for you kind of thing) . Running in tight budget right now, new P4P RC will cost 3 months wage for 1 unskilled field labor, so sorry i dont mean to be a cheap-ass, but im sure, you guys that work in survey and mapping knows what it means.

why DJI doesnt release GSPro (need this one for the flight mission) for Android
There are plenty of options that give a lot more than GSP for mapping.
Try something like DroneDeploy (but not on the P4 pro+)
2018-3-29
Use props
nazt_7
lvl.1

Indonesia

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-29 17:56
why DJI doesnt release GSPro (need this one for the flight mission) for Android
There are plenty of options that give a lot more than GSP for mapping.
Try something like DroneDeploy (but not on the P4 pro+)

Well, i guess that RC+ is useless for now, for i only use the drone for work
2018-3-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a shame DJI are not more forth coming with the information needed to make a more informed decision when when it comes to buying the P4P+.

Is GSPro even in the works for Android? or is it just going t be a IOS option?
2018-3-29
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

Bashy, GSPro is still only for IOS. Labroides, RC+ is closed system and I have not any hope that third party flight software will ever work with RC+. But I think DJI can make it work at least GSPro.
2018-3-29
Use props
nazt_7
lvl.1

Indonesia

That's right 'tompahr', at least make GSP works for android on RC+. After all it's DJI own release
2018-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules