39607 29 2018-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3119777 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

About 3 to 4 weeks ago the video signal from my Phantom 4 started to stutter. Every now and then the image freezes for one second or becomes green. This way I can not do my work safely. Meanwhile, many attempts have been made to solve it nothing works.
I use the Ipad mini 4 with
IOS 11.2.6
DJI GO 4 APP ver: 4.2.8
Firmware Phantom 4: 2.00.0700.
Remote: 1.9.3 It happens one time more than the other time. Where does not matter. Before the problem, I could easily fly 1 Km without a video stutter.
Now it is even a few meters away from me.
I tryed Re binde remot and Phantom|  Not difference.
Reset my Ipad | Not difference
Did all update| Not difference
with video chace on back ground off| Not difference
Wifi and celular off| Not difference
Other Cable | Not difference
And more. I see this problem too much on the forum.
So my question. What is Dji going to do ubout this????????
Or is someone  smarter than them and know what to do to fix this??

HELP please
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Reno, just to verify, does the issue appears in every flight? Did you check the image transmission settings when the issue appears? We will appreciate if you can offer some screen recording for better assistance, thanks in advance!
2018-4-6
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-6 20:02
Hello Reno, just to verify, does the issue appears in every flight? Did you check the image transmission settings when the issue appears? We will appreciate if you can offer some screen recording for better assistance, thanks in advance!

hi,
I have my image transmision on auto. I can not set it on Manual.  This was no problem before. It seems to use chanel 15 alwayse. | no problem before

How can i make screen recordings?
2018-4-6
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Reno Maenhout Posted at 2018-4-6 21:50
hi,
I have my image transmision on auto. I can not set it on Manual.  This was no problem before. It seems to use chanel 15 alwayse. | no problem before

Ow sorry , yes every flight. not always the same.
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reno Maenhout Posted at 2018-4-6 21:53
Ow sorry , yes every flight. not always the same.

You may get a better tutorial on screen recording from Apple support. I'll attach the link for your reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

Also, does the issue only appears in this iPad? Have you changed to another recommended mobile device to verify?
2018-4-9
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-9 01:07
You may get a better tutorial on screen recording from Apple support. I'll attach the link for your reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207935

Also, does the issue only appears in this iPad? Have you changed to another recommended mobile device to verify?

Hi,
Thanks.
I have called some dji importer. He recomended me to set my Ipad region to us Englisch.
this way I can swits HD to manual.
Strance thing is that after that, the problem was gone.  Good video even til 2Km.

Until this morning.  
it is not so bad as first but not goot anymore to. Have to try again tomorow.
hope this helps others longer than it helped me.
PS/
Now there is the apple update to 11.3.  What is the experiens of you all? can it make my video problem worse or has someone better video after s update.
greeting.  
2018-4-20
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Reno Maenhout Posted at 2018-4-20 10:33
Hi,
Thanks.
I have called some dji importer. He recomended me to set my Ipad region to us Englisch.

I have the same issues with the Mini4 since some update last fall. It became unusable for me. It is on the latest iOS update.
I even did a factory reset, have no other app than DJI Go4 besides the preloaded ones.
And I followed these guidelines: http://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/install-dji-go-on-an-apple-tablet-or-phone-step-by-step-guide.34

Nothing worked for me. I'm back on Android (after some not so successful experience with the Nvidia Shield):
I'm using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 now - that works perfectly.
2018-4-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Reno Maenhout Posted at 2018-4-20 10:33
Hi,
Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to us. Our engineers are keeping working on the compatibility issue. More samples are welcomed for further improvement.
2018-4-23
Use props
marcotoso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 471066 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-23 04:27
Thanks for getting back to us. Our engineers are keeping working on the compatibility issue. More samples are welcomed for further improvement.

Hi, Susan.
I have encountered the same problem. I already researched the forum and I have seen that several users have encountered the same problem. I have a Phanton 4, after the change in 2017, this problem has been occurring anywhere, like, city, farm, beach, and others, I've tried everything that was possible to do, update IMU, compass firmware, and did not solve the problem. When you are filming, it increases the problem. When you take a picture, it takes about 5 seconds to return the screen. the higher the resolution of the photo or video, the greater the problem.
and the message "strong interference detected. Be careful when fjyimg long distances" continues at the start time, work with images and videos, and it is very difficult to work with DJI equipment, follow the images of the problems encountered, would like a solution . I am at your disposal for any doubt I await your return. thank you.

Marco A. Toso
Curitba / Paraná / Brazil

2018-4-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

marcotoso Posted at 2018-4-24 07:18
Hi, Susan.
I have encountered the same problem. I already researched the forum and I have seen that several users have encountered the same problem. I have a Phanton 4, after the change in 2017, this problem has been occurring anywhere, like, city, farm, beach, and others, I've tried everything that was possible to do, update IMU, compass firmware, and did not solve the problem. When you are filming, it increases the problem. When you take a picture, it takes about 5 seconds to return the screen. the higher the resolution of the photo or video, the greater the problem.
and the message "strong interference detected. Be careful when fjyimg long distances" continues at the start time, work with images and videos, and it is very difficult to work with DJI equipment, follow the images of the problems encountered, would like a solution . I am at your disposal for any doubt I await your return. thank you.

Marcotoso, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the OS version? Are you taking JPEG or RAW+JPEG? Time might be different if you take different formats of pictures or videos, this is normal.

Regarding the interference issue, I'd suggest flying in open outdoor within the interference to see whether it remains.

As for the green issue, it is related to the mobile device, please try to change another recommended mobile device to verify if applicable.
2018-4-27
Use props
marcotoso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 471066 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-27 01:34
Marcotoso, may I know which mobile device do you use and what's the OS version? Are you taking JPEG or RAW+JPEG? Time might be different if you take different formats of pictures or videos, this is normal.

Regarding the interference issue, I'd suggest flying in open outdoor within the interference to see whether it remains.

Hi Susan ...

my device is a mini ipad 2, 16gb ios version 11.3.1, use exclusively for phanton 4. when using JPEG or JPEG + RAW, the only difference is the delay the higher the quality, the longer the delay, the same thing in the video.
interference regardless of where you are.
as for the mobile device by the comments of other users in the forum, are of several devices. I already tested it with sansung S6, and the problem also occurs. I was able to observe the inconstancy of changeover mode channel in the auto function, I already tried to fix a channel, but the problem occurs, if I need more information I am available.
2018-4-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

marcotoso Posted at 2018-4-28 10:51
Hi Susan ...

my device is a mini ipad 2, 16gb ios version 11.3.1, use exclusively for phanton 4. when using JPEG or JPEG + RAW, the only difference is the delay the higher the quality, the longer the delay, the same thing in the video.

Thanks for the clarification. The latest DJI GO 4 requires more powerful mobile devices. Please try to enable the airplane mode, disable the video cache to see whether it helps.
2018-5-4
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

marcotoso Posted at 2018-4-28 10:51
Hi Susan ...

my device is a mini ipad 2, 16gb ios version 11.3.1, use exclusively for phanton 4. when using JPEG or JPEG + RAW, the only difference is the delay the higher the quality, the longer the delay, the same thing in the video.

DJI GO needs to work with powerful devices. I use Ipad Air and it works nice.
2018-5-4
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Now tried it all. Still Video down is but. I can not do my work this wai.
Can i be sure of good video when i buy a CRYSTALSKY monitor???
Only thing that keeps mee from that is: I also use autopilot from Hangar and Drone deploy.
Does that work too ?????

Thanks
2018-5-6
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

MichealMedia Posted at 2018-5-4 02:18
DJI GO needs to work with powerful devices. I use Ipad Air and it works nice.

Hi,Do you use the ipad air or air 2?
2018-5-7
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Still trying things to solve the problem. I did the bench test. on my I pad mini 4.
It is still preforming better than the average Ipad mini 4, so I do not think the Ipad is the problem.
Yes it is not as fast as the new pro version. But it worked fine before.
Still hope help comes soon......

2018-5-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Reno Maenhout Posted at 2018-5-8 22:29
Still trying things to solve the problem. I did the bench test. on my I pad mini 4.
It is still preforming better than the average Ipad mini 4, so I do not think the Ipad is the problem.
Yes it is not as fast as the new pro version. But it worked fine before.

Benchmark tests do not prove anything. The only test is how well a device performs with the DJI Go app.
2018-5-8
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-8 22:44
Benchmark tests do not prove anything. The only test is how well a device performs with the DJI Go app.

I Know the only test that counts is with the DJI GO 4 app.  It is for Susan, DJI  and others her information to hopefully get it to work again.
Just wondering..... If you do not have this issue, What device are you using, with what oss e.a.
Now more than a month not able to fly good and safe.

Thanks
2018-5-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Reno Maenhout Posted at 2018-5-9 05:14
I Know the only test that counts is with the DJI GO 4 app.  It is for Susan, DJI  and others her information to hopefully get it to work again.
Just wondering..... If you do not have this issue, What device are you using, with what oss e.a.
Now more than a month not able to fly good and safe.

I have a P3P with an iPad Air 2, but I have not updated the firmware since 2016, so nothing changes for me.
2018-5-9
Use props
Reno Maenhout
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok tested again yesterday.
After setting my I pad region on us English.   I removed Dji Go 4 app.  Then went to the playstore to download and install it again.  To be sure resetted the camera, Calibrated the IMU and went for a fly.
I put all background apps off, emptied the ram, put Ipad in aircraft mode and took off.
Surprise I had one smooth fly.  Antil about 2 Km.   
Still before the last firmware update I could fly with smooth video down till about the same distance with my  cellular on (for going life when i want)

I met someone too.  with the same problem.  He was also flying phantom 4 with an I pad mini 2, with no problem, also till the last firmware update.
I still want to do more test fly to be sure it stayes ok now.
I think better not to upgrade if all works good.
thanks.
2018-5-9
Use props
ZorgCrazy
lvl.1

Belarus

I also have absolutely the same problem on my Phantom 4. I've used Ipad, iphone, Oneplus 2 - on all theese devices were problem. And it started last year.
I'am surptised, that DJI have not patched it yet
2018-5-15
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

ZorgCrazy Posted at 2018-5-15 06:29
I also have absolutely the same problem on my Phantom 4. I've used Ipad, iphone, Oneplus 2 - on all theese devices were problem. And it started last year.

For sure DJI won't reverse the Go4 app to be compatible with older devices.
The app keeps growing and demanding more computing power upon each update.
The Mini 4 is almost three years old - that is a few generations in modern digital times.

It's the same like with software on computers.
If you use this new Photoshop software do you think that Adobe makes a version that you can run on your Windows XP machine?

The race hardware/software is ongoing and your only choice is:
Take it or leave it.
2018-5-15
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

Reno Maenhout Posted at 2018-5-7 23:22
Hi,Do you use the ipad air or air 2?

iPad Air 2
2018-5-15
Use props
ZorgCrazy
lvl.1

Belarus

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-15 13:14

Ok, Iphone 6s is not so old device, Ipad pro 2017 isn't OLD either. The problem is the same. What can you say about this?
BTW, my pahntom 4 is still phantom 4, with its hardware and software.
The only thing that changed - DJI Go app. So may be here is the problem?
2018-5-15
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

ZorgCrazy Posted at 2018-5-15 22:56
Ok, Iphone 6s is not so old device, Ipad pro 2017 isn't OLD either. The problem is the same. What can you say about this?
BTW, my pahntom 4 is still phantom 4, with its hardware and software.
The only thing that changed - DJI Go app. So may be here is the problem?

Yes of course - it's the Go4 app that many devices can't handle anymore.
I moved back to Android - Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. That works perfectly...
2018-5-16
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-15 13:14

As many users here have bought a device that was recommended when they did, DJI need to make sure it still will work now they has started to force upgrades to the resent firmware versions and locking down peoples aircrafts if not done.

I am very sure that Adobe opposite DJI wouldn't stop you from installing a previous t version working on WinXP in case a newer update don't.

As DJI also has made the systems so the App has to match firmware versions they really should make a better effort to ensure App upgrades keep the compatibility on devices that used to work.
If it is the user that upgrade the OS on the device and cause the problems it would be their decision if they want to go back or eventually look for a new device but sure it should not be forced from DJI due to a possible unwanted upgrade.

Over and over we see DJI claim that the upgrades is needed to ensure stability and safety but too often the upgrades has the opposite effect and i have no doubt that the forced upgrades is an attempt to ensure that all get a version with the Geo fence and UUID transmission as their AeroScope system is not worth the price if a big amount of the current DJI products is without this. All in all, imo this a question of money more than safety.
2018-5-16
Use props
ZorgCrazy
lvl.1

Belarus

Eric13 Posted at 2018-5-16 02:56
Yes of course - it's the Go4 app that many devices can't handle anymore.
I moved back to Android - Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. That works perfectly...

I think you dont want to hear me.
I told you that OLD Phantom 4 DO NOT work fine with IPAD PRO.
So you whant to tell me that IpadPro is that device, that DJI Goapp cant handle anymore???
Well, may be you have a Gameboy and Go App works perfectley for you on it. I want modern devices to be compatible with not so modern Ph4
2018-5-16
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

ZorgCrazy Posted at 2018-5-16 12:50
I think you dont want to hear me.
I told you that OLD Phantom 4 DO NOT work fine with IPAD PRO.
So you whant to tell me that IpadPro is that device, that DJI Goapp cant handle anymore???

I heard you but you don't read properly:
I was talking about the Mini4 in my first post, not any other iPad device.

It is not any Phantom that has  problems with the Go app, it is many devices that have issues with the current app.

And your problems don't get solved by getting aggressive.
2018-5-16
Use props
bronislaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1683783 ft
Brazil

I have the mini2 and the same thing is happening too.

I was able to solve this by putting the channel in manual and choosing 4mb the transmission, I do not know why, but 90% improved the test and see if that also solves for you that
2018-5-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bronislaw Posted at 2018-5-16 18:50
I have the mini2 and the same thing is happening too.

I was able to solve this by putting the channel in manual and choosing 4mb the transmission, I do not know why, but 90% improved the test and see if that also solves for you that

Setting a manual channel does not help the RC unit to deal with transmission errors., because it prevents it from choosing another channel with no signals on it.
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules