Stuck Batteries solved.
2754 3 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

This morning I was reading a few posts from people who were having a really tough time taking their batteries out of their P4.  I decided to check mine and sure enough, I had a real fight with the thing trying to get it out.  So hard in fact, I almost ripped a fingernail off... blood all over.  I finally managed to get it out and decided to try my spare battery.  Same thing.

I was reading where one guy was using a ruler to pry it out.  Another guy was using a small flat head screwdriver.  I then came accross this guy on YouTube who had a P2 and was having the same problem.  His solution was to put a tiny amount of white litium grease on the "tracks" that run down the edges of the top of the battery.  When I'm saying "tiny" I'm talking a MINISCULE amount.

Well, I tried it.  The batteries came out without nearly as much effort compared to what there was before.  I still needed to use both hands but I certainly didn't need a ruler or screwdriver to remove it.

I will point out that both my batteries are DJI... not clones... one that came with the drone and the other that I ordered as a spare.  The drone hasn't flown yet so it isn't caused by damage from a crash.

And so I guess I'll keep using this solution unless someone might have better one that they'd like to share with me?

2018-3-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I've used a little vegetable oil.  It has to be placed at the right spot - wherever that spot may be.  

Otherwise, here's the proper way and the improper way to remove a battery:  

2018-3-31
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The video shows the correct and easy method to remove battery at the start and about 15 seconds in.
2018-3-31
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-31 11:43
The video shows the correct and easy method to remove battery at the start and about 15 seconds in.

Oh my!!!  After watching the video my reaction was, Yeah. Right. Good luck with that.  Then I tried it.

Thanks so much for this!!!  There's so much to learn before actually putting the drone up in the sky!!!
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules