2803 27 2018-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441040 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone.
I crashed my drone today or rather it crashed itself...
After flying awhile I flew back to exchange the battery. After that I set off to 6m high and had to wait for GPS signal. Then, when GPS signal appeard I ascended another 10 meters and when I was just about flying to place I wanted to film drone started to fly sideway in different direction... I was powerless. It didn't react to remote control at all, just continued to fly it's own chosen direction and it did so quickly that I lost it from my sight after 4-5 seconds...
I found it after 30 minutes crashed on the edge of pavement without two propelers and with battery lying aside. I do not dare to power it back. I got already case number and it gonna be repared ( I hope).
My question is:
Is it possible to check fly data without powering drone ?
DJI GO showes just suden side flight and sudden stop but no reason obviously... so it is possible to find out more or I have to wait for respond of service ?
I attach some pictures just for those who curious of effects my adveture.

drone 4.jpg
drone 2.jpg
drone 1.jpg
2018-3-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at Phantom help

If you upload your record there (there are instructions on the page how to do this)

And then post a link to the results here, some of the pilots here may be able to give a good idea of what the cause was.
2018-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is bad.
Yes, you can retrieve your flight log from the DJI Go4 app.
2018-3-30
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ok.
this is last flying record from DJI GO :

last record
2018-3-30
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

adam s Posted at 2018-3-30 13:15
ok.

You need to follow Aardvark suggestion and upload your DJIFlightRecord_2018-03-30_[16-46-27].txt and then post that link information here.

The information from your link was .txt and not a CSV file

You can also use Airdata UAV for uploading your .txt file
2018-3-30
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Sorry about the crash. Does look bad.
2018-3-30
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

post the log and we can see what is happened to the drone..
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Adam, I would recommend you provide the flight records to our support for data analysis. If you have any doubt in your case, you can post the number here. And we will try our best to help you. Hope it can be solved soon. I believe that our support will help you locate the problem. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-30
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

adam s Posted at 2018-3-30 13:15
ok.

This is your flight log file
Something really strange with this.
2018-3-30
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-30 18:14
Adam, I would recommend you provide the flight records to our support for data analysis. If you have any doubt in your case, you can post the number here. And we will try our best to help you. Hope it can be solved soon. I believe that our support will help you locate the problem. Thanks for your support.

Hi Dji Elektra
Why is this tread hided in the Mavic Forum? Is there anything wrong here?
Thanks
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

G_Sig Posted at 2018-3-30 19:39
Hi Dji Elektra
Why is this tread hided in the Mavic Forum? Is there anything wrong here?
Thanks

The thread is in the service section, so we can track it easily. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-31
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-30 18:14

thanks.
Case number is : CAS-1609837-J0K0X8
log  : https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 6kJTieH2uKYy6W7jZOg
thanks for any help
2018-3-31
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

maurom82 Posted at 2018-3-30 15:16
post the log and we can see what is happened to the drone..

I already did it I think.
Just to make sure : https://drive.google.com/open?id ... 6kJTieH2uKYy6W7jZOg
thanks
2018-3-31
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 2018-3-30 18:46
This is your flight log file
Something really strange with this.

wow !
thanks. That is where it had happened. The drone was lying on the pavement on the end of red line. ( DJI GO showed last location about 10 meters before actual place) . Fortunately there was just a few children in the sand pit and no one was hurt. I tried to find propellers with a radius of 3 meters with no success. ( two propellers was missing - I think due to impact ? ). All in all -  I'm happy no one was hurt and I got drone back ( I really was thinking it had ended up in this pond on its way..)  
Unfortunately this log explain nothing about cause. From my point of view it looked like the drone decided to make suicide... I had no power to stop it...
2018-3-31
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

adam s Posted at 2018-3-31 01:34
wow !
thanks. That is where it had happened. The drone was lying on the pavement on the end of red line. ( DJI GO showed last location about 10 meters before actual place) . Fortunately there was just a few children in the sand pit and no one was hurt. I tried to find propellers with a radius of 3 meters with no success. ( two propellers was missing - I think due to impact ? ). All in all -  I'm happy no one was hurt and I got drone back ( I really was thinking it had ended up in this pond on its way..)  
Unfortunately this log explain nothing about cause. From my point of view it looked like the drone decided to make suicide... I had no power to stop it...

This error NoGpsError(9) is something I have not seen before. You should post a new tread with that error in the name to get more responds to what went wrong. Your Mavic was in ATTI mode because of compass error.  As this tread has been moved as you can see in post #11 which prevent public from seeing this you wont get any respond from members who have not posted in this tread, that is why I advice you to post new tread.
2018-3-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

adam s Posted at 2018-3-31 00:59
thanks.
Case number is : CAS-1609837-J0K0X8
log  : https://drive.google.com/open?id=12L6ECsNn5iHg96kJTieH2uKYy6W7jZOg

Thanks for the case number, please send in the drone at your most convenience when you get the shipping label and we will arrange data analysis when the drone arrives in facility as long as it is still in warranty period.
2018-3-31
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-31 18:55
Thanks for the case number, please send in the drone at your most convenience when you get the shipping label and we will arrange data analysis when the drone arrives in facility as long as it is still in warranty period.

hi
thanks. drone is already sent to the Netherlands.
adams

2018-3-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

adam s Posted at 2018-3-31 22:52
hi
thanks. drone is already sent to the Netherlands.
adams

Please keep us updated, I think our support will take a good care of it. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-31
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-31 23:03
Please keep us updated, I think our support will take a good care of it. Thanks for your support.

hi
just got info that drone is received at DJI Netherlands .
I gives me a hope I'll get it back this month..
adams
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adam s Posted at 2018-4-2 01:48
hi
just got info that drone is received at DJI Netherlands .
I gives me a hope I'll get it back this month..

I believe you will, the repair timeframe has been much improved, our repair center will help to get it sorted out as soon as possible, please keep us updated without hesitation if you need any assistance.
2018-4-2
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 03:27
I believe you will, the repair timeframe has been much improved, our repair center will help to get it sorted out as soon as possible, please keep us updated without hesitation if you need any assistance.

Hi
thanks. Actually I need some help...
I just got an email with UPS label... It is a bit late because I already sent parcel and according to case details progress inquiry Drone is already in service... Not sure what to do now.. how to let them know  that label is not needed. I don't wont mislead UPS and have someone knocking my door in vain.
regards
adams
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adam s Posted at 2018-4-2 04:47
Hi
thanks. Actually I need some help...
I just got an email with UPS label... It is a bit late because I already sent parcel and according to case details progress inquiry Drone is already in service... Not sure what to do now.. how to let them know  that label is not needed. I don't wont mislead UPS and have someone knocking my door in vain.

Adams, just to clarify, you paid the shipping cost on your own right? Did you attach the case number in the parcel? If not, may I have the shipping label?
2018-4-2
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 19:08
Adams, just to clarify, you paid the shipping cost on your own right? Did you attach the case number in the parcel? If not, may I have the shipping label?

yes. I paid on my own and I attached case number inside the parcel. (printing of case number with description)
I did it because on the email with case number I got from DJI was  : shipping method: Ship by myself.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adam s Posted at 2018-4-2 20:09
yes. I paid on my own and I attached case number inside the parcel. (printing of case number with description)
I did it because on the email with case number I got from DJI was  : shipping method: Ship by myself.

May I have the screenshot of the email about 'ship by yourself'? We will help to verify, besides, please post your own shipping label here, we will inform the repair team for attention, thank you.
2018-4-3
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-3 02:34
May I have the screenshot of the email about 'ship by yourself'? We will help to verify, besides, please post your own shipping label here, we will inform the repair team for attention, thank you.

At the bottom of PDF I attched.
I sent it by Post Office . Tracking number: RN232404449GB to the adress given in email ( it is also on the PDF and it is the same as on the UPS label)
adams

Case details.pdf

138.09 KB, Down times: 0

attach

2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

adam s Posted at 2018-4-3 03:14
At the bottom of PDF I attched.
I sent it by Post Office . Tracking number: RN232404449GB to the adress given in email ( it is also on the PDF and it is the same as on the UPS label)
adams

Received with thanks! We've remarked the right tracking number in the case log. The local team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-4-3
Use props
adam s
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-3 03:40
Received with thanks! We've remarked the right tracking number in the case log. The local team will take care once the package arrived.

Thanks for that.
Sorry for inconvenience due to my hotheaded acting.
I just was convinced I should send parcel by myself hence this fuss ..
regards
adams
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

adam s Posted at 2018-4-3 03:56
Thanks for that.
Sorry for inconvenience due to my hotheaded acting.
I just was convinced I should send parcel by myself hence this fuss ..

Adams, no worries, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules