ND filters for mavic Pro darker than 64
1595 11 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JensIR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207631 ft
  • >>>

Is anyone aware of any ND filters for the Mavic Pro darker than ND64?
Have searched and found nothing.
I have a Polarpro ND64, but for really bright sunny snow conditions like I have been experiencing lately it still does not lower the shutter speed as low as desireable, could use ND128 or even ND256 it seems.

2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I forget the brand but I have seen an ND1000 - check Amazon
2018-4-6
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Freewell sells ND1000 filters. I've never seen others in between ND64 and ND1000.

https://freewellgear.com/dji-mav ... -nd1000-filter.html

You can also find those on Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01N2JX72R
2018-4-6
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-4-6 03:11
I forget the brand but I have seen an ND1000 - check Amazon

Thanks A CW, I found the ND1000 on Amazon.
Now ND1000 might be a bit too dark for my applications, but it might be useful under the most extreme bright conditions.
Unfortunately, Amazon is not always a convenient purchasing channel for those of us located outside of the US. In my previous experience many items either do not ship to Norway or the shipping rates are exorbiant. May have to look for the same item on Ebay maybe. For some reason shipping from China is often free while shipping the same item from the US costs more than the item itself.
2018-4-6
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>

msinger Posted at 2018-4-6 03:17
Freewell sells ND1000 filters. I've never seen others in between ND64 and ND1000.

https://freewellgear.com/dji-mavic-accessories/111-dji-mavic-nd1000-filter.html

Thanks msinger, will look into the offer from Freewell.
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, the ND1000 is for long exposure photography more than reducing shutter speeds without over exposure for video but that’s what these things can go up to. An ND64 is 6 stops - you must be flying in a very bright location to need 7 or more!
2018-4-6
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-4-6 03:34
Yeah, the ND1000 is for long exposure photography more than reducing shutter speeds without over exposure for video but that’s what these things can go up to. An ND64 is 6 stops - you must be flying in a very bright location to need 7 or more!

Bright conditions indeed. With lots of snow and clear bright spring sun in the mountains the light can be extremely intense. In the recent weeks, even with the ND64 filter the shutter speed has often been in the range of 2-5 times shorter than optimum.
Not to speak of the problems seeing anything on the tablet screen even with a sun hood ........
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow! That is bright! Be cool to see some of the footage
2018-4-6
Use props
JensIR
lvl.3
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-4-6 04:11
Wow! That is bright! Be cool to see some of the footage

Hopefully I will soon work up the courage to edit some of the winter footage I have shot in the last few months and post it publicly. So far i feel like a complete noob with this whole video thing, I find it extremely challenging to fly in a way that will produce footage worthwhile watching, don't want post until I feel I have something that would be interesting for others. There are enough look-I-can-shoot-a-video-from-up-high footage without any real content out there already. Also, video editing is new to me, so still learing how to do that.
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Look forward to it
2018-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JensIR Posted at 2018-4-6 05:41
Hopefully I will soon work up the courage to edit some of the winter footage I have shot in the last few months and post it publicly. So far i feel like a complete noob with this whole video thing, I find it extremely challenging to fly in a way that will produce footage worthwhile watching, don't want post until I feel I have something that would be interesting for others. There are enough look-I-can-shoot-a-video-from-up-high footage without any real content out there already. Also, video editing is new to me, so still learing how to do that.

Just fly slow and you won't notice the stuttering too much (if that is what you are worried about)
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JensIR Posted at 2018-4-6 05:41

Looking forward to seeing some great footages from you, at the same time, please take good care of your drone and fly safely.
2018-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules