Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans27fb7791
lvl.3
Flight distance : 687320 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi,
We are an aerial service provider based in Singapore. We recently faced a problem with our DJI Phantom 4 Pro, the issue is that there is no video signal on our mobile device after we power up the drone.

The drone was been working fine for almost a year, however this incident happened suddenly after we powered up the drone a few days ago mid way through a video shoot, the drone has also never been crashed before and is in perfect physical condition.

Needless to say i have sent support@dji.com an email, and the service representative mentioned that even though i purchased the drone locally from an authorized dealer, it does not qualify for warranty locally due to the non-global warranty policy. (this is really ridiculous, it is as good as saying there is no warranty!)

So the service representative mentioned that i have been send it to the DJI HK warehouse for inspecting before they can repair it, and i have to bear the shipping cost (my dealer quoted me SGD$150 for this which is insanely expensive!)

I purchased the drone somewhere in end June 2017, so it is still less than a year since it was activated.

Can a DJI representative advise if i will be charged for the repair of the faulty camera on the Phantom 4 Pro after it has been sent back? The service representative handling my case is very unresponsive and slow to reply, i really need help on this.

My case number is: CAS-1622200-M2C7Z8
2018-4-3
Use props
MediaByMarc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 130423 ft
United States

You're not seeing the video signal, but all the other controls work? I had a similar problem with my Inspire 1 where I could control the Inspire but no video signal. It turned out to be the controller itself.
2018-4-3
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

One of the DJI crew will be able to comment on warranty issue but can you give us a bit more information to go on? For example, did you recently upgrade the software, does the hardware appear to work etc?
2018-4-3
Use props
Game_of_Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've bought three drones through Amazon.com - none of them were purchased from the DJI Official Amazon Store - Well, last month I had to have a p4p+ controller AND a mavic air battery replaced under warranty, DJI only asked for my proof of purchase, I sent them a screenshot of my orders and they covered it under manufacturer's warranty in both cases - so it's not that you can only buy from DJI or DJI authorized dealers - just that you MUST have a full proof of purchase as far as I have experienced. Good luck!
2018-4-3
Use props
fans27fb7791
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

MediaByMarc Posted at 2018-4-3 11:07
You're not seeing the video signal, but all the other controls work? I had a similar problem with my Inspire 1 where I could control the Inspire but no video signal. It turned out to be the controller itself.

Unfortunately not the case for mine. I have another P4A and have successfully linked my P4P remote with it, the remote is fine and i get video using the P4A.
2018-4-3
Use props
fans27fb7791
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

sky wombat Posted at 2018-4-3 12:30
One of the DJI crew will be able to comment on warranty issue but can you give us a bit more information to go on? For example, did you recently upgrade the software, does the hardware appear to work etc?

This has been sorted with DJI support, i have provided all of the above you asked me, resulting in them advising me to send it back that is why i have the case number.

The conclusion as of now is that the hardware is faulty and needs to be inspected physically.

My real question here is about the warranty claim procedure, i'am just bummed to know that even when i purchased this drone locally, the local dealer can't arrange to have it fixed in my country of purchase, and even though it needs to be shipped back to the HK facility, they can't even cover the shipping fees.

It is like penalizing the consumer for a defective manufacturer fault, even though the drone is within warranty.

Can a DJI staff please chime in on this?
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans27fb7791 Posted at 2018-4-3 17:38
This has been sorted with DJI support, i have provided all of the above you asked me, resulting in them advising me to send it back that is why i have the case number.

The conclusion as of now is that the hardware is faulty and needs to be inspected physically.

I am terribly sorry for the difficulties that you've been experiencing. Just to clarify, your drone needs to be sent to HK to apply for the warranty service. Since there is no recommended repair center in Singapore, you might need to pay for the repair if you repair the drone in the local dealer.
For the shipping, since we are not able to provide the shipping label for your sending back, so you might need to cover the cost of sending it back. You can ship the drone on your own.
For the drone status, please kindly note that different part may have different warranty period, please refer to the screenshot below. Appreciate your understanding.
sp.png warranty.png
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules