Best OTG cable?
1858 6 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emiliano Achaval
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I'm a new DJI user. BOught Spark just for me! My son has been flying Phantoms for years.... I'm amazed at how easy it is to fly it..  I want to buy the best OTG cable possible. Can anybody recomend one? I bought a cheap one from Amazon, too short and bad conection. Then I ordered 2 adaptors, so I can use my Iphone cord. But the adaptor is also very cheap, wiggles and you loose conection. I would not mind paying $20 or more for a heavy duty well made OTG cable.  Loving my Spark!! Thank for the help! Aloha from Maui
2018-4-4
Use props
MauiDJI
lvl.1

United States

Sorry, this is my first posting... There is a forum question about the same... Someone answered there, I just bought a nice OTG cable. I hope it's a good one, they are all on the cheap side...  Thanks!
2018-4-4
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

What device are you flying your Spark with? Apple/Android? Mobile/tablet?
And unlike Phantoms, the Spark can be flown without an OTG cable. Your phone can just connect to the RC via wifi!
So, it is up to you if you want to buy the OTG. I support the decision to get the cable! Much more reliable.
2018-4-5
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the DJI store at this link.  They are selling their data cables in all three configurations and currently (April 5) you get a free one (two for one!).  I purchased two with lightening and two with micro USB.  They are about 10+ inches long.  I use one with my Mavic Pro and an iPad mini and the other with a Spark and either an iPhone or Huawei X2.

https://store.dji.com/product/rc-cable?vid=21681

Can't do better than, ' made for DJI ' ...
2018-4-5
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

So spark supports otg again?
2018-4-5
Use props
fans3040fc02
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32828 ft
Denmark

No it is not supported. I have tried it, but fx no information about the battery in the setup menu. Maybe more things that doesn't work
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Spark in the Park Posted at 2018-4-5 07:07
So spark supports otg again?

No, the Spark doesn't support OTG connection, thanks!
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules