Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro back to DJI for repair 3 times! still not fixed!
4950 90 2018-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasAerials
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566952 ft

LeafPeeper Posted at 2018-7-3 04:18
A few thoughts.  First, I agree with the above.  Resetting the camera and gimbal settings after a firmware update have solved a few weird glitches I've seen over the time I've had my Mavics.  Two, have you tried flying somewhere else - maybe a good distance from your town?  I can't help but wonder abour some weird interference from local businesses, gov installations, or someone messing with boosting wifi or other 2.4 Ghz signals.   Finally, have you tried Litchi?  Does it do the same?

Just finding it hard to believe that it's a hardware defect now...

I have done remote, gimbal, IMU, compass, and VPS calibrations, firmware roll back/update all with the same results.  

I've flown in many different locations, here, down at the beach in galveston, austin, etc.

I haven't tried litchi mainly because i don't want to pay for it and i'd rather be able to use DJI Go4
2018-7-3
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-7-3 07:13
Usually they just replace it with another unit, but they certainly don't test it because it hasn't come back paired with the remote.

Yeah, they replace it with a unit they "fixed" for another customer. It's not tested after the "repair", as evidenced by the fact that when you send back the replacement, they find some component that still needs replacing. They (allegedly) replace a random component so that the customer thinks some problem was found and fixed. As I said before, they sent me a replacement Mavic Pro, which I didn't fly, just immediately returned, and by mistake, it ended up on their repair line where they found the gimbal controller board was defective. I hadn't returned it because it was faulty. I returned it because they sent me a refurbished aircraft, when I was promised a new aircraft.
2018-7-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-7-3 07:16
I have done remote, gimbal, IMU, compass, and VPS calibrations, firmware roll back/update all with the same results.  

I've flown in many different locations, here, down at the beach in galveston, austin, etc.

At this point, DJI should send you two brand new Mavic Pros.
You fly both, and keep the one you prefer and return other one.

Three times is Road Apples.
2018-7-3
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-7-3 07:58
At this point, DJI should send you two brand new Mavic Pros.
You fly both, and keep the one you prefer and return other one.

Ha, I'll forward that on if I have to talk to them again.  
2018-7-3
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4

and of course, same problem still.  
2018-7-3
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-7-3 15:27

Brand new drone and remote?
2018-7-3
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-7-3 15:27

I've had 5 Mavic Pros... All with the same problems.

They go back to get "fixed", a problem is found, the "solution" is that they replace a random part, and then, instead of sending me the one they now know works (because they just fixed it), they send a different aircraft back! Happened EVERY time.
2018-7-13
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-13 08:00
I've had 5 Mavic Pros... All with the same problems.

They go back to get "fixed", a problem is found, the "solution" is that they replace a random part, and then, instead of sending me the one they now know works (because they just fixed it), they send a different aircraft back! Happened EVERY time.

did you have the same problem as me, or you just had an issue and replacing the aircraft didn't fix it?  
2018-7-14
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-7-14 10:41
did you have the same problem as me, or you just had an issue and replacing the aircraft didn't fix it?

Hahaha.... I started posting about these issues in December of last year. At the time, one of the people on this forum said I was imagining it, and asked where all the others were who were experiencing these problems. Turned out, there were lots of us... in fact, there's another thread that's over 1.5 years old, where they  started discussing these problem.

This problem got so embarrassing for DJI, that they hid the thread in the Service forum. They moved it there after it was very active in the general Mavic Pro forum for over a month. Suddenly, they said it belonged in the Service forum because it would be addressed more quickly there. 8 months later... it has not been addressed! DJI hasn't even updated the thread.  I'm surprised that so many of these Yawing/Drifting threads are still in this general discussion forum, since DJI claims they should be in the Service forum! They just wanted my thread to disappear.

Here's the thread I started 8 months ago: https://forum.dji.com/thread-124081-1-1.html
2018-7-14
Use props
TexasAerials
lvl.4

Jyunte Posted at 2018-7-14 16:57
Hahaha.... I started posting about these issues in December of last year. At the time, one of the people on this forum said I was imagining it, and asked where all the others were who were experiencing these problems. Turned out, there were lots of us... in fact, there's another thread that's over 1.5 years old, where they  started discussing these problem.

This problem got so embarrassing for DJI, that they hid the thread in the Service forum. They moved it there after it was very active in the general Mavic Pro forum for over a month. Suddenly, they said it belonged in the Service forum because it would be addressed more quickly there. 8 months later... it has not been addressed! DJI hasn't even updated the thread.  I'm surprised that so many of these Yawing/Drifting threads are still in this general discussion forum, since DJI claims they should be in the Service forum! They just wanted my thread to disappear.

I looked at your thread, and it doesn't appear to be the same issue I'm having, but not encouraging that DJI wasn't able to fix it.  I received a call from DJI support last week saying that I would get an email from them to which I could reply with my various case numbers, but I haven't received any email.  I checked spam folder as well.  

2018-7-15
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-4-9 09:11
I received notification today that DJI is claiming that this is not caused by a defect, and wants to replace the gimbal arm and middle frame module on the Mavic.  I have spoken with customer service about it and submitted an invoice dispute, as it seems obvious that the technitian did not test fly or even view the video link that I included in my repair request.  

perhaps you could assist from your side on this as I have not crashed the drone and believe this should be covered under warranty.

Not the same issue, but this has been my experience with having my Mavic repaired.  The service tech seems to have not viewed the provided video files and hasn't fixed the gimbal issues I'm experiencing.
2021-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules