Critical battery/ low voltage warning ?
57464 18 2018-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans832ae5da
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18196 ft
United States

Just started getting this warning and my p3 pro will try to auto land immediately. I have 6 battery’s and it happens regardless of which battery I’m using.  All battery’s show the proper voltage in all cells and the battery level won’t be near low. It won’t do this every flight, but 4 outta 5 probably. I’ve also notice some odd behaviors such as the drone won’t hold steady and will raise and lower altitude randomly.  All my devices have been updated....drone ....battery’s .....controller and app...... please help
2018-4-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
2018-4-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Something going on in a board sounds like.  Better be careful.
2018-4-4
Use props
fans832ae5da
lvl.2
United States

Not sure how to pull my logs, but I’ll figure it out. Hoping nothing is truly wrong , leaving on vacation this weekend and a group is depending on me for all the video.
2018-4-4
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

See my link above for instructions.
2018-4-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Your post is vague on content ....

Can you advise :

1. Are all batts charged fully immediately before flight ?
2. What are your settings ? Low battery warning ... Critical battery ?
3. How long is flight before you get warning ?
4. Are you aggressive flyer or gentle ? This alters capable flight time by as much as 4 - 5mins ...

Have you cleaned battery and AC contacts (there are 2 sets of two) ...

Nigel
2018-4-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you be more specific about the battery issue? Have you tried to discharge or recharge the batteries fully? Also, the drone may be not steady if there is not enough GPS signal. Make sure you are in an open location and calibrate the IMU to see whether it helps.
2018-4-5
Use props
fans832ae5da
lvl.2
United States

I have six batteries and everyone gave me this warning, all batteries was fully charged. I was not flying aggressively at all, I was just taking some basic photos at low altitudes while hovering.  I looked at the battery screen when error occurred and all cells showed equal and proper voltage and battery was at or above 60%. My battery settings are at 30% for low battery and 10% for critical. This message is critical voltage .  I’ve been flying for 3 years and consider myself extremely experienced with proper fights practice.
2018-4-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

fans832ae5da Posted at 2018-4-6 03:34
I have six batteries and everyone gave me this warning, all batteries was fully charged. I was not flying aggressively at all, I was just taking some basic photos at low altitudes while hovering.  I looked at the battery screen when error occurred and all cells showed equal and proper voltage and battery was at or above 60%. My battery settings are at 30% for low battery and 10% for critical. This message is critical voltage .  I’ve been flying for 3 years and consider myself extremely experienced with proper fights practice.

No-one is questioning your 'time served' .....

Your first opening post was vague and I thought it better to ask about settings etc.

Now we have something better to work with and think about.

OK : If you are showing 60% battery level - then there should be no Critical Warning. The only general warning you may get at such level is if the AC is further away from home than that level calculates to get home. You would have had RTH warning already though.

I am wondering if the contacts are faulty and battery is not always cleanly connected ... if faulty connection that stays always connected but has moments of high resistance - that could trigger warnings.

But to be honest - I have a gut feeling that somethings wrong with the AC ... dodgy contacts, board or something. I don't think its a calibration issue as they are more to do with stability and interpretation of flight commands.

I hate to say this - but I think it may be a case of having DJI techs look at it if general cleaning up of AC battery contacts doesn't help.

Nigel
2018-4-6
Use props
fans832ae5da
lvl.2

solentlife Posted at 2018-4-6 04:03
No-one is questioning your 'time served' .....

Your first opening post was vague and I thought it better to ask about settings etc.

I appreciate your help, my gut was thinking the same way.
2018-4-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

One of the biggest problems with these models - are the intricate and combination electronics that go into them. So often people post that they crash. They replace an item - but still it does not work correctly. We do not have the diagnostic tools that can interrogate these machines.

I look upon the time to fix if I do it myself and the likelihood of not being successful vs getting DJI to look it over and quote for repair.  I could be successful - but given the number of posts by others - I have my doubts. If I give it DJI - its not cheap I accept, but I get a working machine back and a G'tee.

Your unstable flight character could be due to battery problems ... if you have faulty contacts and intermittent power delivery - then flight is going to be extremely difficult and strange.

Nigel
2018-4-6
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I hope I don't get into too much trouble, but I like the website AirData.  I don't pay for the service, I consume the free portion.  If you give them your DJI credentials they will load your flight records and give you free detailed info on your battery cells, battery temps, and voltage taken several times per second during the flight.  Like I said, I really like it and it gives more flight info too.  I hope this isn't some sort of breach for the forum, just some advice that i have found VERY helpful.  Good luck.
2018-4-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2018-4-6 07:11
I hope I don't get into too much trouble, but I like the website AirData.  I don't pay for the service, I consume the free portion.  If you give them your DJI credentials they will load your flight records and give you free detailed info on your battery cells, battery temps, and voltage taken several times per second during the flight.  Like I said, I really like it and it gives more flight info too.  I hope this isn't some sort of breach for the forum, just some advice that i have found VERY helpful.  Good luck.

It's likely not a breach of anything since it seems DJI is allowing them to connect to their back-end to access the flight data.
2018-4-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Airdata is good - most are aware of it.

But no online diagnostic can supply whole story of reasons for events. They indicate or point in the direction of.

Here we have a model that is acting extremely strange - for all his 6 batterys. That tells me its likely to be the AC. Unless of course he has 6 badly made clone batterys - which I doubt !

Nigel
2018-4-6
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-4-6 07:44
Airdata is good - most are aware of it.

But no online diagnostic can supply whole story of reasons for events. They indicate or point in the direction of.

Point taken.  1 is an anomaly.... 6... that's a very different story.  I guess I only pointed him to the website because I find it so helpful to know what's going on with my batteries.  It gives me a level of understanding and information I don't get from DJI.  I am a database developer.  I love working with large datasets, and I wish DJI opened up it's data better.  On a scale of 1-10 it's about a 3 with me... It's there... but not a huge issue.
2018-4-6
Use props
fansec8a6291
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359452 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started getting the same critical low battery warning with my p3 yesterday. It showed the warning and tried to land immediately with 3 batteries still showing 90% charge (on the screen, and actually fully charged the night before. Have you figured out what the issue was?

Thanks
Lovive
2018-12-2
Use props
fans832ae5da
lvl.2
United States

fansec8a6291 Posted at 12-2 06:47
I started getting the same critical low battery warning with my p3 yesterday. It showed the warning and tried to land immediately with 3 batteries still showing 90% charge (on the screen, and actually fully charged the night before. Have you figured out what the issue was?

Thanks

It’s seemed to happen more so if the batteries had been setting around for a little while and if the temperature was cold outside. After I would charge the batteries back up they seemed better but overall I have not found out what the cause is yet.
2018-12-2
Use props
fansec8a6291
lvl.1
Flight distance : 359452 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was cold-ish yesterday (Southern California cold). I’ll put everything back on the chargers and give them another chance on a warm day. I’ll try to clean the contacts as well.

Thanks for your share.

Lovive
2018-12-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Azerbaijan

One thing to look at ... once all powered up etc... and lets say you take off into a hover ... then go into battery menu and look at the cell voltages ... the individuals - not the total. You may have a cell that is going down faster than the others ... usually you will get a Cell Error message - but if its going down very fast to critical then it may bypass that warning ...
But again .. why all 6 batterys ?? Indicating its an AC fault

Nigel
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules