Gimbal Stutter/Skip
570 4 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CjMiller7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35413 ft
United States

I was recently gifted a spark for my birthday. I was making sure everything was working properly and I noticed on the video screen, the gimbal seems to stutter/skip when panning up and down so the footage is not smooth and fluid, its choppy. I have the gimbal speed set to 10 so it is not too fast, but unsure what is the issue. Or is this a normal occurrence for the spark give it is only a 2 axis gimbal and not a 3 axis gimbal?

Thank you in advance!
2018-3-29
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Can you post a sample so we can see what you're talking about?

was it windy out?  Mine does that sometimes when it's too windy.
2018-3-29
Use props
CjMiller7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35413 ft
United States

The drone wasn't actually flying is the strange part. I was just testing the camera settings inside to make sure everything was working before I did take it out. I actually took a video as you requested and went back to watch it and the video was perfectly smooth. Seems to be only on the live view/screen when the footage stutters, not on the actual recorded footage. Interesting. Thank you anyways for a quick reply!
2018-3-29
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

it's probably the feed to your phone.  Everything looks blurrier and choppier than when you get the files directly from the SD card.  Think of your phone screen as a reference rather than a direct reflection of what your video files will look like.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi CjMiller, could you please upload an original video from the drone to Dropbox and paste the link here? We would like to check first.
2018-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules