Will never buy from DJI again!!!!
1094 7 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eyeless916
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92579 ft
United States

I bought my Spark in NOvember of last year.  Right when i got my mavic air which was on 2.18.18 i was doing the updates for my new mavic air and then i had an update for my spark - which i think was the olympics no fly one.   Anyways, the DJIGO app crashed mid update (Yes now i know always try and use DJI Assitant on my pc not my mac) and basically bricked my Spark. It just turns on and then the rear lights blink yellow constantly. DJI Assitant doesnt even recognize it when i plug it in my computer just thinks its a thumb drive.

I of course go online and talk to support who tell me its a remote synching issue, so they send me all the videos, doesn't fix it.  Contact support again, have me go through everything again, nope same thing so then they ask me to send a video. I send the video three times before someone actually looks at it - the first two times i got a generic response on 3.6.18 and they again pointed me back to the videos... I went back online and got someone that day. He actually looked at the video and said it could be one of two things and said he wanted me to install a driver on my pc first and if that doesnt fix it then i need to send it in.  Everytime i contact someone they have me uninstall and reinstall the DJIGO App (on my iphone) and the DJI Asstant on both my laptop (Mac) and desktop (PC) so at this point they both been reinstalled almost a dozen times.  

So when i get home i install the driver from the email he sent on 3.6.18, driver fix doesn't work. So the email says if it doesnt i need to send it in.  

I send it in and on 3.21.18 - i get an email saying "NON WARRANTY: Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by  a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered  by DJI aftersales policy. Damage not caused by  product Dear Customer malfunction. We'll either repair  it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both  performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more  information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy) - DJI North America"

OKay wait what damage? I had scuff on my arms where i brushed up agaisnt a stucco wall on christmas day with it in my hand - mind you this was flying just find till the update.  a picture of my scratch is hereand a the video of lights here

So i get back online saying um there was no damage and explain again what happened. So then they ask me for my flight log. I go into the app and realize all my flight data for spark and mavic pro are gone i only have flight data from 2.18.18 going forward. They show me how to resycnh from their servers the flight log - still only stuff from 2.18.18 and beyond show up .

The person says they will escalate and get back to me and they "understand."

next day 3.22.18 i get this in an email:
NON-WARRANTY PER DATA ANALYSIS. Inconclusive FL000 N/A 1.) Not enough  data to determine cause of damage. No flight records. 2.) Obvious damage  that impairs normal function to unit. Conclusion:Cause of issue is  damage due to force impact. Activation  date: SN: [Non Warranty Repair] Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage  that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty  period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. We will either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent  to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Now its due to force impact! if they cant get my flight logs then um how do they knwo this from this little scuff mark? again go back on line tell them i am not goign to pay this that this is a warranty covered issue and that it had nothing to do with impact that the DJIGO app crashed mid update.  "I understand" and we will escalate it and you hear back from us in 2-3 days. Today is the 3.29.18 a week from the last contact so i go back online and ask the status.

At this point i demaded to speak to a supervisors - "i understand i will escalate this." So then i ask what happend the last couple times when they said it was going to be escalated? "i understand your frustration"

I AM JUST DONE WITH THIS COMPANY! They have the worst customer service ever.  Now i am dreading have to deal with them on my mavic air or pro and i even but the DJI care for them! Seriously this has been the worst customer service experience ever.  I just want my spark unbricked, it was working perfectly until this update crash.  

scuff

scuff
2018-3-29
Use props
Jetta-The-Hut
lvl.3

sorry to hear than man.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our product and customer support, I failed to get the case number via your Forum account, could you please post the case number here so that we can check more details for further support? Thank you very much.
2018-3-29
Use props
soarestiago
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 18:57
You have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our product and customer support, I failed to get the case number via your Forum account, could you please post the case number here so that we can check more details for further support? Thank you very much.

help, please! https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=141799
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

soarestiago Posted at 2018-3-29 19:23
help, please! https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=141799

We have replied your another post, please keep us updated there, thank you.
2018-3-29
Use props
Eyeless916
lvl.2
United States

Well an update.  

I suppose a supervisor called on Friday, left a voicemail for me to reply to the email they were sending.  The email said:

"Hi Guy, per my voicemail, we wanted to reach out and address any questions or concerns you may have regarding the invoice. Can you please reply back to this e-mail and we would be happy to assist. Thanks for your understanding."  So no real directions in the voice mail or the email so i replied again with how i got the scuffs on my drone.  no one has replied.  The case number they gave me this time:

CAS-1619860-M9C6Y3 CRM:0670000002738

Seriously, I've had better customer service with the IRS!
2018-4-3
Use props
Eyeless916
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 18:57

These are the three that i have been given

CAS-1528010-W1R4V9 CRM:0001001912921 (oldest)
CAS-1619824-B0W1D6.
CAS-1619860-M9C6Y3 CRM:0670000002738 (Newest)
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Eyeless916 Posted at 2018-4-3 09:54
These are the three that i have been given

CAS-1528010-W1R4V9 CRM:0001001912921 (oldest)

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I checked the case, the new invoice has been sent, right?
Please let me know if there is any further I can do, I would love to help.
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules