Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is Mavic Air's mean time to failure rate?
3886 10 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ottotto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156811 ft

Hi, Given no crashes, bumps, scrapes or burises, how many flight hours will an Air likely last?  What component is likely to malfunction first? Was the mean time to failure rate (MTTF or MTBF) and related metrics released by DJI for public consumption, if so where can I find a copy?  So many questions-sorry.  Thanks in advance - Ottotto
2018-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No idea, but there is a user on here who has accumulated almost 2 million meters with a pro so build quality and perfomance not too much of an issue I would say.
2018-4-1
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-1 16:44
No idea, but there is a user on here who has accumulated almost 2 million meters with a pro so build quality and perfomance not too much of an issue I would say.

Thank you!
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Ottotto, please keep close attention to the notification from the DJI GO4 app, the drone will check itself when you start it, if there is an error, there will be a notification on the app to let you know what happened. Please read the user manual more than once and make a preflight checklist as the video below shows, take good care of your drone and have a good time on flying of it. Thanks!

2018-4-1
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-1 19:56
Hi Ottotto, please keep close attention to the notification from the DJI GO4 app, the drone will check itself when you start it, if there is an error, there will be a notification on the app to let you know what happened. Please read the user manual more than once and make a preflight checklist as the video below shows, take good care of your drone and have a good time on flying of it. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Zf90zR378&index=11&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r&t=19s

Thank-you.  Has the mean time to failure rate (MTTF or MTBF) and related metrics (numbers), of the Mavic Air, been released by DJI for public consumption, if so where can I find a copy?
2018-4-2
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

The MTBF data may not be publicly available. One option is to see if there is any data out there about the brushless motors the Air uses or at least similar motors. Just guessing, but I would suspect that the main failure mode would be either a worn motor or a battery that has been cycled too many times.
2018-4-3
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2

cspain Posted at 2018-4-3 05:26
The MTBF data may not be publicly available. One option is to see if there is any data out there about the brushless motors the Air uses or at least similar motors. Just guessing, but I would suspect that the main failure mode would be either a worn motor or a battery that has been cycled too many times.

Thanks cspain.  You're right, probably trade secrets, part 107 doesn't require airworthiness certification.
2018-4-3
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft

They say the legs have a life of 5000 times opening and closing. The link is here. Click on aircraft to open and it shows this.
https://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic-air
2018-4-3
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2

Mikem691 Posted at 2018-4-3 15:00
They say the legs have a life of 5000 times opening and closing. The link is here. Click on aircraft to open and it shows this.
https://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic-air

Thanks for your comment and URL.
2018-4-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Minutes to years!
2018-4-5
Use props
Ottotto
lvl.2
United States

Makes sense.  The warranty seems to serve as the MTBF, 1 year for the complete flyable unit.  Thanks again.
2018-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules