Video recording not saved to memory card
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Last night I recorded a video on the P3P that was almost 8 minutes long and it was not saved into the memory card. I am able to see the video in Director and can edit it in Director if I want, but I have no way of getting the video into the memory card to transfer it to my laptop. When I looked at the flight log, it shows that no video was recorded.
Just to be clear, I am not trying to get a video that was edited on Director into the memory card. I would like to get the raw video that was recorded. I have video caching enabled if that helps. I used the latest iOS app on a iPhone 6+. Is there a way for me to extract the video from director and put it into the memory card?
2015-5-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Reset the camera.  Other users have reported that this worked for them.
2015-5-7
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-8 05:29
Reset the camera.  Other users have reported that this worked for them.

Thanks for the response Ed.

I just plugged my iPhone to my computer and looked at the files stored in the DJI Pilot app (via iTunes) and there was a videoCache folder in there. The folder has the videos that I was looking for.
2015-5-7
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

vmp Posted at 2015-5-8 11:04
Thanks for the response Ed.

I just plugged my iPhone to my computer and looked at the files stor ...

...but in a low-resolution version, I presume?

The advice where you put the card back in the Phantom and start it - and let it have some time to recover/finish writing the video file - and shutting off the Phantom again, didn't work?
2015-5-7
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

FantomDK Posted at 2015-5-8 11:32
...but in a low-resolution version, I presume?

The advice where you put the card back in the Phan ...

It is a 720 video, so it does look like it is a lower-resolution copy. I recorded the video last night and have flown it a couple of times since and nothing. I read somewhere that turning it back and waiting could help, but I don't think I waited long enough.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules