Getting to grips with the p4 showers signal
803 3 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zUQ9JbysumUX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, So ive been using p mode alot in my local park practicing  flying between two points in the park. Id thought it time to  branch out and try sport and atti  mode for the first time. Got out to around 1 mile in distance and 85 meters in height in in atti mode and I know the area I was flying over well.  At that  moment   it was  cloudy but  clear in the morning . And later same day same, route same start point in the afternoon as morning still clear but some light showers in the far  far distance well away from the drone. But noticed began loosing video only  within half a mile from same take off point from  that morning. Seems to  me the signal is effected by light showers even though there's no showers between the drone its controller.

What's happening is that the norm.  Remember showers where miles away from e didn't feel one drop on of rain in itself.

2018-4-2
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

The showers in the distance would not have effected the signal.
There is more likely a simple explanation like not having both antennas verticle or radio interference from a mobile phone etc.
Make sure that once you get set up put your device in flight mode this will remove quite a bit of interference from your signals.
Make sure you have a clear line of site to the drone, dont go behind buildings etc.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Theoretically speaking, the remote showers should not affect the aircraft connection. Please refer the tutorial video and try to adjust the antennas to see whether the same issue appears.
2018-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The weather can have an effect on the signal, as for the showers in the distance, unlikely, what is more likely is that the cloud height was perhaps lower?
Rain absorbs the the 2.4ghz frequceny but as your showers were distant, i beleive these not to be a factor, on the other hand, the humidity could have risen due to the rain and this perhaps affected the signal? Fog, rain, and snow depending on its water content adds attenuation to the signal's path

On a clear (sunny), windless day i have managed 3600m (CE), on a cloudy day, lucky to get 2500m,
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules