704 8 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

After updating Go4, Mavic Air & Controller to the latest firmware/software versions test flights show issues with altitude hold.
Executing a full rate climb and centering the stick results in the Mavic Air settling down 1 to 2 meters.  A full rate decent and centering the stick results in the Mavic Air climbing 1 to 2 meters.  Using smaller stick inputs results in similar climbs and decents but to a lesser degree.  Testing was done at -6°C.
Flying a 2nd MA with the previous firmware at the same temp did not exibit this issue.
2018-3-29
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

You would need to send the flight logs to someone to verify if this is a command response lag or a temperature response lag or a failure in the aircraft to perform a standard function under those conditions.
2018-3-29
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-3-29 11:01
You would need to send the flight logs to someone to verify if this is a command response lag or a temperature response lag or a failure in the aircraft to perform a standard function under those conditions.

Notice I tested two MAs under the same conditions, one with new and the other with old firmware.
2018-3-29
Use props
fansaf90809b
lvl.2

No issues here.
2018-3-29
Use props
fansaf90809b
lvl.2

I also ran at -10
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please make sure you have updated the firmware success, I still recommend you to try the update again. At the same time, please change an environment where the temperature is above 0°C to try it again. Thanks!
2018-3-29
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-29 18:14
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Please make sure you have updated the firmware success, I still recommend you to try the update again. At the same time, please change an environment where the temperature is above 0°C to try it again. Thanks!

Cannot fly in a warmer environment, in fact its getting colder.  May have to wait a few weeks for better weather.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-3-29 18:18
Cannot fly in a warmer environment, in fact its getting colder.  May have to wait a few weeks for better weather.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, then please try it when there is a good weather, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-3-29
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

-6 is outside the recommended operating temperature for the Aircraft. I understand that the "other" Mavic air worked fine in lower temperatures but unless you can show that your craft actually behaves in this manner when operating within the operating temperature guidelines you might have a problem.
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules