DJI Go 4.2.8 and lost of image when in flight
1571 18 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eugeniobrito
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello!

Does someone else have noticed loss of image when the drone is in flight?

I've had this in my Mavic Air, and in Facebook, there are more people with the same issue, with Mavic Pro and even Phantom.

All in common: version 4.2.8 of DJI Go 4 app...

Here it is a screenshot from Facebook. Mine is the same...

Strange...
29871929_2466593990033035_4000807716848076655_o.jpg
2018-3-31
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Your air craft is disconnected from your RC, that's why you got no video transmission.
How far did you fly?
2018-3-31
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Did you just lose video feed or did you lose total control of the AC?  If you lost total control of the Aircraft, then the controller dropped out.  BUT if you just lost Video, either the app crashed or your USB between the controller and the Phone/Tablet more than likely has gone out.  I occasionally lose video feed.  But still have control of the Aircraft, I turn and fly it back to the takeoff point, land and then I slap a new cable in and keep on flying.  Losing video feed is a irritant.  Losing connectivity to the AC can be a disaster.  And using Android with 4.2.8 app.  
2018-3-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

What phone are you using, try to use the bottom usb port instead of the side.
2018-3-31
Use props
eugeniobrito
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello all! Thank you for your answers! Let's do it by parts:

- @lomo2007, the aircraft keeps connected to the RC. I flew about 300 meters, in 5.8GHz;

- @Brad Bilger, i didn't loose total control. I've lost image and telemetric data, but I kept using the aircraft only with remote. I only managed to restore the situation after rebooting my tablet.

- @Suren, i'm using a Google Nexus 7 v2013 tablet, with 32GB, one device recommended by DJI. I'me using the bottom port.

I think it is app related because only after i reboot the tablet i could do connection again. The usb cable is fine, as i keep using it after rebooting.

It's awkward...
2018-4-1
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

eugeniobrito Posted at 2018-4-1 00:32

- @lomo2007, the aircraft keeps connected to the RC. I flew about 300 meters, in 5.8GHz;

From your screen shot it means the craft is disconnected. If tablet is disconnected from RC due bad cable top right would say Disconnected in gray box instead of Aircraft Disconnected in red box.
And since you were still able to control craft with your RC it's probably the DJI Go app.
From reading on this forum some of the DJI Go app version for Android are not stable. With Android you are able to download older version for more stable version. I have IOS, so maybe someone with android can advice for a more better version and where to download it from.
Good Luck and Happy Flying
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

eugeniobrito Posted at 2018-4-1 00:32

Eugenio, thanks for bringing us the attention, just to verify, does it mean when the error "Aircraft Disconnected" pops up, you can still control the drone by the RC?
If so, please help to confirm if adjusting the antennas can regain the signal. And could you please provide me with your drone's firmware info? I will forward to the engineers to confirm this case.
2018-4-1
Use props
mickongen
First Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

I have same problems after update.
1) unplugged and plugged the cable (connection NOT established)
2) force-closed and restarted the Go4 App (connection NOT established)
3) restarted the phone  (connection NOT established)
4) repeat step 1 and 2  (connection NOT established)
5) force closed Go4 and started
6) flew back the Mavic and landed
7) shutdown and restart Mavic (succes! connection with phone re-established)

So i think there is a bug some were in the new update i use a samsung galaxy s6 all updatet..
2018-4-3
Use props
eugeniobrito
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-1 22:37
Eugenio, thanks for bringing us the attention, just to verify, does it mean when the error "Aircraft Disconnected" pops up, you can still control the drone by the RC?
If so, please help to confirm if adjusting the antennas can regain the signal. And could you please provide me with your drone's firmware info? I will forward to the engineers to confirm this case.

Hi DJI Thor,

Of course this don't happen always, but I had 2 situations, after I updted app.

I can still have control in the aircraft. I could land the aircraft, using the RTH button, and move it mannualy, before hit the RTH button.
I'm sad to say that adjusting antennas took no effect, and even with the aircraft very close to the RC (100 m and less, until it landed 2 meters away from RC) it took NO effect. The screen was the same.

Only after restarting the tablet (Google Nexus 7 v2013, recomended by DJI) was possible to lauch again the app.
Oh, i have all firmware updated with last version.
2018-4-3
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

mickongen Posted at 2018-4-3 05:53
I have same problems after update.
1) unplugged and plugged the cable (connection NOT established)
2) force-closed and restarted the Go4 App (connection NOT established)

same exact thing for me after 4.2.8 update!

luckily i was flying within 100ft just for a quick shot. That could be terrible if you were at the edge of VLOS, it would be hard to get it back and land which was the only solution for me.

no bueno
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

eugeniobrito Posted at 2018-4-3 06:35
Hi DJI Thor,

Of course this don't happen always, but I had 2 situations, after I updted app.

Thank you very much for the info. The latest firmware for the drone is v01.00.0300 and v01.00.0100 for the RC, you are sure that your drone is in this version, right? You can check it on the General Settings--About.
I had forwarded your case to the engineers to check. If it is convenient, please also export the flight data and system log on the drone via DJI Assistant 2, upload to Dropbox and provide me with the link in case needed. Appreciate your help in advance.
2018-4-4
Use props
eugeniobrito
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-4 03:06
Thank you very much for the info. The latest firmware for the drone is v01.00.0300 and v01.00.0100 for the RC, you are sure that your drone is in this version, right? You can check it on the General Settings--About.
I had forwarded your case to the engineers to check. If it is convenient, please also export the flight data and system log on the drone via DJI Assistant 2, upload to Dropbox and provide me with the link in case needed. Appreciate your help in advance.

Yes, i'm sure those are the firmware versions.

The Dji App checks for firmware and says they are the most recent. I've updated last week, after they were available.

I must do more flights to see if the situation happens again, but the weather... does not help... Lool!

Thank you!
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

eugeniobrito Posted at 2018-4-4 03:09
Yes, i'm sure those are the firmware versions.

The Dji App checks for firmware and says they are the most recent. I've updated last week, after they were available.

Appreciate the info. And yes, don't fly when the weather is not available.
2018-4-4
Use props
\
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194518 ft

I’m having the same issue with my MavicPro. It started on my last flight and I had the issue happen again today. I looked at the flight log and it showed a gap in the flight map. I still had RC control.

Sounds like my first test needs to be swapping out the usb cable then try reinstalling the app.

2 questions

1 anything special to consider when choosing a replacement cable?
2 if I reinstall the app? Do I lose any flight data that I might need later for a support issue?
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to bother again. Could you please provide me with the system log and the RC blackbox log for further investigation? Looking forward to your reply.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Happens to me as well: DJI Go 4.2.6. Only way to fix it is to restart the RC while connected to your phone..
2018-4-7
Use props
mickongen
First Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Today i happen again disconnected an only way to connect is to land drone and restart drone so the go app was connected again have Samsung galaxy s6  
2018-5-13
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Unfortunately it is still not solved.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-138893-1-1.html
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Eugenio, still waiting for your update. Please kindly provide me with the system log when you are at your convenience.
2018-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules