Mavic Pro back to DJI for repair 3 times! still not fixed!
123Next >
4981 90 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft

Is everyone getting the 404 error in chinese on the repair request page?  
2018-5-22
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

Another update:  Received the return shipping label this morning, dropping off in a few minutes at UPS.  Hopefully they can get this turned around quickly since I have another trip next weekend that I would like to have the mavic for.  
2018-5-24
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

News from DJI:  they are replacing the Gimbal arm (again) and the flight controller ESC board.  the quote would be $248 but luckily it is covered under warranty.  
2018-5-30
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

Received my "repaired" mavic pro again and am still having this problem.  DJI replaced the gimbal, and now it is not level - I ran the gimbal calibration and it was still unlevel, had to adjust by .2 in the app, which i've never had to do before.  I still have this video-ruining glitch and DJI can't seem to be bothered to to anything but replace the gimbal, as they don't seem to bother to watch the youtube video link which I have included in all of my requests.  DJI-Diana has gone quiet, never responded to my PM.  

It is obvious that the technician never test-flew the aircraft after the repair because it wasn't paired with the remote.  This is extremely frustrating now that I've sent the aircraft back twice and the remote by itself once.  

What do I have to do to get this fixed CORRECTLY?  

What does it take to get things fixed correctly?  
2018-6-4
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

And another thing, the repair request page is still down, even though the message on the page now says that it would be back up yesterday (June 3rd).  The page is still down, so I can't put in ANOTHER repair request.  
2018-6-4
Use props
fansdf91a680
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437402 ft
United States

Sent ours back for fourth time, ultrasonic sensor errors, and strong remote interference..
2018-6-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Are you sending your unit back to DJI or repairing through a third-party?
2018-6-4
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

You should create a basic IF -->/YES/NO  flowchart identifying all of the pieces of the puzzle that you have investigated, just to make it easier for you to keep track of what you have examined, and perhaps also help DJI support figure out what the core of the problem might be.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-4 13:15
And another thing, the repair request page is still down, even though the message on the page now says that it would be back up yesterday (June 3rd).  The page is still down, so I can't put in ANOTHER repair request.

Hi, sorry for the late response, could you please try this link: https://www.dji.com/support? As per check, there is no problem with the page, please try it again, if still no good luck, please change a browser. Thanks.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-4 08:23
Received my "repaired" mavic pro again and am still having this problem.  DJI replaced the gimbal, and now it is not level - I ran the gimbal calibration and it was still unlevel, had to adjust by .2 in the app, which i've never had to do before.  I still have this video-ruining glitch and DJI can't seem to be bothered to to anything but replace the gimbal, as they don't seem to bother to watch the youtube video link which I have included in all of my requests.  DJI-Diana has gone quiet, never responded to my PM.  

It is obvious that the technician never test-flew the aircraft after the repair because it wasn't paired with the remote.  This is extremely frustrating now that I've sent the aircraft back twice and the remote by itself once.  

Sorry to read on this, I have replied your PM, regarding the issue, could you please check if there is an error message in your DJI GO4 app? Please provide an original video again, we'd like to check it, sorry for all the inconvenience.
2018-6-4
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-4 22:42
Sorry to read on this, I have replied your PM, regarding the issue, could you please check if there is an error message in your DJI GO4 app? Please provide an original video again, we'd like to check it, sorry for all the inconvenience.

Thanks for replying, I have no errors in DJI Go4, all firmware is up to date, and I have been using the latest versions of DJI Go4. I added the video of the problem to the first post in the thread to make it easier to find as well.
2018-6-4
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-4 22:35
Hi, sorry for the late response, could you please try this link: https://www.dji.com/support? As per check, there is no problem with the page, please try it again, if still no good luck, please change a browser. Thanks.

When I click on “repair request” this is what I get:

2018-6-4
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-4 16:34
Are you sending your unit back to DJI or repairing through a third-party?

It is going back to DJI to their repair center in Grapevine, Tx

2018-6-4
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-4 23:38
It is going back to DJI to their repair center in Grapevine, Tx

TexasAerials

At least by publicising your tale of woe, it may just prompt DJI to provide a better level of Customer Service than they have so far.
Disregardful and a joke!
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-4 23:36
When I click on “repair request” this is what I get:

[view_image]

Sorry for that case happened. May I know which browser do you use, please? Could you please try another browser? We use the Google Chrome, checked and there is no problem:

2018-6-5
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-5 00:23
Sorry for that case happened. May I know which browser do you use, please? Could you please try another browser? We use the Google Chrome, checked and there is no problem:

[view_image]

Click on the option with the box truck that says “online repair request” that is the page that is broken. Using Firefox on pc and safari on iPhone
2018-6-5
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

The online repair request page is still down, even though it says it would be back 6/3/18 at 11am local time.  it is now 6/5/18 at nearly 22:00.  The page has been down since at least May 21st when I tried to send the Mavic for service the most recent time.  I had to call customer support and have them start a ticket which caused the whole thing to take an extra three days to get a shipping label.  
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-5 00:26
Click on the option with the box truck that says “online repair request” that is the page that is broken. Using Firefox on pc and safari on iPhone

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, could you please show us a screenshot of the error page? As per check, we clicked the "online repair request", and it is ok to submit a repair request, please check the screenshot below.

2018-6-6
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-6 23:50
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, could you please show us a screenshot of the error page? As per check, we clicked the "online repair request", and it is ok to submit a repair request, please check the screenshot below.

[view_image]

It still redirects me to this page:  https://repair.dji.com/systemerror/info.html  

I tried on my phone again with the same result
2018-6-7
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-6 23:50

[view_image]

I managed to get through to the request page using a private browser window, for some reason it won't let me through to the page on the regular browser.   I have submitted another request and will be dropping it off today.  

Diana - If you are able to communicate with the repair center in Texas, please let them know that if they are going to replace the aircraft again, to please replace the remote as well, as I think that is where the issue lies, even though the remote has been sent for repair once as well.  
2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Mavic Pro back to DJI for repair 3 times! still not fixed!

There goes the old adage ''Third time's the charm''.
Back to ''Three strikes and you're out''.

2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-7 06:22
It still redirects me to this page:  https://repair.dji.com/systemerror/info.html  

I tried on my phone again with the same result

Using link in your post, I got Out to Lunch too.
Screen snapshot below.

Out2Lunch.jpg

2018-6-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-7 08:49
I managed to get through to the request page using a private browser window, for some reason it won't let me through to the page on the regular browser.   I have submitted another request and will be dropping it off today.  

Diana - If you are able to communicate with the repair center in Texas, please let them know that if they are going to replace the aircraft again, to please replace the remote as well, as I think that is where the issue lies, even though the remote has been sent for repair once as well.

After three failed repairs, they should send you a Brand New Drone!
Akin to cars and Lemon laws.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-7 08:49
I managed to get through to the request page using a private browser window, for some reason it won't let me through to the page on the regular browser.   I have submitted another request and will be dropping it off today.  

Diana - If you are able to communicate with the repair center in Texas, please let them know that if they are going to replace the aircraft again, to please replace the remote as well, as I think that is where the issue lies, even though the remote has been sent for repair once as well.

Hi, could you please let me your case number? I will forward it to the related support and help you keep an eye on the case. Thanks!
2018-6-7
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-7 22:18
Hi, could you please let me your case number? I will forward it to the related support and help you keep an eye on the case. Thanks!

I'll send it to you in a PM
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-6-8 05:32
I'll send it to you in a PM

Thanks for providing the case number, I have helped you marked the request on your case, the repair team will check it when they receive your parcel. Please be patient to wait for the update.
2018-6-9
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-9 00:59
Thanks for providing the case number, I have helped you marked the request on your case, the repair team will check it when they receive your parcel. Please be patient to wait for the update.

Thanks for your help Diana, I received the quotation from DJI support yesterday.  It looks like they are making repairs on both the mavic and the remote.  If this doesn't fix the issue, i'm not sure what would.  

Here is the detail on the repairs:

Freight:

Total Amount:

DJI Care deduction:

Total Payment:

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Remote Controller Main Controller Board1131.00131.00
Core Board1288.00288.00
Flight Controller ESC Board159.0059.00
Repair Service Fee265.00/H130.00
2018-6-14
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

Received the Mavic back just now, opened the box, and I'm pretty sure they didn't do anything to the aircraft, as the other times it has been back it had all of the plastic stickers on it like a new one.  The remote was all wrapped up like it was a brand new one, and it was again not linked to the mavic, so testing does not seem to have been performed.  

Regardless, I am still having the same issue, it continues to have this glitch, rendering video recordings all but unuseable.  

@DJI_Diana
2018-6-18
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

Bumping this again, and getting ready to send this thing back again for the 5th time.   This is seriously unacceptable service, obviously, the service center hasn't repaired or tested anything before sending me back the same problems I sent it with.  

2018-6-19
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

Update for day .... alot.  

Called DJI Support today and managed to talk to a supervisor, who listened to my issue and was able to watch the youtube video above.  He said that he would confer with his managers and get back to me later today.  hopefully they can come up with a solution to this issue.
2018-6-19
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

6/20 update - I received a call from one of the higher-ups at DJI-US today, and the gentleman said that in order to prevent me having to continue sending the mavic back and forth trying to get the issue fixed, they would send me a shipping label to return the whole set to them and then they will send me a whole new set.  

So, good news so far, this should fix the issue and now I can get back to making videos.  
2018-6-20
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be interested to know if you tried any other Phone or Tablet.....and if the issue is still there with a different device??

Since the issue is not there with your phone disconnected......is your phone trying to charge off the RC?  

Good luck with the new unit!!

Randy
2018-6-21
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-6-21 12:54
I would be interested to know if you tried any other Phone or Tablet.....and if the issue is still there with a different device??

Since the issue is not there with your phone disconnected......is your phone trying to charge off the RC?  

Yes, I've tried two other iOS devices.  Interestingly, it doesn't do it in sport mode, and doesn't do it if I close DJI Go4, then comes back if I go back into the app.  My recent railyard video was actually shot using my wife's phone because I had deleted Go4 and forgot to reinstall it before leaving the house, and I still had to edit out some footage with this glitch in it.  
2018-6-21
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

Replacement Mavic was due to be delivered this evening, but in checking the tracking info, it looks like it didn't make it onto the delivery truck today.  Hopefully good news tomorrow once it arrives.  
2018-7-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Wow man really hoping this brand new unit works without issue.  Crazy it has taken this long.  At least you are getting a brand new unit.  
2018-7-2
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-7-2 17:39
Replacement Mavic was due to be delivered this evening, but in checking the tracking info, it looks like it didn't make it onto the delivery truck today.  Hopefully good news tomorrow once it arrives.

Have you not noticed that every time they sent you a replacement part (aircraft or controller) and you returned it, they found something wrong with it and had to "repair" it again? Why is DJI sending you defective products? I know the answer, it's a rhetorical question... They don't repair anything, they simply send defective equipment on to the next customer. I returned a Mavic Pro without even flying it, and it accidentally ended up on their repair line, where the gimbal controller board was found to be defective! How could that be? LOL
2018-7-2
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123717 ft
United Kingdom

I know this is a really far fetched suggestion, but what settings do you have your controller set to? It might be interesting to try and replicate this on mine with the exact same settings. Especially as we are assuming it's not the hardware which has been replaced, or the phone being used. Might be worth replicating your setup.
2018-7-3
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

I agree with Peejay1977,
it could be a conflicting setting in the app, thus, a bug.
I would try to restore the gimbal and other settings by default values and see if it happens again.
2018-7-3
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mgozer Posted at 2018-7-3 04:02
I agree with Peejay1977,
it could be a conflicting setting in the app, thus, a bug.
I would try to restore the gimbal and other settings by default values and see if it happens again.
A few thoughts.  First, I agree with the above.  Resetting the camera and gimbal settings after a firmware update have solved a few weird glitches I've seen over the time I've had my Mavics.  Two, have you tried flying somewhere else - maybe a good distance from your town?  I can't help but wonder abour some weird interference from local businesses, gov installations, or someone messing with boosting wifi or other 2.4 Ghz signals.   Finally, have you tried Litchi?  Does it do the same?

Just finding it hard to believe that it's a hardware defect now...
LP
2018-7-3
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-2 19:43
Have you not noticed that every time they sent you a replacement part (aircraft or controller) and you returned it, they found something wrong with it and had to "repair" it again? Why is DJI sending you defective products? I know the answer, it's a rhetorical question... They don't repair anything, they simply send defective equipment on to the next customer. I returned a Mavic Pro without even flying it, and it accidentally ended up on their repair line, where the gimbal controller board was found to be defective! How could that be? LOL

Usually they just replace it with another unit, but they certainly don't test it because it hasn't come back paired with the remote.  
2018-7-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules