Limited distance and altitude with DJI Goggles and Mavic Air
2757 7 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2137a6e6
lvl.2
United States

I have used the DJI Goggles with my Mavic Air within resonable proximity with great results. Yesterday I tried to go further and found I was limited to about 180ft in altitude and about 200ft in distance. Is that correct? it seems I should be able to go much further? Any help?
2018-3-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, I would recommend you connect the app with drone first and then connect it with goggles. I think the limited distance is related to DJI Account. You need to log in the account in the app and wait for a moment so that the drone can identify it. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-1
Use props
Bill-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70722 ft
United States

YOU MUST CONNECT WITH  THE PHONE ATTACHED FIRST,  THEN...HOT SWAP ....UNPLUG PHONE AND PLUG IN GOGGLES.
and you must do this with each battery swap  too            
2018-4-1
Use props
fans2137a6e6
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-1 02:46
Hi, I would recommend you connect the app with drone first and then connect it with goggles. I think the limited distance is related to DJI Account. You need to log in the account in the app and wait for a moment so that the drone can identify it. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for your reply. I will try that later today.
2018-4-1
Use props
fans2137a6e6
lvl.2
United States

Bill-Fly Posted at 2018-4-1 04:28
YOU MUST CONNECT WITH  THE PHONE ATTACHED FIRST,  THEN...HOT SWAP ....UNPLUG PHONE AND PLUG IN GOGGLES.
and you must do this with each battery swap  too

Thank you! That makes sense. I will give it a try a little later and get back to you. Thanks again for the quick response.
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans2137a6e6 Posted at 2018-4-1 07:27
Thank you! That makes sense. I will give it a try a little later and get back to you. Thanks again for the quick response.

Glad you solve it. Please inform us if you have other problem.
2018-4-1
Use props
Ditrii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20085 ft
Czechia

Hi. Is here any chance that in the future will be this limits removed? I was buy MA and Goggles and im very disapointed because of this strange swap. Our local dealer does not know about it and i just know about it after buying whole combo....this functionality is very very strange. Cable in ... cable out ....cable in. The MA has half functionality with the goggles instead of Mavic Pro. Is there any hardware limitation or this is only about marketing? Thanks for answer.
Now the Mavic Air with the googles is absolutley unusable for serious work

1) you must do the switch between phone and goggles
2) you see nothing on your phone after that. But using the phone is best solution for short distance filming
3) if you are flying with goggles you have distance limitations
4) you have only few functions instead the others drones...

Strange. Simliest solution was make the hdmi out from the rc...now im only changing the cables and everythong is comlicated like some pc game....
2018-4-29
Use props
fansf9adf73c
lvl.1
Italy

Thank You. I had the same problem and the solution worked for me. The Maveric Air would not exceed a Max Flight Distance of 50 meters even if 150 was programmed with the app. Connecting everything simultaneously and then disconnect the smart phone did set the Max Flight Distance to 150 meters
2018-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules