Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Battery Cell Error
12Next >
5506 64 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

I Appreciate this has been covered in https://forum.dji.com/thread-119915-1-1.html But I've just got the error. Battery cells look balanced, well cared for and only 28 cycles. Has anyone resolved this? Probably out of warranty. Really not going to be impressed if this has failed after such little use. Thanks.
Photo 01-04-2018, 10 05 50.jpg
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings. Do you want to try the beta and see if it works? If you are willing to try, please reply me as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-1
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Yes. Please send me the Beta with instructions. Thanks
2018-4-1
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-1 01:58
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings. Do you want to try the beta and see if it works? If you are willing to try, please reply me as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

I am in the same situation with a bad battery after 18 cycles and would like to try the beta as well.
2018-4-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just curious, why such a short time to auto discharge?
2018-4-1
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft

Hello DJI Elektra,

Same problem for me with only 16 Charges. Seems to be a big problem with the balancing of the cells. Can you send me also the Beta with instructions please?

By the way, is the Beta a firmware update for the Batteries?

Thanks

2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we have released an announcement about the TB50 battery issue, the next firmware will get it fixed and will be released very soon, we would appreciate your patience for the official firmware: https://forum.dji.com/thread-141917-1-1.html GTScreenshot_20180402_121405.png
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-1 02:05
Hi Yes. Please send me the Beta with instructions. Thanks

If you have to use your drone now, you can still apply for the beta. Or please follow Mindy's advice.
2018-4-1
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-1 22:19
If you have to use your drone now, you can still apply for the beta. Or please follow Mindy's advice.

Yes. As I am a commercial operator. I would like to use my drone now. However I have been informed that the beta FW version cannot be rolled back if it doesn't work. Though this has currently only affected 2 of my 6 batteries I cannot risk taking the drone to site. My Inspire 2 is therefore grounded. All the evidence would suggest that this has happened due to a fault in the latest DJI Firmware. All my batteries are indicating that they are balanced yet I am unable to take off. Even if I could I would not risk flying with this fault. Please inform us all. When will the new firmware to address this issue be released?
2018-4-2
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-1 22:19

DJI Electra,
I would like to try the beta, thank you.
2018-4-2
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-2 01:28
Yes. As I am a commercial operator. I would like to use my drone now. However I have been informed that the beta FW version cannot be rolled back if it doesn't work. Though this has currently only affected 2 of my 6 batteries I cannot risk taking the drone to site. My Inspire 2 is therefore grounded. All the evidence would suggest that this has happened due to a fault in the latest DJI Firmware. All my batteries are indicating that they are balanced yet I am unable to take off. Even if I could I would not risk flying with this fault. Please inform us all. When will the new firmware to address this issue be released?

FWIW, I ran the update on my two sets of batteries that were throwing up errors...(actually one battery of each set was giving the error.) After the update, one of the bad batteries is still bad and will not charge. The other bad battery seems to be fixed, and there seemed to be no bad effects on the other two "good" batteries from the two problematic pairs. I don't think the firmware is bricking good batteries.
There also seems to be improvement in another oft mentioned issue, but I'll wait till the FW is official to discuss that. As the version # appears to be a significant update, my guess is there is some major under the hood work on this one, well beyond the battery fix.

2018-4-2
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-4-2 11:54
FWIW, I ran the update on my two sets of batteries that were throwing up errors...(actually one battery of each set was giving the error.) After the update, one of the bad batteries is still bad and will not charge. The other bad battery seems to be fixed, and there seemed to be no bad effects on the other two "good" batteries from the two problematic pairs. I don't think the firmware is bricking good batteries.
There also seems to be improvement in another oft mentioned issue, but I'll wait till the FW is official to discuss that. As the version # appears to be a significant update, my guess is there is some major under the hood work on this one, well beyond the battery fix.

Hi Barry, Thanks for posting. That's good information.  I was wondering whether or not the beta would address other things at the same time. For me it's a tough decision as it's been pointed out that the Beta can't be rolled back. If DJI could state that the official release will be in X  number of days it would make it a lot easier.
2018-4-2
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My guess is it's something their trying to get done by NAB...but we'll see. I think the reason it can't be rolled back has something to do with the extra digit in the FW version. The rumor has been that they've been working on some new logic to deal with some of the other issues, and one of those issues definitely seems handled by this update, because of that the battery issue may actually be fixed, but they won't release the firmware till the other things are completely worked out...thus the beta. Again, I don't see any evidence that this is bricking good batteries. The one that went south for me, has been problematic since the last update, and it did fix another battery that recently became OOB...so...if that helps.

2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-2 09:25
DJI Electra,
I would like to try the beta, thank you.

I see. Please provide us the screenshot of the Aircraft Battery. And you can PM me your DJI Account. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-2
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-2 20:04
I see. Please provide us the screenshot of the Aircraft Battery. And you can PM me your DJI Account. Thanks for your support.

As requested: Edit. low warning settings are not what I use, just playing with settings when the capture was done. Normal is 10 and 30%. Battery bad after fw update. PM sent
2018-4-3
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-3 02:14
As requested: Edit. low warning settings are not what I use, just playing with settings when the capture was done. Normal is 10 and 30%. Battery bad after fw update. PM sent
[view_image]

That's very similar to what I'm getting. One cell showing slightly lower than the rest but otherwise looking pretty healthy. Let us know how the Beta goes? Thanks.
2018-4-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-3 02:14
[view_image]

Hey Cougar
Is this the result after using the beta FW?  How did you go about the test? Did you discharge the battery first and then charge it back up?

You can email me too if you want to.  I asked for the beta FW, but DJI didn't respond back to me by PM. They must be mad at me for posting my shots of the Inspire 2 battery that I repaired.  

Rich
2018-4-4
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-2 20:04

DJI Elektra: Still waiting for beta firmware, for my bricked battery??
2018-4-5
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Well this happened to me and DJI reps said to discharge battery down to 5% and try to charge it back up. I tried that but when trying to charge it back up it just shows a red light on the charging hub. I am very disappointed that a firmware issue has killed my battery!
2018-4-5
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello Elektra, I have 3 sets now that have the same problem, when this goes on I can not even fly anymore.

What are you meen by beta version., can we use it? and how does that work etc...

Thank you

Vincent
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-5 10:49
DJI Elektra: Still waiting for beta firmware, for my bricked battery??

Sorry for the late response. Got your PM. Please rely me when you see it.
2018-4-7
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-7 01:13

Hi Cougar. Please let us know if the firmware fixes your battery.  Thanks.
2018-4-7
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>

Hi DJI Elektra is there any chance you can send me the beta firmware.

Cheers

Tony
2018-4-7
Use props
Lavashvili
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1041243 ft
Russia

good afternoon. I have the same problem. it's very unexpected to come to the shooting and discover a battery that is not working. when will you correct this misunderstanding? or you can send a beta version of the firmware for batteries. many users have this problem!
2018-4-8
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, what is the latest firmware? I have 01.01.0300. Is this the latest? I have not been prompt to update and just for the record, I'm not having any battery problems with the two sets I have been using with this firmware.

Regards,
Tom
2018-4-8
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-4-8 05:23
So, what is the latest firmware? I have 01.01.0300. Is this the latest? I have not been prompt to update and just for the record, I'm not having any battery problems with the two sets I have been using with this firmware.

Regards,

Hi Tom, I'm running V01.01.0300 2017-12-13.  It's affected 2 of my 6 TB50's.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Arrow1969 Posted at 2018-4-7 04:48
Hi DJI Elektra is there any chance you can send me the beta firmware.

Cheers

Tony, please post a screenshot of the "Aircraft battery" image. Then I would PM you if you want to try the beta.
2018-4-8
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Electra,

Beta Firmware update results:

One of my batteries was showing error after prior fw update from DJI.

Installed Beta fw using Assistant 2. Process went normal with 2 middle led’s on battery blinking as the batteries was updated.

Updated all batteries using Assistant 2.

After update I charged all batteries fully, all normal with blinking green lights on the charging hub as batteries charged.

Let batteries sit for 72 hrs to balance cells.

The Beta fw did NOT fix my battery, still shows error, so can’t use it.

2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-12 03:00
DJI Electra,

I see. I will help you forward this. Please wait, thanks.
2018-4-12
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 03:08
I see. I will help you forward this. Please wait, thanks.

DJI Electra:

This particular battery was purchased direct from DJi ordered on March 22 2017 (order #  0017887900538) and was received early April. Given the fact my I2 spent most of its time either in transport to and from or at DJI's repair facilities for the focus issue, the 6 month warranty should be extended to cover this issue.

Serial # on this battery is: 09UAE1403107L5

It was bricked during fw update (.200) in early November so a bit over 7 months old, with 18 charges and out of warranty.
The values where all 4.30v with the exception of cell 4 that where 4.17V after beta fw update.

This all happened during a time when I was dealing with my focus issue that was eventually fixed (after 5 trips back for repairs) so needless to say I was a bit distraught by this.
Part of that story here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-120264-1-1.html

2018-4-12
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-12 03:00
DJI Electra,

Hi Cougar that is definitely not good news to hear. If the Beta is flawed ... That is not looking good for the New FW release date  
2018-4-12
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-12 05:53
Hi Cougar that is definitely not good news to hear. If the Beta is flawed ... That is not looking good for the New FW release date

Not sure the beta is flawed, but it did not help my battery.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-12 05:29
DJI Electra:

This particular battery was purchased direct from DJi ordered on March 22 2017 (order #  0017887900538) and was received early April. Given the fact my I2 spent most of its time either in transport to and from or at DJI's repair facilities for the focus issue, the 6 month warranty should be extended to cover this issue.

In your case, please try to drain the battery and fully charge it again until the error message disappear.
2018-4-13
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-13 01:57
In your case, please try to drain the battery and fully charge it again until the error message disappear.

Electa:
After sitting over night again the error message disappeared, I did run it down to 3.7V and then charged up again.
Error message is no longer there, but I am not convinced, still 0.10V difference on #4 cell (lower then all the rest) will run some cycles when weather permits.  If it does not recover this cell, I am afraid it is toast (at least I don't trust it anymore unless it comes into balance with the rest).  
2018-4-13
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-13 10:46
Electa:
After sitting over night again the error message disappeared, I did run it down to 3.7V and then charged up again.
Error message is no longer there, but I am not convinced, still 0.10V difference on #4 cell (lower then all the rest) will run some cycles when weather permits.  If it does not recover this cell, I am afraid it is toast (at least I don't trust it anymore unless it comes into balance with the rest).

I've had some interesting experiences so far with this. One set after a few days would throw up the error on the main screen, but when going into the battery menu, both batteries showed no error, showed as connected, and frankly voltage was matched to the cell and to each other with a variation no more than .01 volts.. both showing around 97%, but the home page showed one battery at 80% and an error. I then recharged (that battery was seen by the charger as down to 75-80%) and since then have been able to fly several times without error.
2018-4-13
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-4-13 13:38
I've had some interesting experiences so far with this. One set after a few days would throw up the error on the main screen, but when going into the battery menu, both batteries showed no error, showed as connected, and frankly voltage was matched to the cell and to each other with a variation no more than .01 volts.. both showing around 97%, but the home page showed one battery at 80% and an error. I then recharged (that battery was seen by the charger as down to 75-80%) and since then have been able to fly several times without error.

Did you let the battery sit not used for the recommended 90 min or so before using?
2018-4-13
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-4-13 15:06
Did you let the battery sit not used for the recommended 90 min or so before using?

Just so you know, the recommended time is now 48 - 72 hrs. NOT 90 min.
2018-4-13
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-4-13 13:38

Barry, one time when I opened the app the battery page showed cell 1,2,&3 = 4.16V, cell 4= 4.41V,
cell 5 = 4.99V and cell 6 = 0.06V ?????
Restarted the I2 and all cells are identical, go figure. Or should I say: what do I trust?
2018-4-13
Use props
FanOfFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-13 16:08
Just so you know, the recommended time is now 48 - 72 hrs. NOT 90 min.

Good to know.  I have skipped the last few firmware versions...  so I am not effected I suspect.  I don't plan on installing the Beta firmware ether at this point.  But its good to know that it upwards of 72 hours...
2018-4-13
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-13 16:15
Barry, one time when I opened the app the battery page showed cell 1,2,&3 = 4.16V, cell 4= 4.41V,
cell 5 = 4.99V and cell 6 = 0.06V ?????
Restarted the I2 and all cells are identical, go figure. Or should I say: what do I trust?

I guess the one thing we're all dreading is that the I2 suddenly decides at 400 ft  that both batteries are out of balance enough to disable the motors.
2018-4-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules