Polarized filter position
336 2 2018-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I was wondering how to tell if a polarized filter is in the correct position. When I first put it on months ago, the effect was very noticeable.  I removed it on an overcast day then put it back on.   

I was recently in the Florida Keys.  Looking at the water through my polarized Ray Bans was amazing.  The colors of the water always blows my mind when I make that trip.  I took my drone up with a Nd32pl polarized lens but I think i had it positioned wrong.  The colors on my pictures and video didnt have that same pop.  I'm thinking that maybe i had the filter on wrong.  Any tips would be appreciated.
2018-3-31
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Polarised filters are usually used for reducing reflections on water or glass. If you look through the filter and whilst turning slowly, you will see the polarising affect vary. Make a note of the position (top) that you like and fit with the noted filter top in the same position on the camera lens.
2018-3-31
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch on the drone and remote, then view the screen whilst moving the dial.
You see me do this just after 4:30 on this video where I'm explaining how polarized light works

cheers
Ian

2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules