DJI Missleading information
1534 20 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOMELI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887031 ft
Mexico

I got this email from DJI today. This charging hub does not charge 4 batteries at a time, it does not even charge 2 batteries at a time. It charges one by one, while there are all connected.

This email should be pulled out and inform all the recipients that there was a mistake. .
98BD0F12-1B91-42FB-9363-5E571ABB5542.png
2018-3-29
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Yeah, I learned that after I got it too. The only silver lining is that it does charge the battery with the most juice left first. So, if you have 4 batteries where three are 50% and one is 60%, it  will charge the 60% one first to get you flying again faster.
2018-3-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

You only became aware of how it works now? ;-) It does not say "simultaneously", but I admit that the message can be misunderstood. What it means is that you can put four batteries "at once" and leave the charging process going until all are fully charged.
2018-3-29
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Not really, put all the batteries on at one time, come back later and they are ALL charged or do it the old way and go back and forth four times and if you forget there's less batteries to fly with the next day.
2018-3-29
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
Mexico

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-3-29 12:18
You only became aware of how it works now? ;-) It does not say "simultaneously", but I admit that the message can be misunderstood. What it means is that you can put four batteries "at once" and leave the charging process going until all are fully charged.

No, I’ve had it since I purchased my combo, and the manual states clearly one by one. Stating charge up to four batteries at once it means at once not one by one.

Misleading, exactly my point.
2018-3-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Sometimes things get a bit "lost" in the translation. As anything from Mainland China, you have to read, read between the lines, and read again. And "read" what isn't there!!!
No biggie, I just plug them in, and in a few hours all ready to go.

There are a couple of power banks that do "simultaneously" charge up to 4 batteries at once, a bit pricey, but that may be what your looking for/need....
2018-3-29
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LOMELI Posted at 2018-3-29 12:21
No, I’ve had it since I purchased my combo, and the manual states clearly one by one. Stating charge up to four batteries at once it means at once not one by one.

Misleading, exactly my point.

Totally agree the description can be misleading for us ordinary people. But then again, you can buy a third party charger that charges 4 Air batteries simultaneously for 30 bucks. Never really understood the logic behind this sequential charging concept from DJI, apart from the possible cost savings in manufacturing a lower amperage power brick???
2018-3-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

The wording is misleading.  "at once" would imply all four or all three or both batteries are charging at same time.
2018-3-29
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-29 12:44
The wording is misleading.  "at once" would imply all four or all three or both batteries are charging at same time.

Yes, and that particular sentence starts with the word 'charge', not 'accommodate', or 'accept'...
2018-3-29
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

When I first read it, I also understood it the wrong way
2018-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

All your guests arrive at Once but you can only let them in one by one.. lol, a little misleading but if I got caught with it, I’m happy for others to feel the same pain as me...
2018-3-29
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
Mexico

I don’t need one, nor did I get this. It came with my original purchase. I totally understand how it works.

The whole point of this thread is to make DJI aware that this information is misleading, and judging by the looks of this, other people think the same way I do.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, so sorry for the misunderstood. The Mavic Air Battery Charging Hub is designed for use with the Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery. It can charge up to four Intelligent Flight Batteries in sequence according to their power levels, and from high to low. You can put four batteries at once and leave the charging process going until all are fully charged. Thank you for your support!

2018-3-29
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Not everybody thought that way. I knew how it worked before I got it. But then, I read the manual before I bought my MP.  
2018-3-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-29 19:04
Hi there, so sorry for the misunderstood. The Mavic Air Battery Charging Hub is designed for use with the Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery. It can charge up to four Intelligent Flight Batteries in sequence according to their power levels, and from high to low. You can put four batteries at once and leave the charging process going until all are fully charged. Thank you for your support!

[view_image]

As LOMELI posted, the Email that he got is misleading.

Email needs to be followed up with one that makes it clear Mavic Air charging hub, only charges one battery at a time, whether there is two, three, or four batteries inserted in it.
2018-3-29
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I know the price of power supplies that can charge four flight batteries at high rates all at once.  So it is obvious that four are charged slowly or one at a time.  I have an ex-Dell server power supply that will provide the current I need to charge two 4100mah batteries at 4 C but it would have been $200 if I had to pay for it.  Plus, my charger that charges the 4100mah battery, that runs on the power supply, was $200

Maybe it is only one battery at that rate as 32amps at 12v seems excessive.

That hub is a good deal if only for its ease of use when more than one battery needs charging.
2018-3-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Pretty strange how DJI could botch their marketing here on the Mavic Air charging port, but I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they know more than us not to make such an error. In which case, the logical explanation one would draw is expect an upcoming firmware to all Mavic Air owners who purchased the Fly More Combo, as they're going to be getting an update to the battery charger that will allow all batteries to be charged simultaneously (just like the DJI Spark).
2018-3-29
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
United Kingdom

Think about it all at once for the same speed would need the powerpack to be much much bigger. As it is works fine for me.
2018-3-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>

Datadogie Posted at 2018-3-29 22:05
Think about it all at once for the same speed would need the powerpack to be much much bigger. As it is works fine for me.

No one is saying that it does not work. The OP was simply stating  that the information put out by DJI was misleading which it was

Dennis
2018-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Taken from the store:

The Mavic Air Battery Charging Hub is designed for use with the Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery. When used with the Mavic Air Power Adapter, it can charge up to four Intelligent Flight Batteries in sequence according to their power levels, and from high to low.
2018-3-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-29 19:04
Hi there, so sorry for the misunderstood. The Mavic Air Battery Charging Hub is designed for use with the Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery. It can charge up to four Intelligent Flight Batteries in sequence according to their power levels, and from high to low. You can put four batteries at once and leave the charging process going until all are fully charged. Thank you for your support!

[view_image]

That's clear enough I think!
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules