What's preventing you from buying the Mavic Air right now??
2459 46 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-3 05:24
You know nothing about DJI drones…
Or technology in general…
Here's how an ultrasonic sensor  actually work: How Ultrasonic Sensor Works

Your what they call in Ireland a gobsh1te,  someone who keeps putting his foot in his mouth.

That’s exactly what I was saying, now try taking your foot out of your mouth.
2018-4-3
Use props
\
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194518 ft

Distance... Im sticking with the mavicPro, hopefully the next release will switch to the more rugged gimble and have the boomerang and other flight modes.
2018-4-3
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

\@BeMyDrone Posted at 2018-4-3 07:30
Distance... Im sticking with the mavicPro, hopefully the next release will switch to the more rugged gimble and have the boomerang and other flight modes.

I'll be honest,  I have seen some pretty damn impressive distance flights on the Air... Nearly 3 miles..    How they are doing this with Wifi, Ill never know.  ....  I don't really have an issue with the Wifi connection, as I don't usually fly in populated areas.  I was VERY, VERY skeptical with the Spark, but in general, I have little issue with Wifi.  There is the thing about not being able to connect to the Goggles via Occusync.... but I don't use it that much.
2018-4-3
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13228 ft
Netherlands

el pelo Posted at 2018-4-3 05:51
My top reason would be the wifi connection. I would totally buy it right now but the wifi instead of occusync is a deal breaker.

i am still having problems why people find this a deal breaker, how far are you planning to fly this thing. besides the vlos rule in most countrys  is it really that big of deal to fly even further that 2 km? At close range ( <1500m)  the connection is solid and i iive in a heavy polluted wfi area
2018-4-5
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

I Agree......
2018-4-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-4-3 05:24
You know nothing about DJI drones…
Or technology in general…

You got it!

Ultrasonic Sensors Knowledge (Part 4): Influences on Measurement Accuracy
Air pressure
The speed of sound decreases by less than 1% between sea  level and 3,000 m altitude. Atmospheric fluctuations at a specific  location are negligible and the effects on the speed of sound are hardly measurable.

Air temperature
         Air temperature has the greatest impact on the measuring accuracy of an ultrasonic sensor.
However, as the air temperature changes, the speed of sound changes by 0.17% per degree Kelvin.
2018-4-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

My reason: I already have one
2018-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules