Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P+ after update: ultrasonic sensor error, bad quality Panoramas
12Next >
3547 73 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

Hello, not so long ago I've decided to update my P4P+ to the latest firmware (both controller and drone).  Update went well however my drone almost crashed since the compass went crazy when i launched drone for first time after update - it moved in unpredictible manier. I've calibrated compass, IMU as adviced, since the the drone is stable. I have two questions:
1. What is the size of pano images? I took ''small planet'' panorama using function, exported it out of P4P+ controller to Mac and the resolution is 4096 × 2048. The quality is bad, I mean, it's not usable with heavy color degrading and the image takes just 262 kb!
2. Now more serious problem. After update I get ''Ultrasonic sensor error. Land immediately" messages every single time I fly. It has never appeared whit the old firmware. It's a bit scary when the drone is somewhere in the air and I get this message. I've tried to ignore it and fly, all went well, don't know what to expect next time. Sensors look clean to me (no dust in the grid).
I attach an original panorama (untouched):
1522278185667.jpg
2018-3-29
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

I wouldn't know why you get warnings with the ultrasonic sensors (the two 'eyes' at the bottom of the drone) but if you get warnings and you want to fly: Just shut them off. They are the 'downward positioning system' and only work to 10m above ground. They are useless further up anyway.
2018-3-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Have you got a gimbal guard fitted to the aircraft, or some after-market fittings?
2018-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

my drone almost crashed since the compass went crazy when i launched drone for first time after update - it moved in unpredictible manier
That would have been 100% unrelated to the update and is probably due to the location where you launched.
The symptoms sound like what happens when you launch from a steel or reinforced concrete surface.
Where did you launch from?

If the Ultrasonic error message is disturbing, simply turn off the VPS system.
It's of very little use anyway even when it's working.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The resolution of Sphere is 4096*2048. It is recommended to use this feature in the environment with enough light to get a better effect. As for the ultrasonic sensor error, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant to see whether it is the misinformation. If it remains, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-29
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

Geebax Posted at 2018-3-29 14:53
Have you got a gimbal guard fitted to the aircraft, or some after-market fittings?

No, nothin, pure stock
2018-3-29
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-29 17:49
my drone almost crashed since the compass went crazy when i launched drone for first time after update - it moved in unpredictible manier
That would have been 100% unrelated to the update and is probably due to the location where you launched.
The symptoms sound like what happens when you launch from a steel or reinforced concrete surface.

It's possible your version is accurate, the place is surrounded by metal objects, but it wasn't the first time i fly there and the drone was predictable. I also fly without VPS since it has an awkward glitch - it constantly shows 0,1 meters somewhere in the air and the drone just stops flying (or flies incredibly slowly) thinking it is way to low. Someone even said it could turn off motors in case it thinks it is on the ground so from that moment VPS is turned off.
2018-3-29
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-29 19:48
The resolution of Sphere is 4096*2048. It is recommended to use this feature in the environment with enough light to get a better effect. As for the ultrasonic sensor error, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant to see whether it is the misinformation. If it remains, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis from here: https://www.dji.com/support

Hello and thank you for the answer. As you can see, my attached image is taken in the morning (D-Cinelike profile) and there is plenty of light but you can see the color posterisation in the sky. I thought that it will use more megapixels to create a large panorama but now it's more for fun purpose to watch on the screen than to use in the real world. The file is just way too compressed.
Regarding the firmware I'll try to reinstall it.
2018-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bluras.com Posted at 2018-3-29 23:45
It's possible your version is accurate, the place is surrounded by metal objects, but it wasn't the first time i fly there and the drone was predictable. I also fly without VPS since it has an awkward glitch - it constantly shows 0,1 meters somewhere in the air and the drone just stops flying (or flies incredibly slowly) thinking it is way to low. Someone even said it could turn off motors in case it thinks it is on the ground so from that moment VPS is turned off.

the place is surrounded by metal objects, but it wasn't the first time i fly there and the drone was predictable.
Every week people report crashes that are caused by launching from reinforced concrete.
You might get away with it sometimes because the reinforcing steel might be a little deeper or your compass is between big rods but keep doing it and you'll find a time when you place the compass right over a point where two bars cross and the concrete isn't very thick.
Launching from steel or reinforced concrete surfaces is just asking for trouble.
Never do it if you want to keep your Phantom.
2018-3-30
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Brazil

I am experiencing the same ultrassonic error often! My aircraft just came from warranty repair!
2018-4-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Bluras.com Posted at 2018-3-29 23:49
Hello and thank you for the answer. As you can see, my attached image is taken in the morning (D-Cinelike profile) and there is plenty of light but you can see the color posterisation in the sky. I thought that it will use more megapixels to create a large panorama but now it's more for fun purpose to watch on the screen than to use in the real world. The file is just way too compressed.

Such low output resolution for panorama is just not right. The sequence of taken images is stored on SD card. Can you examine them for quality and size? Can you try to stitch the image in some dedicated software?
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bluras.com Posted at 2018-3-29 23:49
Hello and thank you for the answer. As you can see, my attached image is taken in the morning (D-Cinelike profile) and there is plenty of light but you can see the color posterisation in the sky. I thought that it will use more megapixels to create a large panorama but now it's more for fun purpose to watch on the screen than to use in the real world. The file is just way too compressed.

Please have a try in another daytime to see whether it is the same case. Alternatively, you can use the third-party software on PC to stitch. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2018-4-1 09:48
I am experiencing the same ultrassonic error often! My aircraft just came from warranty repair!

Adriano, please refer my previous suggestion and try to refresh the firmware to see whether it helps. Also, please kindly offer the last repair case number, we'd like to see the exact status.
2018-4-2
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

Thank you, Susan. I refreshed the upgrade, I'll test if the error still show up.
Anyway, Susan, can you tell us if this error can cause any disturbance on a flight and a crash?
2018-4-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It looks like your panorama is made up of the proof shots stored on your phone or tablet.
2018-4-7
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

Hello, so here is my small update:
Yesterday I updated Phantom to V01.05.0600, had a flight today and guess what -''Ultrasonic sensor'' error appeared as usually. What I find interesting that first time it appeared after flying for quite long time (10 minutes+) and when I restarted the drone, error appeared again much sooner (just a moment after the launch). Still, had no problem flying around and taking images however I still do not like that error. By the way, I get constant Red Lights (not blinking), when the error message pops up.
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bluras.com Posted at 2018-4-8 10:46
Hello, so here is my small update:
Yesterday I updated Phantom to V01.05.0600, had a flight today and guess what -''Ultrasonic sensor'' error appeared as usually. What I find interesting that first time it appeared after flying for quite long time (10 minutes+) and when I restarted the drone, error appeared again much sooner (just a moment after the launch). Still, had no problem flying around and taking images however I still do not like that error. By the way, I get constant Red Lights (not blinking), when the error message pops up.

Solid red is critical error I wouldn’t with that aircraft sooner or later something bad is going to happen.
2018-4-8
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

What I am going to to do is:
-Try to calibrate VPS
-Possibly downgrade to the oldest firmware? As I said earlier, the error appeared after installing new firmware, never happened with the old.
2018-4-8
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

Ok, so I feel I should post the news because it might be I am not alone who encountered "ultrasonic sensor error" with a new firmware update. I've calibrated VPS and did 5 long time flights until low battery warning. The error did not appear anymore and the drone itself feels more stable than before so I highly advice to calibrate VPS before downgrading FW or worse - sending the drone to repair shop. The panorama quality still mediocre.
2018-4-22
Use props
Adriano Milanez
lvl.3
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-2 00:27
Adriano, please refer my previous suggestion and try to refresh the firmware to see whether it helps. Also, please kindly offer the last repair case number, we'd like to see the exact status.

It seems it was really a bad firmware upgrade. Even I saw a message saying something was missing and advising to upgrade again. So, as Susan suggested, I refreshed firmware on DJI Assistant and after some flights, so far, no more ultrassonic error!
2018-4-30
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

So, after flying for some time eventually I got the error message again which I did not expect with the latest firmware and calibration, since 6 or 7 flights were successful. I've downgraded my firmware to 01.04.0602, strangely enough I could not downgrade to the "trustworthy" 01.03.0509. Had a few flights, so far so good but it is my last hope otherwise if the error pops up again, it means there is some hardware failure.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Adriano Milanez Posted at 2018-4-30 08:06
It seems it was really a bad firmware upgrade. Even I saw a message saying something was missing and advising to upgrade again. So, as Susan suggested, I refreshed firmware on DJI Assistant and after some flights, so far, no more ultrassonic error!

Thanks for keeping us updated. According to the current info we collected for now, it looks like the misinformation, Our engineers are still working on the exact cause, I'll keep follow up as well. Appreciate your patience.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bluras.com Posted at 2018-5-2 02:12
So, after flying for some time eventually I got the error message again which I did not expect with the latest firmware and calibration, since 6 or 7 flights were successful. I've downgraded my firmware to 01.04.0602, strangely enough I could not downgrade to the "trustworthy" 01.03.0509. Had a few flights, so far so good but it is my last hope otherwise if the error pops up again, it means there is some hardware failure.

Sorry about this, our engineers are working on this, and we'll keep you posted on the latest progress, thanks for your patience.
2018-5-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,
Thank you so much for your patience!
I just got the latest news from our engineers that the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest beta firmware(V01.06.0100) of P4P.
If the reminder appears in the open field when the drone is in the air, it might be the misinformation. You may leave or PM us your DJI Account here, we'll collect regularly and forward to the right team to add you in the beta test. Any feedback will be appreciated.  
Wish you all have a good time.
2018-7-5
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-5 22:59
Hi All,
Thank you so much for your patience!
I just got the latest news from our engineers that the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest beta firmware(V01.06.0100) of P4P.

"the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest"
Ohh my i would like to see how the optimized misinformation error look like.   
2018-7-6
Use props
Bluras.com
lvl.2
Lithuania

Small update from me: I still fly a lot on FW01.03.0509 and the error never appeared again
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Bluras.com Posted at 2018-7-8 22:25
Small update from me: I still fly a lot on FW01.03.0509 and the error never appeared again

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear the drone works well now. If you have an interest in the beta, please let us know and we'll add you in the test.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-6 03:11
"the misinformation Ultrasonic Sensor Error has been optimized in the latest"
Ohh my i would like to see how the optimized misinformation error look like.

Emmm, I guess, it just appears at the right time.
2018-7-9
Use props
Tony62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572795 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-9 00:02
Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear the drone works well now. If you have an interest in the beta, please let us know and we'll add you in the test.

Could I be added to the beta test? I also have the problem with the sensors
2018-7-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tony62 Posted at 2018-7-14 06:27
Could I be added to the beta test? I also have the problem with the sensors

Of course, please kindly send or PM us your DJI Account(the email address when you log in DJI GO 4), we'll collect regularly and add you in.
2018-7-15
Use props
Tony62
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-15 19:31
Of course, please kindly send or PM us your DJI Account(the email address when you log in DJI GO 4), we'll collect regularly and add you in.

My email address is acvideo1@libero.it
2018-7-16
Use props
Tony62
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan the beta firmware will be sent to me via DJI Assistant?
2018-7-19
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

As for number 2 the sensors, I had the same experience the other day, my take on this is DJI has a software problem in the coding for the P4P+ I see Sue from DJI has confirmed this.
2018-7-19
Use props
Tony62
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan I checked my DJI Assistant I did not receive the beta 600 firmware
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tony, thanks for getting back to us. I've received your message and will forward to the team and add you in later.
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RMJovo Posted at 2018-7-19 06:04
As for number 2 the sensors, I had the same experience the other day, my take on this is DJI has a software problem in the coding for the P4P+ I see Sue from DJI has confirmed this.

Hi RMJovo, are you interested in the beta firmware? If yes, please kindly PM us your DJI account and leave a message here, I'll collect and forward to the right team regularly.
2018-7-19
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-19 23:06
Hi RMJovo, are you interested in the beta firmware? If yes, please kindly PM us your DJI account and leave a message here, I'll collect and forward to the right team regularly.

Thanks for the offer but I can wait until  the firmware is officially released, today’s two 1/2 hr flights I only had the error once compared to 4 errors the other day. Thanks again Susan you are the best, have a wonderful day.
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RMJovo Posted at 2018-7-21 15:21
Thanks for the offer but I can wait until  the firmware is officially released, today’s two 1/2 hr flights I only had the error once compared to 4 errors the other day. Thanks again Susan you are the best, have a wonderful day.

You are welcome. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-7-23
Use props
Tony62
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan, pubblicato alle 2018-7-19 23:00
Tony, grazie per essere tornato da noi. Ho ricevuto il tuo messaggio e lo inoltrerò al team e ti aggiungerò in seguito.

Dji Susam sorry, what time is there for the beta version? my Phantom 4 is so unmanageable and I use it to work
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tony62 Posted at 2018-7-23 01:33
Dji Susam sorry, what time is there for the beta version? my Phantom 4 is so unmanageable and I use it to work

Tony, do you refer the P4, instead of P4P, right? If yes, we're sorry for the misunderstanding as the beta we mentioned here is for P4P only. Currently, the latest official firmware of P4 is v02.00.0700 and we're sorry that there is no beta for now. If you are experiencing the same ultrasonic sensor error on P4 in open filed, please kindly export the corresponding flight logs for analysis, thanks!
2018-7-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules