Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SD Card Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Greetings all...

I'm wondering if I can get some info on SD cards.  The Phantom 4 came with a 16GB 633x card.  It fills up quick.  I have a brand new 32FB 300x card that I bought for my camera.
Can it be used in the Phantom?  What, if anything would be the noticeable difference?

Just wondering because new 633x cards are somewhat expensive and it would be great to not have to put it out.

2018-4-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Slower read/write speeds and longer to import files (if at all compatible)
2018-4-6
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Scandisk Extreme are the best.
2018-4-6
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Expensive is what you have to live with, the 32GB 300x card will most likely not work. The best cards are Sandisk Extreme Pro, but they are not cheap.
2018-4-6
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-6 16:39
Expensive is what you have to live with, the 32GB 300x card will most likely not work. The best cards are Sandisk Extreme Pro, but they are not cheap.

Well... I guess nobody said that this was gonna be a cheap hobby.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB

One more question... does anyone a 128GB?  Or would that be overkill?
2018-4-6
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-6 17:45
Well... I guess nobody said that this was gonna be a cheap hobby.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB

Got a little confused, you have posted in P4A section but icon on your profile indicate a P4 standard.
For the Advanced max size is 128GB but only 64GB for the standard.

Often a big card is more expensive than several small cards that sum up the same total size.
I would recommend looking for 32GB cards and then buy more of them, then when you change battery change card at the same time.
Should something fatal happen you would ''only'' loose your last flights work.
2018-4-7
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-7 01:00
Got a little confused, you have posted in P4A section but icon on your profile indicate a P4 standard.
For the Advanced max size is 128GB but only 64GB for the standard.

Sorry about the post in the wrong place... I sometimes kind of rush and click on the wrong place to put up my post.  I think this is the second time I did it.

The two 32GB card idea is a good idea.  Once again I'm kind of rushing to get it before posting and getting such good advice here in the forum.  Guess I can chalk it up to still being a newb.
2018-4-7
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-7 06:23
Sorry about the post in the wrong place... I sometimes kind of rush and click on the wrong place to put up my post.  I think this is the second time I did it.

The two 32GB card idea is a good idea.  Once again I'm kind of rushing to get it before posting and getting such good advice here in the forum.  Guess I can chalk it up to still being a newb.

No harm done but better get it right as you could get wrong information that could end in trouble.

You can at any time edit your initial post and move the thread to the right section when you find out it has ended in the wrong place.
2018-4-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-7 06:23
Sorry about the post in the wrong place... I sometimes kind of rush and click on the wrong place to put up my post.  I think this is the second time I did it.

The two 32GB card idea is a good idea.  Once again I'm kind of rushing to get it before posting and getting such good advice here in the forum.  Guess I can chalk it up to still being a newb.

I use the Sandisk Ultra on my P4 and although I've not had any issues with it recording at 60 Mb/s that the P4 uses, I would recommend the Sandisk Extreme as a better option, although I think the pro is probably overkill.

The extreme would be usable if you were to step up to a P4A, P4P or Mavic air, all of which record at !00 Mb/s.
2018-4-7
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-7 07:12
I use the Sandisk Ultra on my P4 and although I've not had any issues with it recording at 60 Mb/s that the P4 uses, I would recommend the Sandisk Extreme as a better option, although I think the pro is probably overkill.

The extreme would be usable if you were to step up to a P4A, P4P or Mavic air, all of which record at !00 Mb/s.

After a few guys mentioned the SanDisk Extreme being their card of choice, that's what I ordered.  The 64GB really wasn't all that expensive.  But as someone else pointed out, the best thing to do is get two 32GB because it may be cheaper in the long run.  And if something dreadful were to happen, chances are good that I'll at least have some of what I shot.

The main thing is though, I'm not doing this as a profession... it is strictly for fun.
2018-4-7
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-7 07:43
After a few guys mentioned the SanDisk Extreme being their card of choice, that's what I ordered.  The 64GB really wasn't all that expensive.  But as someone else pointed out, the best thing to do is get two 32GB because it may be cheaper in the long run.  And if something dreadful were to happen, chances are good that I'll at least have some of what I shot.

The main thing is though, I'm not doing this as a profession... it is strictly for fun.

32 GB is a good choice, it's harder to lose two at the same time :-)
2018-4-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2018-4-7 07:47
32 GB is a good choice, it's harder to lose two at the same time :-)

16 GB is even better since you can't fill one in a flight.
2018-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules