1413 7 2018-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KrisTM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670994 ft
Australia

Hello,

Having issues with my mavic not flying straight (it seems to fly in curves). It seems that as the aircraft accellerates yaw is induced and the aircraft starts to travel in a curve. It will drift forward when traveling sideways right and back when left. I also seems to have the yaw issues when stationary but its hard to tell if its the gimble or the unit from the video feed. Also hard to tell when viually looking at the unit from a short distance. I also have the massive drifts to the side problem when braking hard. It will do all of this into the wind so its not as if its only enviromental factors causing the issues. It has done this from day one out of the box ive just never really looked into fixing it as I just coped to get the photos required to complete my work.

Yes I have recalibrated everything a number of times.
Running latest firmeware.

Can somebody have a look at my flight logs and give me an idea of what is going on please?

I have uploading a number of them to the following dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4re7s ... DuUvnuhdE8jYEa?dl=0

Thanks in advance

Kris

2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Kris, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Thanks!
2018-4-5
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey Kris - i would recommend that you concentrate and remain focused on resolving this issue, most especially if your warrentee is still valid and generally (if it has expired) because even a good pilot will have higher risk with equipment that does not function normally/as expected. Perhaps if you can make a video flying along a road with painted lines and showing yr stick inputs it can help to confirm your problem although short of sending it back (considering you have done recalibrations and running latest firmware etc)
i cant think of anything else to suggest as a remedy to your situation.
No one likes sending their drone back but sometimes it is the better thing to do. on the face of it ( if your analysis is correct and if you are not mistakenly causing the drift your self) then it sounds like a warentee issue - mostly it seems that dji is pretty upstanding in this regard and turn around times are not traumatic.
if you have care refresh and you did not crash your drone (anyway you say it happened straight out the box) then i would be sure to list is as a warentee issue vs a care refresh claim. good luck - get it sorted - a stitch in time saves nine.
2018-4-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For drift issues: -

Do a chilled IMU calibration
Change the props with new ones
Keep away from magnetic interference
Fly at lower altitudes in fast winds
2018-4-6
Use props
KrisTM
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-5 23:25
Hi Kris, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Thanks!

Nope no crashes. I have purchased the care refresh too when new.
2018-4-6
Use props
KrisTM
lvl.2
Australia

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2018-4-5 23:48
hey Kris - i would recommend that you concentrate and remain focused on resolving this issue, most especially if your warrentee is still valid and generally (if it has expired) because even a good pilot will have higher risk with equipment that does not function normally/as expected. Perhaps if you can make a video flying along a road with painted lines and showing yr stick inputs it can help to confirm your problem although short of sending it back (considering you have done recalibrations and running latest firmware etc)
i cant think of anything else to suggest as a remedy to your situation.
No one likes sending their drone back but sometimes it is the better thing to do. on the face of it ( if your analysis is correct and if you are not mistakenly causing the drift your self) then it sounds like a warentee issue - mostly it seems that dji is pretty upstanding in this regard and turn around times are not traumatic.

Hi. Thank you very much for the reply. I purchased the drone in December so it should still be under warranty I believe. 6 months is correct isn't it? I think you may be correct and I just have to bite the bullet and send it back. Depressing really. Thank you for the tip on making sure its done under a warranty and not the care refresh. Does this mean the replacement unit will be used as opposed to a refreshed unit?
2018-4-6
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

KrisTM Posted at 2018-4-6 03:23
Hi. Thank you very much for the reply. I purchased the drone in December so it should still be under warranty I believe. 6 months is correct isn't it? I think you may be correct and I just have to bite the bullet and send it back. Depressing really. Thank you for the tip on making sure its done under a warranty and not the care refresh. Does this mean the replacement unit will be used as opposed to a refreshed unit?

battery is 6 months - drone is 1 year.
my personal business sense tells me that if i bought or a client bought a new drone from me and it was replaced under warentee that it should be replaced with a new drone NOT a refreshed drone.
If returning under care refresh policy i would expect a refreshed drone to be returned to me - if the original could not be fixed.

Before sending your drone in take pictures of the serial numbers on drone and battery and take some all round pictures of your drone just for peace of mind that if it comes back with some issue that you have photo records to refer to.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

KrisTM Posted at 2018-4-6 03:18
Nope no crashes. I have purchased the care refresh too when new.

Thanks for your confirmation. Please contact our support to start a case number and send it in for full diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support. Thanks!
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules