DJI GO b4 4 : Android 3.1.30 ?????
832 4 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I was not bothered about the old sat map data with HERE as Google where I am was not much better ......... BUT Mapbox is so old it's terrible !! It is barely recognisable to what is out there !!

DJI - please - you profess to want to make our Flying safe. So you devise Fly-Safe and NFZ's embedded into FW .... then you go and give us totally crap mapping ? Here was bad enough - but Mapbox really takes the cake !

Nigel
2018-3-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I just spent 10mins cacheing maps as I did with Google / Here ... fine ...

Connected to AC to make sure all settings were OK after updating GO and maps.

Maps went blank ! Nothing ...

If I have GO just on without AC - I get only the cache segment at my location - none of the cache outer areas.
If I go to the cartoon map - same...

The reason given for changing from Google to Here was - subscription ... so is this again another money issue ?

Litchi has none of this shenanigans.

Nigel
2018-3-31
Use props
SN0WY3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127740 ft
United Kingdom

Ive gone back to 3.1.28 here map but the mapbox map in 3.1.30 will not work for me.
2018-3-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I think I may just do the same ... Mapbox is useless ...

Nigel
2018-3-31
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

OK .... a post on another forum said they could not get RTH to work with this latest GO B4 ... so I gave it a test flight (conditions were strong wind - so kept it close, but far enough to test RTH)

Quickie flight because it was strong wind and chill factor was high !!

Lack of voice telling me Home Point recorded ... no text on screen saying recorded. But it worked OK.

I have a feeling that the Mapbox may rely on the phone / tablet having Device Location capability as I could not get the cached maps working indoors after cacheing repeatedly - but they worked outside.

Hope the video helps. I will be testing more once weather improves ...

Nigel
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules