OK DJI - I'll Try It Your Way
864 1 2018-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodador
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427520 ft
United States

Okay DJI, I will give the new App and WiFi to RC connection a shot.
I have been flying with v4.1.15 of the app and an OTG cable but I am willing to give the latest App a try.

Have you recently switched either way? Why?

Reasons why I was using an old app version and OTG:

• Reports of flyaways (I now think most are user error, not the app's fault.)
  • Allowing the Spark to switch between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz as needed seems to make sense to me.
  • Wired connections are typically faster, better, more stable and less succeptible to outside interference.
  • People on the forum who I came to trust by reading their many posts and seeing their sometimes extensive experience said it was better.
  • I know that new bugs can be introduced and sometimes make things worse, newer isn't always better.

Reasons why I am switching:

• Can't say it doesn't work if I never try it.
  • I've been flying long enough now to have experienced signal issues even with the OTG cable.
  • If I can reproduce the same issues I've had with an OTG without it maybe I can help DJI get it fixed.
  • I am a software developer and I am now managing a mobile software development project that has 3 components, mobile app, server and hardware/firmware and I know that it is frustrating trying to support people's app and hardware when they won't upgrade to the latest version.
  • If it doesn't work then I go back. ;)
  • I think it's important to trust the people who create the product until they prove they can't be trusted.
  • Even most flights I've done out to 1,200 feet used 5.8GHz and that's about as far as I can fly and still see my Spark with good light.
  • I guess if something does happen then at least I'm more likely to get it covered under warranty. ;)

I'll post updates here after I've had the opportunity to fly a bunch.

Happy Landings!

2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Rodador, thanks for sharing your thoughts here. If you encounter any issue with the latest firmware and APP, feel free to contact us and report. Looking forward your update.
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules