DJI Pilot for Windows
8228 16 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

Is there any plan for a DJI Pilot for Windows?
2015-5-7
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Ha, you just had to throw some gasoline onto the whole "taste great, less filling" argument between Andriod and iOS, huh?

Actually, I was wondering the same thing.  lol
2015-5-7
Use props
blauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209403 ft
United States

I wish they would, then I wouldnt have to trade in my Dell Venue 8 Pro
2015-5-7
Use props
yale
lvl.1

United States

Does Microsoft still try to make phones? Lol, jk
2015-5-7
Use props
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

yale@yalewall.c Posted at 2015-5-8 11:09
Does Microsoft still try to make phones? Lol, jk

It is interesting that Windows is good enough to update the firmware but not to pilot the craft.
2015-5-7
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

sofagbem Posted at 2015-5-8 11:55
It is interesting that Windows is good enough to update the firmware but not to pilot the craft.

well, MS has always been very good at constantly updating software ....
2015-5-7
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

The Surface 3 seems like a great device for this.
2015-5-7
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

coreynach@gmail Posted at 2015-5-8 15:24
The Surface 3 seems like a great device for this.

NO -- IOS or Android only I'm afraid  no support for any other platform
2015-5-7
Use props
coreynach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208589 ft
United States

Exib Posted at 2015-5-8 15:46
NO -- IOS or Android only I'm afraid  no support for any other platform

Heh... I know.... I use Ipad Air... I was just continuing the logic of the thread... They started by asking if there was a Pilot app for Windows, ppl implied "no" because most of us know there isn't one, but then other said they hope DJI makes one in the future.... I just carried on these thoughs by suggesting that if they did the Surface 3 would be a nice form factor for the P3 TX... as far as it's a tablet size, probably has enough power, and might fit in the TX....

So again, I know the surface 3 doesn't work (there is no Microsoft or windows app), but the surface 3 devices my be a reason for DJI to add a windows app in the future....

In either case, I have my iPad Air, and am happy, and could care less if they released a windows app.
2015-5-8
Use props
tchavalas
lvl.4

United States

Windows will never happen.

2015-5-8
Use props
Cacc
lvl.3

Canada

Soon it might not be a concern. There has been a lot of talk about Microsoft creating a way to run Android apps on their devices. Of course this won't happen until Windows 10, but it will happen eventually!
2015-5-8
Use props
sofagbem
lvl.2

United States

It is a shame really, you can do so much more with a full featured application versus an app.
2015-5-8
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

sofagbem Posted at 2015-5-9 08:20
It is a shame really, you can do so much more with a full featured application versus an app.

My argument was going to be that I didn't want something infinitely bigger than a tablet. However, I'm leaning more and more toward a bona-fide ground station!
2015-5-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

coreynach@gmail Posted at 2015-5-8 18:03
Heh... I know.... I use Ipad Air... I was just continuing the logic of the thread... They started b ...

I have seen insider's report that Windows 10 will support iSO and android apps upon release. I am running the Tech preview version right now.
2015-5-15
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Now that windows 10 is out - does it support the DJI app?
2015-9-11
Use props
mrapl1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-11 20:29
Now that windows 10 is out - does it support the DJI app?

No, there is no Windows app but........ if you really really want to run it in Windows, then might I suggest this...  http://www.zdnet.com/article/run ... ws-10-with-amiduos/  It is AMIDuOS and it uses virtualization technology to run the Android app under Windows and I have tried it on my dual boot tablet and it runs, only problem is that in Windows mode the tablet won't see the craft on the USB so that sort of makes it a moot point, but hey, give it a try, who knows, might work for you.
2015-9-11
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

mrapl1 Posted at 2015-9-11 21:00
No, there is no Windows app but........ if you really really want to run it in Windows, the ...

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me - but I'm more than happy with my iPad and iPhone. It's just that I'd heard for those that are interested that Google Chrome will run android apps under windows - perhaps without access to USBs also???
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules