Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Opinions requested on FW update.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans50b43636
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26161 ft
Canada

Hey folks!  So here is where I'm at.  I was 3.1.13 in my Dji app and had gone 33 weeks without updating.  Unfortunatley I accidently hit the update button when doing some others and now have 3.1.30.  Dji updated my AC to 1.53.0+ when in for a repair.  I had left out the sd card in hopes they would leave it alone, but they updated it anyway.  When it came back I had to update the controller to its current 1.92.

Now I purchased a new battery which requires a fw update.  The firmware on my sd card was too old so here is the question.  Is it best to use and keep the 1.53.0 fw or update everything with the 1.11.20?  Anyone using 1 11.20 and happy with it?
2018-4-4
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You might get better luck if you edit your OP out of 'Videos and Photos' to the section of your drone and tell what you have.
I can figure out from the versions mentioned that it is not the P4P so i can't help beside i think that if it works for you don't update but ignore the new version messages.
It might just be the battery firmware it want to update, this should be safe to do.
2018-4-4
Use props
fans50b43636
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks for the reply.  I was trying to post in the p3 pro/advanced area.  At any rate I decided to go all out update everything and added Litchi for good luck.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

There will be a reminder if the aircraft and battery firmware are not matched. I'd suggest updating to the latest version and check the performance. Feel free to contact us if you encounter any further questions.
2018-4-6
Use props
Danneboyyyy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 664882 ft
Sweden

Hi!
My opinion is that is better to upgrade to the latest firmware if you have the guarante on the drone. I you don't have the latest update the guarante might not be accepted.
Have a nice day!
2018-4-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Danneboyyyy Posted at 2018-4-8 01:23
Hi!
My opinion is that is better to upgrade to the latest firmware if you have the guarante on the drone. I you don't have the latest update the guarante might not be accepted.
Have a nice day!

Warranty and updates are independent creatures. DJI should recall the drones if issues that really demand an update should show up.
Not all have their DJI equipment on the net and does not get any update messages but DJI have the mail from registration and last login from the app if they would need to make a recall.
2018-4-9
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

i am using 1.11.20,works great
2018-4-9
Use props
fans50b43636
lvl.2
Canada

So I basically took all the current updates and firmwares and am happy to report no serious issues.  I have made a couple of test flights with the DJI app and other than the "fly wìth caution warning about interference" it worked just fine.  While flying the signal strength meter showed full bars.  The Litchi app though is fantastic and I really should have bought it a year and a half back when I bought the P3A.  It offers better maps, flight modes etc. So auto updates are turned off all around and hopefully a couple years of trouble free flying lay ahead!
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules