iPad goes dark when Video signal is lost.
1142 5 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

This has happened on my latest flight which was Monday prior to the latest Firmware. Flights have been pretty normal. However, when I lose the streaming video signal, not the RC signal, my iPad screen goes dark. I have to tap the screen to bring it back. Anyone else experience this?

iPad Mini 2
iOS 8.3

Happened on this flight.

2015-5-7
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

I have had lost signal and that gone to black but not the whole screen... this is the second time I read this.... hmmm.. weird...

Have you tried letting it be and see if it comes  back?

AWESOME video though!!!
2015-5-7
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

almost matches what happens with my Android.... but just video feed....
2015-5-7
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

Since the new update, I get the grey "disconnected" message on the top maybe twice today.
2015-5-7
Use props
dshanesmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 920577 ft
United States

GENETTICO Posted at 2015-5-8 06:29
I have had lost signal and that gone to black but not the whole screen... this is the second time I  ...

Thanks! I upgraded my firmware tonight and ran into a few other issues. Need to make some test flights before I get brave again!
2015-5-7
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just happened to me tonight with the video feed using IOS (Mini Pad 2). Got the grey "Disconnected" on the entire screen. I was doing some controlled tests in winds and testing how much of a vertical drop when going full forward with no ascend.
I was in a very controlled open environment and was out maybe 150 yards and lost the video feed, but still had control over the bird. It finally came back on after about 5 seconds. If this happens, I would suggest you let off the sticks if in GPS mode. ATTI, you better know your surroundings if you do not have a visual.
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules