Your Video: Too Sharp? or Blurry?
1535 7 2018-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bartiflier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm a potential Mavic Air owner, very interested for when the P4P is too large to lug around and I need some help from existing owners.

I've got a problem with my P4Pro Obsidian sharpness settings when  recording 1080p video. They're all the same and I'm hoping the Mavic Air  doesn't have a similar problem.

The jury is out on whether this is a recent problem unique to recently  built Obsidians like mine (Nov 2017), or other aircraft also have it. It  could just be an App or Firmware bug.

Either way, to verify if the Mavic Air doesn't have a similar problem,  could you do a similar test to the one in the video below? It would be  both for your own peace of mind that yours works as expected, and mine; because if there is a similar problem, DJI need to be made aware of it and get it resolved ASAP. If there is an issue, I'm hoping a Firmware or App update would fix it rather than it being a hardware limitation.

To be clear (as I should have written on the video): the camera was  correctly focused for all clips with the P4P looking out of an open  bedroom window, so no other glass was in the way. The resulting 1080p  clips were upscaled 400% with anti-aliasing in the video editor turned  off (so the editor was not further manipulating the original clips) and  single frames saved as uncompressed .PNGs. to see the differences more  clearly. Alternatively: watching the original clips on a 45 inch TV shows  the problem very clearly.

Oversharpening has nothing to do with focus, it's the bright lines  around the edges of dark objects, like the TV antenna and the roof edge, and is at least visible as an artificially bright line along the horizon in many videos.

Watching it at 2x playback speed will only waste a minute of your life.

Actually, you'd only need to do two simple tests: 1080p +3 and -3 sharpness of the same view.

If they're different, then: Great, it passed and DJI got it right on the Mavic Air.

If they're both the same: with oversharp Horrible Halos, then: Oops, DJI! We've got another one...

2018-3-30
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Shewy ... those are terrible. They should have a word with Nikon, their processing engine needs some work. The sad thing is Go-Pro know how to make pictures but cannot make drones. DJI can make drones but dont do great pictures.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. The situation is forwarded. Thanks for your attention.
2018-3-31
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Thank you very much for the feedback. We will check the situation and make improvements in future updates.
2018-4-2
Use props
Bartiflier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-31 01:56
Hi, there. The situation is forwarded. Thanks for your attention.

You're talking about the P4Pro Problem? Well, that being fixed would be nice...

But, what's it also like on the Mavic Air? Anyone tested that? It only takes 2 framegrabs from 1080p video: one at +3 and one at -3 sharpness to see if the MA actually changes, or is also stuck.

2018-4-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Interested to see if the Air is also effected.  I do not have the Air or I would test.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bartiflier Posted at 2018-4-2 10:34
You're talking about the P4Pro Problem? Well, that being fixed would be nice...

But, what's it also like on the Mavic Air? Anyone tested that? It only takes 2 framegrabs from 1080p video: one at +3 and one at -3 sharpness to see if the MA actually changes, or is also stuck.

Thanks for your feedback. We will follow the situation and continue to make improvements in the future. Please feel free to give us feedback.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI_camera
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Thank you very much for the feedback. We will check the situation and make improvements in future updates.
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules