AMAZON SHIPMENT DELAYED AGAIN!!!
3979 34 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

Just go what I thought was an exciting email from Amazon titled, your shipping date has been update. Well, I think I'm going to have to look for somewhere else to buy it and just find 3rd party insurance:
Your new estimated delivery date is:Monday, June 8, 2015 - Tuesday, June 30, 2015
2015-5-7
Use props
rdplatts15
lvl.2

United States

Hi,

I also ordered from Amazon (May 1st) but haven't gotten anything regarding a change. Mine actually just shows June 15th as estimate. Do you mind if I ask when you placed yours? I'm thinking of doing the same to get one sooner.
2015-5-7
Use props
Beaverdoc
lvl.2
United States

Adorama has some units in stock to ship now.  Professional model without extra battery.  They free expedited shipping to US.  Good luck getting your unit and happy flying.
2015-5-7
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Beaverdoc Posted at 2015-5-7 23:15
Adorama has some units in stock to ship now.  Professional model without extra battery.  They free e ...

Nope.  Not in stock.  I just checked.
2015-5-7
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

I ordered my Phantom 3 from Amazon the day it was announced.  Originally it said the unit would ship May 15.  Then a week later it said May 30th.  Now it says June 5th.  I don't think anyone knows when DJI will deliver the units.  I am sure DJI is working as fast as they can to fill the overwhelming demand for the product.  But we are also seeing an alarmingly high number of posts about poor quality control.  Fingerprints under the glass lenses.  Failing parts.  Buggy software.

I am not in such a hurry to get my Phantom 3.  I am happy to wait a little while for the firmware to stabilize.  I appreciate all of the early adopters out there "testing" the software for me.  I will wait until DJI has worked out the bugs before I fly my drone...
2015-5-7
Use props
dmurph24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

I have a fantastic update! A question was just posted for the Phantom 3 professional on amazon asking "Why did the shipping date change?". Amazon responded saying that this is speculation. If you had ordered the P3 before the release date changed then your P3 will be shipping May 14th, one day before the release date. I didnt believe this at first so I called up amazon and asked them to verify this for me. Turns out that this is actually a true statement. Your order will still say "Release date: June 30th". According to amazon, the reason they did this was because there was only limited stock and once that stock was pre-ordered, they had to move up the release date. Unfortunately there was no way to show the release date as May 15th on the people that ordered before it changed.

I'm sorry for those who cancelled their orders because of this, but if you still have orders through amazon, keep them!
2015-5-7
Use props
Beaverdoc
lvl.2
United States

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-8 00:34

I just called Adorama and they said they have 11 in stock and mine is shipping today.
2015-5-7
Use props
rdplatts15
lvl.2

United States

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-8 00:34

Did you call them? Online still shows In stock and ready to ship....
2015-5-7
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

rdplatts15@gmai Posted at 2015-5-8 01:37
Did you call them? Online still shows In stock and ready to ship....

I really want it now, but just really love the idea of Amazon's 30 day no questions asked return policy. I just don't know what to do
2015-5-7
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

rdplatts15@gmai Posted at 2015-5-7 22:15
Hi,

I also ordered from Amazon (May 1st) but haven't gotten anything regarding a change. Mine actua ...

I ordered mine May 1st as well
2015-5-7
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

dmurph24@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-8 00:47
I have a fantastic update! A question was just posted for the Phantom 3 professional on amazon askin ...

I'm bummed because I ordered my the day they were available in April with the extra battery on Amaxon. Then found out that was delayed a month so I canceled the order and just got the regular one on May 1st. So I'm probably at the back of the line now. Maybe people with Prime get special treatment
2015-5-7
Use props
rdplatts15
lvl.2

United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-8 02:53
I really want it now, but just really love the idea of Amazon's 30 day no questions asked return p ...

Me too! LOL, Ended up ordering from Adorama with next day shipping. Even called to verify and they said they had them in stock so fingers crossed that it does come in tomorrow.
2015-5-7
Use props
rdplatts15
lvl.2

United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-8 02:59
I'm bummed because I ordered my the day they were available in April with the extra battery on Ama ...

I have prime and I can tell you we don't. Called amazon to make sure but lady I spoke with said earliest was June 17th (for basic, no battery version of advance).
2015-5-7
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

rdplatts15@gmai Posted at 2015-5-8 03:16
Me too! LOL, Ended up ordering from Adorama with next day shipping. Even called to verify and they ...

What is your thought, it is nice that Amazon has 30 day return policy. However, DJI still has a warranty on these things, correct. Anywhere from 3-12 months. Am I missing anything? http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-period
2015-5-7
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Well...  I stand corrected.  Adorama does have the Phantom 3 Pro basic kit.  (No spare battery.)  I went ahead and placed the order.
UPDATE:  Today I have a tracking number.  I should recieve the drone by Mon or Tue.
2015-5-7
Use props
QuikSilver15
lvl.2

United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-8 04:28
What is your thought, it is nice that Amazon has 30 day return policy. However, DJI still has a wa ...

Personally I'm gonna baby it for a little bit. Reading the forums makes me weary of testing or pushing the limits so 0 day warranty won't really help. I've flown a p2+ and hope there isn't much difference. Just get comfortable with it I believe which may take a week or two. If your really scared maybe look for drone insurance. Read they offer but no idea who.
2015-5-7
Use props
QuikSilver15
lvl.2

United States

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-8 06:46
Well...  I stand corrected.  Adorama does have the Phantom 3 Pro basic kit.  (No spare battery.)  I  ...

Actually got a tracking number a few ours ago. still new in system though because nothing shows up on ups side.
2015-5-7
Use props
Beaverdoc
lvl.2
United States

I'm from California so ordering from Amazon i get charged sales tax.  Much better ordering from Adorama a very respected store unless u are from New York.  Then u have to pay sales tax which is the price of another battery.  Anyway got my tracking number and drone will be delivered 3 business day.  I'm excited because traveling with my inspire 1 was such a pain.
2015-5-7
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Adorama sent me a tracking number.  I should have the drone by Mon or Tue.
2015-5-8
Use props
1337brian
lvl.2

United States

Drone Nerds has 17 (16 now as I just ordered one) in stock as of 11am this morning. He said they would go fast though!
2015-5-8
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

went drone experts getting $50 off purchases.. after cancelling my amazon order..

Feel alittle weird getting drop shipped from China for the order.
2015-5-8
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I was really happy with my purchases from B&H. They are are an official reseller of DJI products and their shipping times have been accurate for me.
2015-5-8
Use props
QuadFever59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 727713 ft
United States

Robharris07 Posted at 2015-5-8 04:28
What is your thought, it is nice that Amazon has 30 day return policy. However, DJI still has a wa ...

Defective unit? Amazon: Look up order, click on return, print return label, send it back. 100% funds refunded. Start over. You could be back up and running in two days.
                            DJI: Send it in (you may pay for shipping). Wait two to four weeks for your craft to be returned.
2015-5-10
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Adorama is the way to go....
2015-5-10
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Tried to order mine directly from DJI. My credit card company kept "protecting" me! Finally gave up and ordered via Amazon. Couple days later got concerned about Amazon's delivery schedule. Too many ants in my pants - didn't want to wait until the end of June.

Found a dealer in Florida who promised me I could probably have one in my hands the following week if I placed an order. Placed order - fought with my credit card company again - called 'em and raised cain! They reinstated my charge.

Got my P3 the following day! Don't have any idea what changed with the dealer, but I called 'em and told 'em they rocked.

Probably shouldn't advertise here on the forum. If you want the name of my dealer, contact me offline at aburkefl at gmail dot com.
2015-5-10
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The availability on Amazon changes daily (sometimes hourly). There are still some Phantoms available right now on Amazon -- and they are being sold by authorized DJI dealers.

http://www.PhantomHelp.com/Available

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-10
Use props
estacionsj
lvl.1

United States

shows in stock at adorama   advanced with battery
http://www.adorama.com/DJIPH3AK.html
other ones show up as backorder
2015-5-10
Use props
tolanid
lvl.2

United States

This is interesting.  I ordered P3 on April 11th on Amazon with estimate delivery date of May 15th, which then became May 30th which was changed to May 19th and then back to June 19th now.  I don't know what's going on.  Its the professional version but got a good deal so I'll wait - no rush.  BTW - the warranty sold by Warrantech (available from Amazon) is not honored by them.  They are still selling it on Amazon under the drones order page but if you call them to verify they will cancel your warranty order.  Squaretrade also does NOT provide warranty on any kind of drones.  If anyone has any other idea for warranty on P3 please let me know.  Thanks
2015-5-21
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered the P3A on 4/23 through UAV Outlet through Amazon. Received an email last weekend stating it was shipped on 5/16 and should arrive between 5/18-5/20 As of today 5/21 no shipment. Also there was no tracking number issued, not sure what to think at this point. I sent an e-mail to UAV-Outlet, but no response yet.....
2015-5-21
Use props
worldcrafter
lvl.1
United States

I pre-ordered a P3P through Amazon on 4/9, and got it on 5/19.  At one point, the expected delivery date changed to "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate.", and didn't change after that, so I was surprised that I got mine close to the original target ship date of 05/15.
2015-5-21
Use props
mraim
lvl.1

United States

I placed my order with Amazon also ,and then I went to DJI web site and said in stock will ship 5 - 7 days . So I canceled Amazon and went with DJI. Well I'm getting the big run around. its been 13 day and the still didn't  ship. I was told after I ordered from DJI  that they are the worse.   This is my first unit I ever owned  and I'm waitting to get a email any day now. Has anybody had this problem with DJI ?
2015-5-25
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

mraim Posted at 2015-5-26 10:41
I placed my order with Amazon also ,and then I went to DJI web site and said in stock will ship 5 -  ...

Your not the only one getting it. I ordered mine direct from DJI and when you purchase the Phantom 3 it says 3 to 5 days for delivery, Then they do not have them in stock and I got a mail which states delivery is 5 to 7 business days. they then go on to say 'we just checked with the warehouse that we will arrange the shipment around this week.'

The advertisement I saw for the Phantom 3 Pro you were supposed to get a case with it, it now turns out that is also not happening, there seems to be no end to the bull that comes out from this company.

I am not holding my breath, this will be my first DJI product and I really am wondering if I have made the right decision. I have the feeling I am going to regret this down the  road.

If it is this much of a nightmare to purchase the item, just what is it going to be like 'if' I had a faulty one. I hate to think of the 6 to 12 months it would probably take to correct.
2015-5-26
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-5-26 17:53
Your not the only one getting it. I ordered mine direct from DJI and when you purchase the Phantom ...

I cancelled my order for the hard case because it sat "pending shipping" for two weeks with no hint it would ever ship.  I did get a refund within a reasonable time.

When I cancelled, I also mentioned that if the P3P I had on order was going to be the same issue, they could just cancel that order as well.  I was told my P3P would ship "this week".

We'll see how that goes.

=============

Thank you for emailing DJI online store.
We have cancelled the order 001119674628,

The second order Phantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery [1] and Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery cause the battery is out of stock, we can only send the Phantom 3 with one battery this week ,the other batteries will be shipped out early June ,can you accept this ?
If any update please let me know ,thanks a lot .
2015-5-26
Use props
mraim
lvl.1

United States

I'm going to hang in for a little longer and see what happens. I know they make a good unit,and they say he who wait all good thing shell come.
2015-5-26
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Amazon has canceled the june 30 pre orders.  It's not longer available thru Amazon.com  Apparently you can get it thru some third party vendors
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules