New P4A +, Firmware??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should receive my new P4A+ tomorrow, I'm not new to DJI drones but was wondering if I'm ok to update straight to the latest firmware or just leave as factory?

Also, seeing as it's the plus model can I install Litchi on the built in screen?
2018-4-5
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could upgrade to the latest firmware or keep the current firmware. It's up to you.

Litchi cannot be installed on the P4A+ remote controller.
2018-4-5
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for that, is the latest P4A+ FW stable?  
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Helidan, I'd suggest updating to the latest firmware, you can find the release note of P4A here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
Feel free to contact us if you encounter any difficulties in the new firmware.
2018-4-5
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

i would suggest you try it out as is come, if anything strange is going on you won't know if it is the update or not if you didn't test it first.
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always update to the latest version - it's your drone/decision.
2018-4-6
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-6 00:22
i would suggest you try it out as is come, if anything strange is going on you won't know if it is the update or not if you didn't test it first.

Good advice!
2018-4-6
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-5 19:17
Hello Helidan, I'd suggest updating to the latest firmware, you can find the release note of P4A here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
Feel free to contact us if you encounter any difficulties in the new firmware.

So the P4A doesn't see frequent updates then...
2018-4-6
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

helidan Posted at 2018-4-6 01:07

I'm running the latest FW since Aug last year when i got mine. No big issues with that FW except  a couple with the gimbal. 1: It gives a strange noise. 2: The horizon get out of sync after a while in flight. Both described here: Gimbal issues
2018-4-6
Use props
djiuser_iybUbokoJUx9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Apparently they are working on new firmware with piano mode coming soon
2018-4-6
Use props
djiuser_iybUbokoJUx9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sorry pano mode
2018-4-6
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

djiuser_iybUbokoJUx9 Posted at 2018-4-6 10:01
Apparently they are working on new firmware with piano mode coming soon

Fingers crossed that it just play as it should for you all when DJI get it tuned.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

helidan Posted at 2018-4-6 01:07

Currently, P4A only supports the frequency of 2.4GHz, we'll release on our website if there are more features.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Håkan K Posted at 2018-4-6 09:23
I'm running the latest FW since Aug last year when i got mine. No big issues with that FW except  a couple with the gimbal. 1: It gives a strange noise. 2: The horizon get out of sync after a while in flight. Both described here: Gimbal issues

Håkan, I've read your comments in another post, The beta is available in your account now, please have a try when you received it.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Yeah, our engineers are working on the pano feature. We will release on our website as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your patience.
2018-4-7
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

I'm in a similar boat: Just bought a used P4A that's on firmware .118

is there somewhere to find what each of the updates offered? The machine is flying well and seems stable, but not sure if I'm missing out on features with newer versions. My only concern is image quality, I don't use any of the special modes, like tracking etc. Have the camera settings been improved (for the better) in any subsequent versions? (I've been burnt before with Mavic updates making images worse...)
2018-4-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

FlyLight Posted at 2018-4-8 15:01
I'm in a similar boat: Just bought a used P4A that's on firmware .118

is there somewhere to find what each of the updates offered? The machine is flying well and seems stable, but not sure if I'm missing out on features with newer versions. My only concern is image quality, I don't use any of the special modes, like tracking etc. Have the camera settings been improved (for the better) in any subsequent versions? (I've been burnt before with Mavic updates making images worse...)

You can check out the release notes under downloads on the product page but unfortunately not all changes are listed in the notes as also detailed explanation of the changes are omitted.
2018-4-9
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks KedDK, tried that. Pretty slim on info there.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules