Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Main controller Data Error
5909 17 2018-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HenryHM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795404 ft

Hi guys,

I flew my MA three times today until batteries were down to 30%.

Before the first flight I had no error message, 30% of battery left so I clicked RTH button on the controller that would not do anything and the error message below showed.. so I return the MA manually.

The second time I had compass error and a calibration fixed it; doubt it is related to the controller issue.

The error message happened again; I tested he RTH on the phone screen and it worked..

Any idea what is the issue? How can I fix it or prevent it from happening?

Is this a common issue?

Thank you
AC5670C9-F30A-43ED-86D3-CF33C56AD8C6.jpeg
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Henry, please try to calibrate the IMU, and check if there is a need to update the firmware. If the issue persists, please provide me with the flight data from the drone, you can export via DJI Assistant 2 and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings--About) for further checking.
2018-4-1
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-1 21:09
Henry, please try to calibrate the IMU, and check if there is a need to update the firmware. If the issue persists, please provide me with the flight data from the drone, you can export via DJI Assistant 2 and the screenshot of the firmware info (General Settings--About) for further checking.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x36WO2OnIaY&t=0s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOeP6CJM0vmkDB0onco2V2i&index=2

is not better if i send you the flight data to check it? i am worried crashing it now
2018-4-1
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Australia

Hi DJI Thor, I tried to do the IMU calibration three times but after 10 mins each time I’ve given up.. I will be back home in few hours to try again.. do you suggest I should refresh the firmware?
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HenryHM Posted at 2018-4-1 22:34
Hi DJI Thor, I tried to do the IMU calibration three times but after 10 mins each time I’ve given up.. I will be back home in few hours to try again.. do you suggest I should refresh the firmware?

You can also send me the flight data directly. Refreshing the firmware is a good try. For calibrating the IMU, please cool the drone first then calibrate again, if the calibration failed, please let me know if there is an error code.  
2018-4-1
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-1 23:04
You can also send me the flight data directly. Refreshing the firmware is a good try. For calibrating the IMU, please cool the drone first then calibrate again, if the calibration failed, please let me know if there is an error code.

I was able to successfully re calibrate the IMU.. may be it was not cold enough.. I sent a private message with the the three flights data.
2018-4-2
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not a common issue, but a couple have reported it including myself. Did you subsequently see a "barometer" error too?
When I first received my Air I updated all firmware and took it out for a flight. After a short while I received the controller data error, and later the app reported a barometer error also. I refreshed the firmware in both the Air and the controller, and recalibrated the Air's IMU. Haven't had a re-occurrence of the error since. Yay!

I hope you get this issue sorted.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HenryHM Posted at 2018-4-2 01:40
I was able to successfully re calibrate the IMU.. may be it was not cold enough.. I sent a private message with the the three flights data.

Sorry for the late reply due to the day off. I had forwarded to our engineers, sorry it might be a little delayed since it has been a holiday in China, where our engineers are located in. BTW, what's the firmware info? Please also provide me with the screenshot of the General Settings, About in case needed. Appreciate your patience.
2018-4-4
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4

Sorry Thor!! Forgotten about it.. have attached here and did the refresh and IMU calibration
D4980E13-6C61-4DB4-BE47-398225C6A1D8.png
2018-4-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

HenryHM Posted at 2018-4-5 02:25
Sorry Thor!! Forgotten about it.. have attached here and did the refresh and IMU calibration

So, after the refresh and IMU calibration, are you still getting the error?
2018-4-5
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-4-5 13:53
So, after the refresh and IMU calibration, are you still getting the error?

no seems to be ok
2018-4-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Great to hear. That's all it took for me also...
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HenryHM Posted at 2018-4-5 02:25

Thank you very much. The engineers will get back to work soon. Please wait patiently.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, I got news from the engineers, please refer to their answer below:
Hello, from the point of view of the data, the temperature of the barometer is too high. It may be presumed that the ambient temperature is too high or there is a strong direct sunlight for a long time. As a result, the temperature inside the aircraft cavity is high, and an alarm that the temperature of the barometer is too high is detected. There is no risk of a crash. Shut down and cool it.
2018-4-16
Use props
HenryHM
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-16 20:09
Hi there, I got news from the engineers, please refer to their answer below:
Hello, from the point of view of the data, the temperature of the barometer is too high. It may be presumed that the ambient temperature is too high or there is a strong direct sunlight for a long time. As a result, the temperature inside the aircraft cavity is high, and an alarm that the temperature of the barometer is too high is detected. There is no risk of a crash. Shut down and cool it.

OK!! thank you.. not sure what was the temperature.. I was trying different tech to practice cinematic recording which possible what caused the high temperature? any way it has not happened again will keep you updated   
2018-4-16
Use props
djiuser_tt5mVdU4ib4X
New
Flight distance : 1890 ft

Kenya

Hello my mavic air has the main controller error,  barometer error and when i try to calibrate the IMU, after i click the sensor state, a start button appears but its inactive because if i click on it it does not respond, please help me
2021-5-4
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

I get this error fairly routinely when flying in ambient conditions at roughly 95F  or greater (flying in Phx AZ). My understanding it’s a thermally driven barometer mis-match / calibration issue. Should be OK  to continue flying with caution (YMMV!), but just to be safe I will typically bring her in and bag the flying session after receiving this particular error. Cuts several months out of my flying season, but oh well...
2021-5-24
Use props
djiuser_tNAdQ8yyVHv6
New

Pakistan

Spaceman_66 Posted at 2021-5-24 23:01
I get this error fairly routinely when flying in ambient conditions at roughly 95F  or greater (flying in Phx AZ). My understanding it’s a thermally driven barometer mis-match / calibration issue. Should be OK  to continue flying with caution (YMMV!), but just to be safe I will typically bring her in and bag the flying session after receiving this particular error. Cuts several months out of my flying season, but oh well...

Im also getting this error on daily routine..? Anyone knows how to fix... Recalibrate the imu but nothing worked
2023-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules