3795 43 2018-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I own both; both are great, but both have differences.
The Air is now my go-to drone day to day; it's almost half the size and weight of the Pro and is much better in wind if you're not in sports mode as it auto-disables the optical sensors to allow a steeper pitch, whilst the Pro must be flown in Sports mode or have the OA sensors switched off if you're in strong winds.
There are actually quite a few differences.  The AIr has quite a few advantages, but 2 disadvantages: shorter range (Stable up to around a mile / 1,500 m) and shorter flight time (20 mins). The Pro beats the air easily here with its rock-solid reception, range and longer flight time.
I love them both...

This may help:

2018-4-6
Use props
Silvex
lvl.3

United States

I just bought the Pro. I view it as an aerial photography platform. So the camera was the most important feature. The Pro has adjustable focus vs. fixed in the Air. It also has a wider aperture which equates to 2/3 of a stop more light. The IQ also seems to be sharper in the pro. This could mainly be due to variable focus though.

There are also a couple other photography related items like barrel distortion and portrait/landscape orientation and a longer focal length that put the Pro ahead of the Air. The one item that the Air has over the Pro is bitrate 100Mbps vs 60Mbps. This should yield a higher quality footage, but it didn't seem to pan out in many of the examples I looked at.

Also, the pro is pretty inexpensive now. I don't think you can beat the value. I bought a refurb for $670.
My choice was based on the camera and price. If you are looking for more flight related specs like speed, sensors, etc., the air would be the better choice.   
2018-4-6
Use props
Tooter Turtle
Second Officer
United States

The Mavic air is Greeeeeeat! says Tony
2018-4-7
Use props
EH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43586 ft

I was on the fence as OP and ended up with the pro. The pro was a better deal for me since I was able to buy the pro with goodies at the price of the air from Costco.
2018-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules