624 4 2018-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quick question, the motors seem to have a rattling sound to them when you're turning the props, had not heard them before. Questions as follows:

1. Is this normal?

2. Is there something I should be doing in terms of maintenance? What is the preferred if this is needed

3. I know the red color blades were not sitting correctly, any news if these were being replaced by DJI?

Thanks much

Sanjaya

2018-3-30
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

Mine does it from day 1 of having the inspire 2 nightmare. DJI don't care and haven't fixed it. They simply refuse to admit that there are serious problems with the Inspire 2 drones.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Snath, I would recommend you shoot a video about the situation for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-30
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

The rattling is the the prop not sitting tightly on the hub. It sounds like it’s the motor, but it’s not. (Take the prop off and spin the motor, or simply apply upward/downward pressure on the prop as you turn it to prove that it’s not the motor.) There has been much discussion about this aspect of dji’s Props for the i2. Most experienced users will tell you —just don’t worry about it. Others have come up with tape and glue methods that fix the rattle.but there are no reports of failure due to this looseness. Mad angler has a video out there showing how hard it is to cause a dji prop to fail.. and it would appear that some of its toughness leads to it’s flexing/stretching enough over the hub to allow for the looseness. FWIW, if it bothers you, just buy new props. They aren’t exactly expensive. (Although in my experience, they develop the rattle sooner than the original design.)
2018-3-31
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft

Here’s your solution. Never have to worry about loose props ever again.
181E3FE2-5B2E-4145-A1CD-E50A7CE612AC.jpeg
682F9AB9-9DB3-43ED-8434-48ABDD4C3B54.jpeg
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules