OSMO 2 and iPhone X don't work well together
2118 6 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
macmediallc
New
United States

If the phone is in a horizontal position, as most video is, in order for the clamp on the side of the phone to not be turning off the phone, there is only one way to insert the iPhone X into OSMO 2. However, if you insert the phone this way the bottom of the phone with the solo Lightning input is now covered by the other clamps. So you cannot use an external Mic or charge the phone while shooting. Anyone else had this problem or found a solution? Any Bluetooth Mic recommendations?
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please note the balance is very important for Osmo Mobile 2, no matter what accessories you would like to attach, please ensure the gimbal is balanced. As far as I know, there would be no room to insert other mic or cable when iPhone X is balanced, sorry that we do not have Bluetooth mic can be recommended.
If you would like to charge the mobile phone, please try in vertical mode.
2018-3-30
Use props
macmediallc
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-30 00:55
Please note the balance is very important for Osmo Mobile 2, no matter what accessories you would like to attach, please ensure the gimbal is balanced. As far as I know, there would be no room to insert other mic or cable when iPhone X is balanced, sorry that we do not have Bluetooth mic can be recommended.

Mindy, thanks for your reply. As you know most video is shot in horizontal. I know DJI has introduced vertical shooting on the OSMO 2 but as most of the blogs are reporting this was very low on the wish list of most users. There are a few Bluetooth mics out there like Hey Mic. Can you tell me if a Bluetooth mic will work as an audio input in DJI Go App on iPhone X.
2018-3-30
Use props
macmediallc
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-30 00:55

Does the DJI Go App allow for a Bluetooth Audio source?
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

macmediallc Posted at 2018-3-30 09:11

I doubt so since mobile device connects to Osmo Mobile 2 via Bluetooth, once it is connected to Osmo Mobile 2, I don't think the mobile phone can connect to Bluetooth mic.
2018-4-2
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

Not trying to sound sarcastic, but I fail to see a problem?

yk3kUJYNQS6HcxV84PFJFA.jpg

Sorry for the messy backgound, I'm currently filming.

2018-4-2
Use props
nissart
New

macmediallc Posted at 2018-3-30 09:11

No it doesn't. Neither wired audio source, which makes the app useless. You'll have a fantastic video, good stabilization, but if you're in a noisy place (outside !), your audio will be crap...
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules