Can you use Gestures and RC?
486 5 2018-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CjMiller7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35413 ft
United States

I took my drone out for the first time today and played with a couple modes, one being gesture control. I figured out how to work gesture control eventually but noticed my RC was not connected after the gesture flight and had to completely re-setup the RC again. I thought I have seen somewhere it was a good idea to have your RC connected during gesture control in case of an emergency. Is it possible to use gesture control and RC at the same time? For instance, maybe take off and land from my palm but use the RC to actually fly.
2018-3-30
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft

Yes you can! I used it, and worked fine.
2018-3-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Yes.  You can switch into and out of gesture mode on the fly while keeping the remote connected.  I bet someone turned on their router and stepped on your channel if your RC lost the connection.  Try 5.8ghz for a less crowded spectrum.  ie.  Playstation 4's only have 2.4ghz wifi and blue tooth transmitters.  
2018-3-30
Use props
CjMiller7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35413 ft
United States

Sweet! At least I know I can use both now! Hopefully just a fluke this time. Definitely not a router, as I was in the middle of the desert. I may have just messed something up trying to learn how to activate gesture mode. Thanks fellas!
2018-3-31
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

You can use it at the same time! I mainly use the rc in case if the drone goes where I don’t want it to go.
2018-3-31
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Remember after flying Gesture that the RC flight controls will work but you have to go back to Normal to get the video recording to work.
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules