842 18 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>

Hello,

Something unfortunate happened to me today. My neighbor living on our second floor (on top of where I live) forgot to turn off the faucet and caused the leak on our bedroom ceiling. I just charged my Mavic but I have put it back in the bag on the floor. The bag got wet, including the charger which was in the side pocket. The Mavic was inside but it was in another bag but I am so skeptic that it won't get affected later on. All my friends are telling me to include it in the claim. See pictures for your opinion. The inside pocket where there is a net is a little wet.
DET_7856 copy.jpg
DET_7881 copy.jpg
2018-4-1
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>

Is it damaged?  If it’s just wet it will dry. Just don’t plug the charger in until it’s dry.
2018-4-1
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-4-1 17:04
Is it damaged?  If it’s just wet it will dry. Just don’t plug the charger in until it’s dry.

The drone didn't get wet. But it was sitting in that situation for 2 hours because I wasn't home.  The charger is really wet. I won't even try using it because I am pretty sure it will be corroded even if it dries out.
2018-4-1
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>

Sounds like you got lucky drone wise at least.  Sorry about your apartment though.
2018-4-1
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>

Mavic Ace Posted at 2018-4-1 17:52
Sounds like you got lucky drone wise at least.  Sorry about your apartment though.

I know. The bedroom is a total mess right now.
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-4-1 17:07
The drone didn't get wet. But it was sitting in that situation for 2 hours because I wasn't home.  The charger is really wet. I won't even try using it because I am pretty sure it will be corroded even if it dries out.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. The good thing is your drone didn't get wet, please let it in a ventilation place and make it dry. For the charger, please check the performance after it dried. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.
2018-4-1
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-1 18:05
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. The good thing is your drone didn't get wet, please let it in a ventilation place and make it dry. For the charger, please check the performance after it dried. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help.

Thank you for your input. The apartment owner will cover all the damages in our apartment. I am indeed lucky the drone didn't get soak.
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-4-1 18:07
Thank you for your input. The apartment owner will cover all the damages in our apartment. I am indeed lucky the drone didn't get soak.

That sounds good, hope everything will be fine soon.
2018-4-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like the DJI Aircraft sleeve saved the drone! Best £6 I ever spent too!
2018-4-2
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

A CW Posted at 2018-4-2 04:08
Looks like the DJI Aircraft sleeve saved the drone! Best £6 I ever spent too!

Just adding it to my wish list now, Andy...
2018-4-2
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

File the claim. Better to be safe than sorry.
2018-4-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-4-2 05:00
Just adding it to my wish list now, Andy...

Simple and cheap but very effective and very water resistant for when the MP is in storage and travel.
2018-4-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-4-2 06:02
Simple and cheap but very effective and very water resistant for when the MP is in storage and travel.

I seen those but it didn't even cross my mind to get one. Thanks to this thread it is ORDERED lol

OP I hope this gets sorted soon and you are back in the air. I bet it was like a kick in the guts coming home to find your apartment had a sort of shower and everything drenched. not good at all. Good luck on getting it all sorted.
2018-4-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-4-2 05:09
File the claim. Better to be safe than sorry.

That's what I'm gonna do. I don't want to regret later on.
2018-4-2
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft
United States

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-4-1 17:07

Fresh water wont cause corrosion like salt water will. Most likely will be fine once dried out. Take everything out and lay it all out in a well ventilated space. If the charger was the worst do the wet phone trick and put in in a bag of rice to help draw moisture out of it. Let everything dry out for a day or two and I'm sure you will be fine. Water makes it worse when power is applied but if there was no power applied then the water has nothing to short out. 90% sure everything will be ok.
2018-4-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good luck on the recovery.
I hope the water was fresh and not had contamination because it leaked down through a ceiling etc.
2018-4-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow.   ;- )  We old guyz sure do cause a lot of grief !  I have two suggestions.  

1) Yes... file a claim with your home owner's policy and with your landlord.  If your coverage doesn't cover personal property ( this is no different than a television, stereo, radio ) than your landlords' might.  

And 2) in the meantime, get to the grocery store and purchase a 2-3 pound bag of rice.  In a large poly / plastic bag, spread the rice on the bottom of the bag, place all/ any electronic items on top of the rice kernels.  Don't cover the drone (or anything with moving parts) with rice!  Just place it on top.  Leave it there for 5-7 days BEFORE trying to start it up.  If your batteries got wet I would consider them a loss.  The chemicals in a LiPO battery are far to volitle to risk using if damaged.  In addition to the possible chemical reaction, any moisture still in the battery might cause an electrical short, surge, or other ' yikes! '  and damage the drone.

Good luck my friend.
2018-4-2
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-4-2 12:06
Wow.   We old guyz sure do cause a lot of grief !  I have two suggestions.  

1) Yes... file a claim with your home owner's policy and with your landlord.  If your coverage doesn't cover personal property ( this is no different than a television, stereo, radio ) than your landlords' might.  

I'm so sorry for my wordings if I offended you but thanks for your advice.
2018-4-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

IceBox-Murdock Posted at 2018-4-2 12:19
I'm so sorry for my wordings if I offended you but thanks for your advice.

Absolutely no apologies necessary !! My intro was intended in good humor.  Really :-)
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules