OSMO+ NO CAMERA FEED OR RECORDING
1428 6 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nomad-MAT
lvl.1
Zambia

I have a new Osmo+ and have only used it a couple times. On both occasions it worked great and produced stunning video.

However, just a few days ago I tried picking it up for another video shoot but wasn’t able to. The live camera feed is down and the unit won’t record or take pics. Also, nothing really happens when I attempt to load past firmware updates from the SD card. I tried pressing the trigger simultaneously with the power and shutter buttons but to no avail. It just doesn’t access the card. Also, I noticed that the “camera status indicator” is a solid yellow while my “system status indicator” remains a solid green. I’m not sure if this means that the Osmo is not reading the SD card?  I’ve tried five different cards INCLUDING the very one that used to work in my unit.

I CAN still connect to my mobile device and I do still have control of the gimble.

Please advise.
9A850DD1-6036-4AE0-B234-EC35B36592FA.jpeg
A388C3E6-D0E7-4D81-BE9C-3F973DAE785A.jpeg
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mat, solid yellow on the left indicator means no SD card or SD card error, have you tried to format the SD card? If the issue persists, it may be the issue of SD card slot, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation.
2018-4-6
Use props
Nomad-MAT
lvl.1
Zambia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-6 02:00
Hi Mat, solid yellow on the left indicator means no SD card or SD card error, have you tried to format the SD card? If the issue persists, it may be the issue of SD card slot, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation.

Hi Mindy, Yes, I've formatted the SD cards and it still remains at a solid yellow. What is the next step to have DJI look at it?
2018-4-6
Use props
Nomad-MAT
lvl.1
United States

Also, would the SD card issue be the cause to the infamous “black screen” issue that many seem to have? There’s no camera feed from the Osmo to the mobile phone but there is a great connection and complete gimble control.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nomad-MAT Posted at 2018-4-6 22:57
Also, would the SD card issue be the cause to the infamous “black screen” issue that many seem to have? There’s no camera feed from the Osmo to the mobile phone but there is a great connection and complete gimble control.

Actually, without the SD card, there should be image transmission, I would recommend to reset Osmo+ firstly, please check the video below:
Besides, please make sure the DJI Go 4 has been closed completely when you run DJI Go, and please make sure the contact in the handle is clean enough just in case there is contact issue.
If the issue persists, please send in for further evaluation, here is the link to fill in online repair request form: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-4-7
Use props
Nomad-MAT
lvl.1
Zambia

Hi Mindy,

Let me give you an update with what I tried so far. Note that I have the Osmo+

1. I can't get any live camera feed from the mobile device to the unit. Even when removing my SD card, I still have no video feed BUT I do have complete gamble control.

2. I've tried formatting various SD cards to manually update the Osmo's firmware (It says I have v1.11.2.70 but I think this is the update for the original Osmo and NOT the Osmo+) I can't successfully access my SD cards to run the correct firmware v1.6.1.00.

3. I tried the Wi-Fi reset from the video you showed me and that went through OK but didn't help the problem. I also ran the 3 button reset to access the SD card update but it doesn't work. The system status indicator flashes green but the camera status indicator remains solid yellow without change.

ALL THAT SAID... Ive been reading various posts on the internet and do you think I had a firmware update fail and it messed up the unit? If so, how would I recover from this if its messed up my ability to access SD cards? Is there anyway I can update the Osmo via my Mac computer through the USB cable directly to my Osmo?
2018-4-8
Use props
Nomad-MAT
lvl.1
Zambia

Hello, anyone there?  

Is there anyway I can update the Osmo via my Mac computer through the USB cable directly to my Osmo?
2018-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules