1520 14 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Miaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104121 ft
Denmark

Hello DJI fans

I know the Tello is not a Dji product, only some of the parts are...

But do you own one? and what do you think of it?¨
My dad wants a drone to fly around with bluetooth,.. so i was thinking,. is the Tello good enough? ¨

ps. he has never flown a drone before, and his big brother is a RC geek..  
(food for thoughts)

please help friends.

2018-3-29
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

because of the vps, I think the Tello is the most stable of the micro drones
2018-3-29
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

I'm looking at buying one also, it just looks like a lot of fun and if you break it, oh well your are only out 100 dollars
2018-3-29
Use props
claw1994
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330659 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own a Tello, Its a stable micro drone. slightly smaller than the spark. flight time in reality is around 10 mins. flies currently through just a cellphone or tablet. the bluetooth controllers that you can use aren't currently compatible due to a firmware update. The controller they recommend or have on the DJI website is currently the only one that is compatible at the moment. The Tello is super stable. 5 megapixel camera with a wide viewing angle.
2018-3-30
Use props
claw1994
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2018-3-30
Use props
claw1994
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2018-3-30
Use props
claw1994
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The Tello is a collaboration I would say with Ryze Technologies anther shenzhen based company. The sensors, imu, and app is similar to using a spark onscreen controls. Powered by intel technology meaning that it can be programmed using MIT Scratch whether have it program to do flips or do a routine similar to what intel does with their drone flight light shows. MIT's Scratch is just a simple beginners programming language. Its drag and drop programming or you can use simple java code lines to make the drone do specific maneuvers.
2018-3-30
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

claw1994 Posted at 2018-3-30 10:01
The Tello is a collaboration I would say with Ryze Technologies anther shenzhen based company. The sensors, imu, and app is similar to using a spark onscreen controls. Powered by intel technology meaning that it can be programmed using MIT Scratch whether have it program to do flips or do a routine similar to what intel does with their drone flight light shows. MIT's Scratch is just a simple beginners programming language. Its drag and drop programming or you can use simple java code lines to make the drone do specific maneuvers.

awesome. i was thinking of give my dad his first drone. maybe this is the one?
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

For more info about Tello, I would recommend users contact the support of Tello for better assistance: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-3-31
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-31 23:21
For more info about Tello, I would recommend users contact the support of Tello for better assistance: https://www.ryzerobotics.com/. Thanks for your understanding.

nice. thanks. i was thinking of doing that
2018-4-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Jetta-The-Hut Posted at 2018-3-29 18:22
I'm looking at buying one also, it just looks like a lot of fun and if you break it, oh well your are only out 100 dollars

Make a decent drone for those possible Kamikaze flights.
2018-4-1
Use props
claw1994
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The drone is really durable, I've crashed mine a few times. It already has prop guards and an extra set of props. From a durability stand point the Tello is a beginner and best to work with and to have fun since it uses similar technologies in the DJI aircraft. Super stable flight, throw and go feature is what I like the most hahah, and it does flips in 8 directions. Great for children (with adult supervision) and gifts. Before throwing down big bucks for more advanced DJI product.
2018-4-2
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

claw1994 Posted at 2018-4-2 08:45
The drone is really durable, I've crashed mine a few times. It already has prop guards and an extra set of props. From a durability stand point the Tello is a beginner and best to work with and to have fun since it uses similar technologies in the DJI aircraft. Super stable flight, throw and go feature is what I like the most hahah, and it does flips in 8 directions. Great for children (with adult supervision) and gifts. Before throwing down big bucks for more advanced DJI product.

Nice. i think i buy it next month. one for me and one for my dad. because he helped me move to my new adress.
2018-4-4
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Yeah, fun little beast.  Very impressed, but really needs good light for the VPS to work.  My house is too dim and it's not nearly as stable as when I fly outside.  Also, it is very susceptible to interference.  Really great for the price and a heck of a lot of fun.  I actually truly fly LOL VLOS..... ;-)

Cheers..

Todd in Chicago
2018-4-6
Use props
Miaz
lvl.3
Denmark

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-4-6 16:38
Yeah, fun little beast.  Very impressed, but really needs good light for the VPS to work.  My house is too dim and it's not nearly as stable as when I fly outside.  Also, it is very susceptible to interference.  Really great for the price and a heck of a lot of fun.  I actually truly fly LOL VLOS..... ;-)

Cheers..

haha awesome.. i got a parrot minidrone travis witj the same vps.. and it flies good as well bud does not have camera in the front etc.. so i want buy  the tello soon..
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules