Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My first proper vid....
574 14 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

.... rather than one of the 30 second ones that the DJI Go app makes for you.

This was done using Shotcut, and has had no effects applied whatsoever - just spliced together with an audio track added in. The first geese fly-over is slightly choppy (the only obvious issue i can see with it). The second geese fly-over was scary; worried that they might take off en masse, and you can see that one of them tries to splash my Mavic Air! But it was sweet-as in the end.

Quite happy with how it turned out as a first attempt. Shotcut seems pretty decent for open-source, and fairly easy to use.

Still getting to grips with not panning too quickly and flying smoothly, but any feedback welcome!

Lake Rotokaeo, Minogue Park, Hamilton, New Zealand;

2018-4-6
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Very nice video, great footage. You got a bit too close to those birds lol (I don't get on with birds) I enjoyed it thanks for sharing.
2018-4-6
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Very nice video! Luckily the geese didn't take off
Thanks for sharing.
2018-4-6
Use props
TFile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
United Kingdom

Nice one, great edit.
2018-4-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done.
2018-4-6
Use props
Captain Mal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

Great video! I love that these drones can go so high, but the close to the surface shots you got here are really cool.
2018-4-6
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey acnenz - good first video - sound track is very important - i had to turn the sound on this clip off
2018-4-6
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Excellent video.
I enjoyed how you skimmed over the water . Thought maybe the geese would get skittish and take to flight.
The area really looked like a nice place to fly.  
2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent work!   
2018-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Nicely done for a first vid
2018-4-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video.
Love these top down shots!
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Nice video, the scenery is very beautiful, enjoy it.
2018-4-6
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Great video, nice to see that those birds don't mind the drone one bit.
Only one thing I'd do, is a fly a little slower to make it more cinematic.
2018-4-7
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Nice video, really. You are very brave to fly over and around all the geese. They could easily have put an end to your drone.
2018-4-7
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

Thanks for all the feedback. I will definitely work on trying to be smoother with my movements, panning etc. Bekaru, I know exactly what you mean about the music! - always liked that piece, and it’s called “God moving over the face of the waters”, so it seemed appropriate. Understand that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea tho

And yeah, getting that close to the geese was a concern. I had done a few test fly-bys, and they seemed quite docile, so I figured it’d be okay (thankfully it was).

It’s a nice little spot, and very cool that’s it’s right in the middle of a built up suburban area. There’s also a BMX track, playground and a netball centre with 21 courts as part of that particular park, so it’s really popular. Next time I’ll see if I can get some action footage of the guys using the BMX track - could make for a fun video!
2018-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules