So Long Nvidia Shield - Hello iPad Air 2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
talenter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125164 ft
Norway

My brother became the happy owner of a Phantom 3 Professional today! Initially he was planning to get away with an Android based Nvidia Shield tablet in order to save money. After doing the required updates to both the copter and the remote, he hooked up the Nvidia, eager to try his stuff out. Well, after starting up DJI Pilot and using it for about 30 seconds (with no picture, I might add) the Nvidia froze completely and refused to cooperate. Not very promising. Luckily I had an iPad Air 2 lying around and we tried that instead. Everything suddenly fell into place and all worked beautifully.

To me it proves one more time that an iPad is the way to go. And as a bonus you get the flight simulator too.

So that's it: Android 0 - iPad - 1

I guess my brother won't look back after this!

2015-5-7
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Some ppl have reboots with the air2, it seems its not perfect als well. Blade strike wrote about that problem. I hope they fixed it
2015-5-7
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Galaxy Note 3 with Custom Rom (Nightly Cyanogenmod 12) Yes I fly very expensive drone with unstable operating system. Still works smoothly.

Android 1 - iPad - 1
2015-5-7
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

iPad mini 2 worked better than moto G

iPad 2. Android 1
2015-5-7
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm an Apple guy, but the Nvidia Shield is a very good tablet.  On ANY device, Android or Apple, if you don't get video when connected, unplug the cable from the back of the remote and reconnect.
2015-5-8
Use props
FatLappy
lvl.1

Australia

bobasbury Posted at 2015-5-8 22:06
I'm an Apple guy, but the Nvidia Shield is a very good tablet.  On ANY device, Android or Apple, if  ...

Samsung Galaxy S6 Egde working well (remember gpu is driving a high res screen on the Edge!)

Android 2 iPad 2
2015-5-8
Use props
jon.jongodfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The top tip shared on other threads is to turn OFF the auto-connect to other WiFi networks.  I had issues with my Nvidia Shield AND iPad before I did this.  Actually I just switch the wifi off when I'm using it and it's worked great ever since.  Nice thing is Nvidia Shield has HDMI out....
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules